The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Come on Spurs - bring him to the club!!!!
no
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Xenon are you going to the parade? if so, do you know what day its on as the details were only given on the Sunday when we officially won the premiership against spurs, but since then Arsenal.com haven't said anything more about it
Me and my friend were thinking of going, but I'm not sure when the date is. If you find out the date, can you please tell me, and if I find out anything, I'll tell you.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Don't listen to him. He's on drugs.
Have you seen our midfield?

Apart from Davies and Brown, there isn't one!
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you seen our midfield?

Apart from Davies and Brown, there isn't one!
It's not an excuse to for someone slightly better than them. He really wouldn't add much, apart from a bit of flair. He can't really finish or pass with any consistancy, so there wouldn't be much point.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's not an excuse to for someone slightly better than them. He really wouldn't add much, apart from a bit of flair. He can't really finish or pass with any consistancy, so there wouldn't be much point.
Slightly better than them?

He is far better than our attacking options.

We don't have any flair. And for the price we could get him at - he would be worth it.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Slightly better than them?

He is far better than our attacking options.

We don't have any flair. And for the price we could get him at - he would be worth it.
I didn't say we had flair, in fact I said he would add some. My other points still stand however.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I didn't say we had flair, in fact I said he would add some. My other points still stand however.
His finishing is improving - look at that goal against Newcastle for example.
Yes, he needs to start scoring, but he has never hjad a good run of games at Chelsea, and had no real support in the West Ham team, apart from Carrick.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Can be, isn't always. I first heard him mentioned about 7 years ago, he must have been in his mid teens then, people were saying he'd be the best in the world yadda yadda. He's pretty skillful, but very weak too, can't see him ever being on a par with the world's best.
Yeah, but I don't think it is possible to be English and be on a par with the world's best.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
His finishing is improving - look at that goal against Newcastle for example.
Yes, he needs to start scoring, but he has never hjad a good run of games at Chelsea, and had no real support in the West Ham team, apart from Carrick.
But he's not supposed to be a player he needs support but a player who just makes things. If he was good enough then just Carrick alongside him would have been enough and West Ham would not have been relegated (don't forget either that they had two of our strikers as well). This also brings up a further point - why should we want to rebuild a team that actually got relegated?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
What do you mean, as in the PL isn't a good enough breeding ground for talent?
Perhaps, or maybe it just aint in the English genepool.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
But he's not supposed to be a player he needs support but a player who just makes things. If he was good enough then just Carrick alongside him would have been enough and West Ham would not have been relegated (don't forget either that they had two of our strikers as well). This also brings up a further point - why should we want to rebuild a team that actually got relegated?
Because those players were the best players from that team and with the other players we have, we can have a great team playing.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because those players were the best players from that team and with the other players we have, we can have a great team playing.
Hmm. James better than Keller. Sinclair better than whatever left winger we happen to be playing. Carrick better than Brown/Redknapp. Repka and Dailly better than Gardner, Doherty and Richards. It's really not going to get us very far.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmm. James better than Keller. Sinclair better than whatever left winger we happen to be playing. Carrick better than Brown/Redknapp. Repka and Dailly better than Gardner, Doherty and Richards. It's really not going to get us very far.
Not the whole team.

The best players from that West Ham team were Defoe, Kanoute, Joe Cole and Carrick.

Those four would all have got into our first team last season, as Defoe and Kanoute have shown, and so would Cole and Carrick. They are improving on players who were in those posititons.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not the whole team.

The best players from that West Ham team were Defoe, Kanoute, Joe Cole and Carrick.

Those four would all have got into our first team last season, as Defoe and Kanoute have shown, and so would Cole and Carrick. They are improving on players who were in those posititons.
The only player of those four who has actually come on though is Defoe. Kanoute was already quite good. The midfielders have failed to live up to their potential.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The only player of those four who has actually come on though is Defoe. Kanoute was already quite good. The midfielders have failed to live up to their potential.
Cole has potential if he gets the games, starting to play well for Chelsea now, while Carrick has done okay in Division One, but Cole is the better of the midfielders.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Cole has potential if he gets the games, starting to play well for Chelsea now, while Carrick has done okay in Division One, but Cole is the better of the midfielders.
I always thought Carrick was a better reader of the game and better at the simple stuff... but he didn't really have much else. Cole doesn't have what Carrick's got. If I could choose one West Ham player it would be Matthew Etherington. Bloody plonker Hoddle.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
So Valencia won La Liga, poor old Becks didn't win the league or CL, will that hasten a return to the PL I wonder?
Valencia probably deserved it, have looked strong all season, which can only be said for them in La liga. Beckham also scored in Real's failed attempt in the final of the cup. Lol poor Becks, I hope he does come back to the Premiership. He said he would come back to United if Fergie went. So i think that is the queue for Ferguson to leave.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Me and my friend were thinking of going, but I'm not sure when the date is. If you find out the date, can you please tell me, and if I find out anything, I'll tell you.
ok then, cheers!
DuncanM
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Perhaps, or maybe it just aint in the English genepool.
Steven Gerrard is as good as any midfielder in the world today.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DuncanM)
Steven Gerrard is as good as any midfielder in the world today.
the game he just played in - he performed immense - s been a great season for him
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (254)
48.75%
No (57)
10.94%
I'm not old enough (210)
40.31%

Watched Threads