Watch
This discussion is closed.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Yep. It's a shame. The clubs involved in the tour might seek compensation. I think there's a seperate thread about it.
Crystal Palace's chairman Simon Jordan is still being a ***** called them "cowardly" and is going to sue them. Though still not a touch close to him saying "£6 million? what does Bill Kenwright expect for that? £6million won't even buy Andy Johnson's trainers" hahahaha.
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Ok, I remember when they played in Champions League and Liverpool won by 4-2 I think and it was crucial for them otherwise pool wouldn't go through to the quarter final. Gerrard saved them as well, as he always do.
Near enough. We needed to win by two goals. Rivaldo scored from a free kick in the first half, meaning we needed 3 goals. We were rubbish in the first half, barely creating a chance. Pongolle came on at half time and scored a minute later. Mellor scrambled one in about ten mimutes later. Olympiacos were tiring under the barrage and didn't even look a threat on the counter. Then on about 84 mins Gerrard blasted in a 30 yard, out swinging, half volley to the left of the keeper.
aaaaah. Those were the days!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Crystal Palace's chairman Simon Jordan is still being a ***** called them "cowardly" and is going to sue them. Though still not a touch close to him saying "£6 million? what does Bill Kenwright expect for that? £6million won't even buy Andy Johnson's trainers" hahahaha.
haha
If his trainers are worth more than £6 million, that might be the secret to his success. Maybe they should stump up the extra cash and buy those trainers and give them to Beattie. God knows he needs them!
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Near enough. We needed to win by two goals. Rivaldo scored from a free kick in the first half, meaning we needed 3 goals. We were rubbish in the first half, barely creating a chance. Pongolle came on at half time and scored a minute later. Mellor scrambled one in about ten mimutes later. Olympiacos were tiring under the barrage and didn't even look a threat on the counter. Then on about 84 mins Gerrard blasted in a 30 yard, out swinging, half volley to the left of the keeper.
aaaaah. Those were the days!
Yeah, that's why it's funny to watch football because football can surprise us sometimes. The final was even better played but it's little strange why they are not playing so good in Premier League.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Whats happening footy people, been playing FM 2005 with my brother since 10 am... 13 hours... my eyes are square. I see since I've been gone theres been some Arsenal ****ging off concerning the whole GK situation

...My head hurts....My eyes are square! :eek:
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Whats happening footy people, been playing FM 2005 with my brother since 10 am... 13 hours... my eyes are square. I see since I've been gone theres been some Arsenal ****ging off concerning the whole GK situation

...My head hurts....My eyes are square! :eek:
Try to play Fifa 2005! It's really fun to play it with someone else.
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
haha
If his trainers are worth more than £6 million, that might be the secret to his success. Maybe they should stump up the extra cash and buy those trainers and give them to Beattie. God knows he needs them!
We don't need to pay £6million for trainers that help people dive, we could get David Ginola back cheaper by getting him a l'oreal sponsorship deal.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Try to play Fifa 2005! It's really fun to play it with someone else.
Want to try to play multiplayer?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We don't need to pay £6million for trainers that help people dive, we could get David Ginola back cheaper by getting him a l'oreal sponsorship deal.
Or maybe give Cahill's boots to Beattie. I don't think Chahill really needs them anyway.
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Want to try to play multiplayer?
Nope, I'm really bad and I can't do tricks either.
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Or maybe give Cahill's boots to Beattie. I don't think Chahill really needs them anyway.
we had a player for oxford called jefferson louis who used to wear white boots. was a pile of *****

did score the winner against the scum (swindon) in the fa cup 3rd round 3 seasons ago to set up the tie with arsenal, but thankfully hes followed the pariah ian atkins to bristol rovers. they're welcome to him
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Simon Jordan is great. He and Steve Gibson (Boro chairman) are the only ones to take an active stance against agents and their extortionationisms. But unlike Gibbo, he tends to speak out and make himself the centre of media attention. If I was a Palace fan I'd be quite embarrassed, but I'm not, so it's funny.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Simon Jordan is great. He and Steve Gibson (Boro chairman) are the only ones to take an active stance against agents and their extortionationisms. But unlike Gibbo, he tends to speak out and make himself the centre of media attention. If I was a Palace fan I'd be quite embarrassed, but I'm not, so it's funny.
I like that word! Please tell me it's a real word and not one you just made up
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Bill Kenwright is better, he wrote off many 6 figure sum debts owed to us by clubs like Sunderland who owed us 400k in transfer installments.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Evertonians do you think Cahill will repaet he's form of last season this season, no bias please.. how well has he been playing in pre-season friendlys?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep. It's a shame. The clubs involved in the tour might seek compensation. I think there's a seperate thread about it.
six figure compensation
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gexko)
we had a player for oxford called jefferson louis who used to wear white boots. was a pile of *****

did score the winner against the scum (swindon) in the fa cup 3rd round 3 seasons ago to set up the tie with arsenal, but thankfully hes followed the pariah ian atkins to bristol rovers. they're welcome to him
do not insult jefferson louis...to me he was and will always be a Woking legend
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
do not insult jefferson louis...to me he was and will always be a Woking legend
of course, i forgot to mention the glorious time when he couldnt play for us because he was on loan at woking.

'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BACK TO WOKING'

as we used to chant...

y atkins stuck with him i dont know...
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Evertonians do you think Cahill will repaet he's form of last season this season, no bias please.. how well has he been playing in pre-season friendlys?
Hadn't had much chance to look at him, he's had a later start to pre-season to everyone else because of the confed cup. He looked dangerous today and i have no doubts about him being as good if not better than last season.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hadn't had much chance to look at him, he's had a later start to pre-season to everyone else because of the confed cup. He looked dangerous today and i have no doubts about him being as good if not better than last season.
cheers
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads