Watch
This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Exactly. Be a bit physical and stick 5 across the midfield.
We did that.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly. Be a bit physical and stick 5 across the midfield.
oh is that what you meant by physical
do you think there was any point in chelsea buying shaun wright philips?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
do you think there was any point in chelsea buying shaun wright philips?
At first no but when I thought about it again I now think there is. Would I doubt the Special One? Actually I have. :eek:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
At first no but when I thought about it again I now think there is. Would I doubt the Special One? Actually I have. :eek:
i seriously doubt it. i think he wont be gettin much first team footie, he's probably below joe cole in the pecking order. i think he should have played another season for man city, got more games under his belt then gone to chelsea.
i dont know why but im not taken in by shaun wright philips at the moment, like everyone else seems to be.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We went all out attack and were beating Arsenal at Highbury, 3-1, and this was on their 48th game unbeaten I think. We were all over them. Then, with the 2 goal lead, we moved Job into midfield and attempted to pressure them and be a bit more defensive. We conceded a further 4. When we beat them in the two legs of the Carling Cup Semi Final, we went more or less all out attack in both games.

I reckon to beat Arsenal you need to play them at their own game.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i seriously doubt it. i think he wont be gettin much first team footie, he's probably below joe cole in the pecking order. i think he should have played another season for man city, got more games under his belt then gone to chelsea.
i dont know why but im not taken in by shaun wright philips at the moment, like everyone else seems to be.
But then Robben and Duff are a bit injury prone and Duff might be moved down the pecking order. SWP playing with better players around him could help himself, plus despite changes to the teams etc he could play as many games as Man City because Chelsea will progress further in other competitions and take all of them seriously. Competition for places should improve their perfomances and plus Sven will be watching more Chelsea games than Man City probably.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
I reckon to beat Arsenal you need to play them at their own game.
Like Barcelona?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Like Barcelona?
Total football.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Like Barcelona?
Barcelona are great, but let's be honest, they're no Everton, are they?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But then Robben and Duff are a bit injury prone and Duff might be moved down the pecking order. SWP playing with better players around him could help himself, plus despite changes to the teams etc he could play as many games as Man City because Chelsea will progress further in other competitions and take all of them seriously. Competition for places should improve their perfomances and plus Sven will be watching more Chelsea games than Man City probably.
your probably right- i think robben is extremely prone to injury. i hope he moves down the pecking order, gets sick of not playing games and moves to united
(wistful thinking )
welll i think united need someone in that position cos i think giggs isnt getting any younger and fortune is crap. im not sure about richardson, i think he gives the ball away too cheaply
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Barcelona are great, but let's be honest, they're no Everton, are they?
Oh fo' sure!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
your probably right- i think robben is extremely prone to injury. i hope he moves down the pecking order, gets sick of not playing games and moves to united
(wistful thinking )
welll i think united need someone in that position cos i think giggs isnt getting any younger and fortune is crap. im not sure about richardson, i think he gives the ball away too cheaply
We've got two potentially world class English left wingers. Bonza.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
welll i think united need someone in that position cos i think giggs isnt getting any younger and fortune is crap.
Could always try Downing although he'd be better of where he is at the moment probably.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Could always try Downing although he'd be better of where he is at the moment probably.
We don't even need him, they can have him for a decent fee. Johnson is the future. Downing's just an old fogey. Don't think of nabbing Johnson either, he's already turned down Liverpool this year.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have Downing, Doriva and Hasselbaink in my fantasy football team.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't think of nabbing Johnson either, he's already turned down Liverpool this year.
I have just spoken to Peter Kenyon and he's on the tapping up list for Chelsea :eek:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have Downing, Doriva and Hasselbaink in my fantasy football team.
I'd seriously reconsider Doriva (even when he plays he'll get minimal points). Hasselbaink won't be first choice either.

I've got Cech, Terry and Robben in mine
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have just spoken to Peter Kenyon and he's on the tapping up list for Chelsea :eek:
Isn't everyone? :eek:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah
hope that traitor gets fined and is in debt for life

neway laters im off
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd seriously reconsider Doriva (even when he plays he'll get minimal points). Hasselbaink won't be first choice either.
I only got Doriva because I splashed out on some rather expensive players beforehand so it was a choice to make up the numbers and have a team.

I've got Cech, Terry and Robben in mine
I have Cech, Terry and Lampard for Chelsea. I have Martyn for a second keeper but that was probably a bit of a waste of money unless I benefit from him playing whilst Cech is too.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed