The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
you telling me Everton fans werent bothered about losing rooney and gravesen at their respective times? i dont think the general attitude was its ok, we'll just work harder, it was more "oh pants, hold your breath boys"
We lose Owen, we become European Champions. You see a pattern developing? :rolleyes: :p:
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
We lose Owen, we become European Champions. You see a pattern developing? :rolleyes: :p:
yeh. but if you'da said that to Dan it would have had "no relevance"
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You lost Owen and replaced with over £20m worth of players.
We lost Rooney and replaced with a 450k player.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeh. but if you'da said that to Dan it would have had "no relevance"
I agree Owen was a great player for you, but he wasn't your key player imo. That was/is Gerrard. You replaced Owen.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
You lost Owen and replaced with over £20m worth of players.
We lost Rooney and replaced with a 450k player.
no. cisse was coming anyway and raf didnt bring in an out and out striker to replace owen until el moro in jan.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I agree Owen was a great player for you, but he wasn't your key player imo. That was/is Gerrard. You replaced Owen.
Ermm... no. Gerrard's been the Gerrard we all know and love for around 2 seasons. Before then he was a big talent and one of our best players, but not the mainstay of our team. In reality, that was our defense - Hyypia & Henchoz. Gary Mac played a bigger role. And back then, Owen was scoring 25 goals a season, losing him was serious and an £8m return was insulting.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
rooney was hardly your key player, though i admit gravesen was.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ermm... no. Gerrard's been the Gerrard we all know and love for around 2 seasons. Before then he was a big talent and one of our best players, but not the mainstay of our team. In reality, that was our defense - Hyypia & Henchoz. Gary Mac played a bigger role. And back then, Owen was scoring 25 goals a season, losing him was serious and an £8m return was insulting.
Hey, you got Nunez too.. :rofl: - great sale by Rafa!

I don't think Gerrard will stay at Liverpool for the rest of his contract, he's already shown how loyal he is to the club by asking to leave! In my opinion there should be no going back for a player after they put in a request to leave - hence when Rooney wanted to go most of the Everton fans just wanted to get the biggest amount of money for him instead of making an unhappy player stay.

no. cisse was coming anyway and raf didnt bring in an out and out striker to replace owen until el moro in jan.
I think Cisse was ideal replacement for Owen, both very similar players in the respect that they are fast, love to run on to through balls and are good finishers of the ball.
If Benethus felt like he needed to bring in an additional player earlier, then he would have.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
+ Nunez
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I don't think Gerrard will stay at Liverpool for the rest of his contract, he's already shown how loyal he is to the club by asking to leave!
And then withdrawing it the day after? If he'd ****ed us around that much, been so amazingly disloyal and whatever other ridiculous allegations you care to make, he'd have been welcomed back with open arms, offered to give up the captaincy, told he can keep the armband, and consequently scored 5 goals in two matches? :rolleyes:

In my opinion there should be no going back for a player after they put in a request to leave - hence when Rooney wanted to go most of the Everton fans just wanted to get the biggest amount of money for him instead of making an unhappy player stay.
Yeh... makes sense. You don't happen to work in Soho Square, or even for UEFA, perchance? :confused:
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gary Mac played a bigger role.
Gary Mac was soooo cool :cool:

(sorry, that's all I have to add!)
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Gary Mac was soooo cool :cool:

(sorry, that's all I have to add!)
i must say he could hit a free kick
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i must say he could hit a free kick
Indeed he could!
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How ironic that a player hardly good enough for the Intertoto Cup ends up with a CL medal.. but there again, so did the rest of your squad - unbelievable really!
Dan stop being so mean and just accept the fact that we won it and get over it! I won't smile for you any more
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And then withdrawing it the day after? If he'd ****ed us around that much, been so amazingly disloyal and whatever other ridiculous allegations you care to make, he'd have been welcomed back with open arms, offered to give up the captaincy, told he can keep the armband, and consequently scored 5 goals in two matches? :rolleyes:
5 goals in 2 games against? TNS? Comedy.
I could probably scored 6 goals against them myself.

Funny how the Liverpool fans easily forget how much Stevie G Laa messed them around!
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
5 goals in 2 games against? TNS? Comedy.
I could probably scored 6 goals against them myself.

Funny how the Liverpool fans easily forget how much Stevie G Laa messed them around!
i concur

YOU PUT YOUR TRANSFER IN YOUR TRANSFER OUT
IN OUT IN OUT YOU f**k YOUR CLUB ABOUT
YOU DO THE STEVIE GERRARD AN YA CHANGE YA MIND
THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT

OOOOHHHOOOOHH GERRARDS A wan*er
AND HIS BIRDS A **** **** ****
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
Thailand u23s?
we always do piss poor in pre season! the only time we did well in pre season was under Walter Smith, go figure.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
i concur

YOU PUT YOUR TRANSFER IN YOUR TRANSFER OUT
IN OUT IN OUT YOU f**k YOUR CLUB ABOUT
YOU DO THE STEVIE GERRARD AN YA CHANGE YA MIND
THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT

AND HIS BIRDS A **** **** ****
nice :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
is this that Prem Leag Fantasy Footy - because thats my Chelsea players too but i think ive got Robinson as the sub goalie
Correct.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Funny how Everton fans easily forget that one season of playing above their means does not cancel out 20 years of mediocrity. :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (179)
18.76%
Labour (488)
51.15%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.52%
Green Party (55)
5.77%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)