hope that traitor gets fined and is in debt for life
Traitor? He supports Man City you know.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I have Cech, Terry and Lampard for Chelsea. I have Martyn for a second keeper but that was probably a bit of a waste of money unless I benefit from him playing whilst Cech is too.
is this that Prem Leag Fantasy Footy - because thats my Chelsea players too but i think ive got Robinson as the sub goalie
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was a fantasy football thing set up on the channel 4 website?
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yessss I just remembered; I can do an 'all around the world' with a football now! *proud*
streetfighter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Was a fantasy football thing set up on the channel 4 website?
Nah its not open for registration yet, but i thought it'd be easier as it uses the exact same program as the previous BBC's ones.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
If he plays centre of the park how is he going to get past Stevie G laa and Xabi Alonso into the team? Surely he's too good to be playing on the bench, you'll have to revert to 4-5-1 to accommodate him!
It's always a bit of a risk to buy overseas players, just like the risk we've taken with Kroldrup, given the fact that he won't be first in the pecking order i'm not so sure he'll be satisfied with his opportunities, and probably begin to wonder what he's doing sitting on the bench a lot of the time..
Squad rotation. Gerrard and Alonso can't play every game, and Sissoko will get a fiar crack of the rep - just like Hamann will. I'd imagine him being employed as a cup and league player tbh, and I doubt we'll play a 4-5-1 with 3 CMs in the middle of the park.

Oh come on! Do you believe he'll ever improve? Le Tallec? My lord! He's got about as much chance of making it big in the premierleague as.. James McFadden has of being a straight man - no chance!
Nothing wrong with flourishing in the Champions League, but the idea is to perform well in your first target, i.e. the Premier League. Surely you agree he hasn't been good enough in the Premier League last year?
Yes I do. The kid's a genius, and I'd love to watch him play behind Pongolle occasionally.

No, Garcia hasn't been good enough in the premiership - I agree. But was he ever bought completely with the premiership in mind? Rafa came in, not knowing the team or structure - so he came along with a bit of baggage too. He knows and trusts Garcia to do a job, and Europe is where he's best at. You have to admit that he's a useful player, and has his moments in the league. This trouble is that he gives the ball away too easily - something we have to work on.

Beattie has had exactly the same amount of time at Everton as El Moro has at you lot, and Beattie has done more than Morientes already. Apparently Morientes is one of the best strikers in Europe, surely he wouldn't need more than half a season to adapt to the Premier League style of play? Same price too, gosh! Crouch.. I just can't see it :rofl: - sorry, but I think you're trying to convince yourself he'll be a great buy, when deep down you know it's a rather strange buy.. and for £7m! Excellent!
You want to explain how Beattie's done more for you lot than for us? Been here the same amount of time, roughly amount of games, and has scored 5 for us compared to Beattie's 2. Yes, Morientes may be overhyped at Anfield, but we haven't seen his true potential yet, but we're starting to see signs. Perhaps he should have settled by the end of the season, but yes, it's a different league and game to La Liga. It doesn't help that our team was jetting off every week without him to play in Europe, and even back at home he was not an automatic choice. As a general rule, if there's no fluency to your games, it's hard to have a fluent game.
I'm not convinced that Rodney will be a great buy, but I do think he's an astute player and it shows that Benitez is now buying with the premiership in mind. I've already given my argument for what this is based on. In all honesty, I'd rather trust his instinct than yours and I reckon he'll come good.

Yeah sure it'll evolve, I just can't see Crouch doing the job at Liverpool, especially in Europe. I don't know what else to say, it's just all too funny! Peter Crouch, Liverpools new striker - :rofl:!!
He won't do a job in Europe, that's the point. He was bought for domestic reasons for domestic football. You might not have realised we've 5 other strikers who have proved their worth in Europe.

Sure he's like a new signing. He's played less than 15 games for us, partially through stupidity and partially due to a lack of fitness because of an injury at Southampton. He's probably had enough time at Everton to get his match fitness and sharpness up, but certainly not enough time to come in and play an unfamiliar (4-5-1) role and make it pay dividends. This next season will probably see him being put back into a 4-4-2 formation, so we should see the goalscorer that we know he is.
Mebbe, if Moyes convinces him to lay off the pies.

Yep course they are different, i'm sure if we are given the same amount of luck you had in Europe last year we'll be absolutely fine. If you can win it with that squad we can win it 10 times over.
Hardly.

Yeah we all know big signings can turn out to be flops! Diao, Biscan, Diouf, Heskey etc.. Reina will probably turn out to be a good signing for you come the end of the season, about time you found a half decent goalkeeper.
I think it's laughable to see the Liverpool fans starting to love Gerrard again. He sh*t all over your club and you all love him for it!
How can you ever thing he's loyal to your club again? He'll be off to Chelsea next summer!
I was hoping you'd pick out that one! But it's also true of the other way round. You can get amazing players for very little money, if you take a risk. Or even (directed firmly at Chelsea's way) if you give your academy a chance. He won the European Cup, he stayed (twice), has since scored 5 goals in 3 games, and even offered to give up the armband in reconciliation. Gerrard's looking mean this season, and he's out to prove something.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sup footy people?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This is a fcking joke resigning Pistone, left back or not he's useless, no heart in his play and his distribution is just as bad. ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
This is a fcking joke resigning Pistone, left back or not he's useless, no heart in his play and his distribution is just as bad. ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!
:rofl:

And yous lot take the piss out of my Djimi.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
shows how desperate everton are
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's plenty of better options available for left back in the transfer market who are BETTER than pistone. He is a joke especially with his white socks rolled up to his thighs, i'd hate to think what he'll be like in the champions league qualifier if we play him, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Get Lee Young-pyo now!!!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There's plenty of better options available for left back in the transfer market who are BETTER than pistone. He is a joke especially with his white socks rolled up to his thighs, i'd hate to think what he'll be like in the champions league qualifier if we play him, ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Get Lee Young-pyo now!!!
how many players have snubbed everton?
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
how many players have snubbed everton?
Not as many as you'd think:
Parker chose £50,000 a week and tanning tips from Souness

Emre wanted £60,000, we pulled out

Bellamy - we weren't after "We didn't talk to him (Bellamy) but we are looking to strengthen in two or three areas and are hopeful of getting that done before the start of the season," he said.

Forssell - failed a medical which he initially denied but was sorted in the end

Sissoko - well who would turn down an opportunity to work under the manager that bought you.

Javi Guerrero - Keith Wyness Everton CEO, however, said: "I had never heard of Guerrero until I turned on my television at the weekend and read teletext."
NC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WHo's playing Fantasy Football on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ here?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NickC)
WHo's playing Fantasy Football on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ here?
there's 4 of us so far in the tsr league... 47257-12390
streetfighter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
there's 4 of us so far in the tsr league... 47257-12390
i joined but i might withdraw that team if albion sign shatskikh *prays*. oh and if anyone wants to play my new stadium quiz (much harder than last nights one) it will be uploaded at about 7:30.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
:rofl:

And yous lot take the piss out of my Djimi.
However poor Allesandro Pistone is, he will always be 100 times better than Djimi 'I just can't control my legs' Traore :rofl:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool's new team photo

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7617/crouch6zl.jpg
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Liverpool's new team photo

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7617/crouch6zl.jpg
LOL
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I've entered, but I'll get compeltely owned. I'm so lame at FF... also pick as few liverpool players as possible, and they turn ***** whenever I do. *ahem* Kewell. :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (84)
33.6%
No I don't (118)
47.2%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed