Watch
This discussion is closed.
thegame26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Angel is class just no service last season
Ellis has said 20m is available thus far we have spent a bit but am hoping a large amount is still going to be spent hopefully on a new striker !!! Baros would be a good signing but not sure we'll get him
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by onaed)
Angel is class just no service last season
Ellis has said 20m is available thus far we have spent a bit but am hoping a large amount is still going to be spent hopefully on a new striker !!! Baros would be a good signing but not sure we'll get him
I know you've offered £5mil but we want 7. You got competition from Depor and West Ham. It won't be easy
thegame26
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and too b fair we aint as big as liverpool but if we cant attract a player against teams like west ham we are proper *******
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
I know you've offered £5mil but we want 7. You got competition from Depor and West Ham. It won't be easy
That's even if he goes. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to go, and it seems as if Benitez is listening - according to the named squad vs. Kaunas. For the first time in yonks, Milan is actually learning. Played with his head up for once, looked sharp, and even played as creator vs Olympiakos! At the end of the day, he's a very good striker, and having all of Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Crouch, (Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle) can't be a bad thing. It's not like we're in dire straits financially either.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd be shocked if Baros started the season with us.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
That's even if he goes. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to go, and it seems as if Benitez is listening - according to the named squad vs. Kaunas. For the first time in yonks, Milan is actually learning. Played with his head up for once, looked sharp, and even played as creator vs Olympiakos! At the end of the day, he's a very good striker, and having all of Baros, Cisse, Morientes, Crouch, (Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle) can't be a bad thing. It's not like we're in dire straits financially either.
baros may be playing ok at the moment but wait till the season starts. everyone was shouting his praise after euro 2004. i think baros should stay cos with crouch its an entirely different story. them two might be good together ( like koller and baros).

but i still hate the guy
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Davids, Coco and van der Meyde appear to be on their way to Goodison. Blimey.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Davids, Coco and van der Meyde appear to be on their way to Goodison. Blimey.
I'd love it it if were true matey.
Whats your source?
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I'd love it it if were true matey.
Whats your source?
Daddy's. *snigger*

Sky Sports News - they also reckon once this is done Figo will be off to Inter.

Think it's a gamble myself. Could pay off big time, but on the other hand...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Daddy's. *snigger*

Sky Sports News - they also reckon once this is done Figo will be off to Inter.

Think it's a gamble myself. Could pay off big time, but on the other hand...
How did I know you'd say that.. :p:

I know the rumours have been flying around for months about Van Der Meyde, weeks about Davids and a short while about Coco.
Apparently Coco played for us in a behind-closed-doors game against Dundee 2 weeks ago.. yet to see if he's signing or not though! Everton haven't confirmed this, however.

Would love to see those three playing for us. But just can't see it, really really can't see it.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
England U19s playing now on Eurosport. Boro's McMahon, Morrison and Taylor all start, as usual, but no place for another Boro lad David Wheater, who scored the bullet header in the last 5 minutes to get them a place in today's semi-final. Morrison got MoM last game as well.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4717997.stm

i hope he doesnt go :eek: he's not all that but he's a good utility player and played good against arsenal
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4717997.stm

i hope he doesnt go :eek: he's not all that but he's a good utility player and played good against arsenal
As you said, if he does it will give way for other players to step up. I think Man Utd have been a bit stale over the years. Same old, same old.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
As you said, if he does it will give way for other players to step up. I think Man Utd have been a bit stale over the years. Same old, same old.
yeah - but then gary wont be the same old gary!
i think he may go cos he's not getting much first team football, a bit like butt. but i think fergie should let him play more. if by him giving way you mean players like miller stepping up then i'd rather not.(or bellion for that matter )
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah - but then gary wont be the same old gary!
i think he may go cos he's not getting much first team football, a bit like butt. but i think fergie should let him play more. if by him giving way you mean players like miller stepping up then i'd rather not.(or bellion for that matter )
Man Utd has been going stale for a while, as I said and need to get in new players or jig things around a bit. Thats why they ain't won nuffing!!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Man Utd has been going stale for a while, as I said and need to get in new players or jig things around a bit. Thats why they ain't won nuffing!!
:eek: we have bought new players but they've all been crap (apart from rooney!) djemba djemba was a waste of money - i dont know why aston villa bought him :confused:
i think park ji sung seems ok. but alan smith etc. i think claudio ranieri has hypnotised fergie!
btw we didnt win anything this season cos fergie felt sorry for mourinho, so he decided to go easy on him :cool:
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
They're in too much debt to have a reshuffle. They've probably blown most of their cash on Park and Van der Saar that Malcolm Glazer kindly allowed them. Hehe...

*giggles*

Independent Manchester United Supporters Association
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:eek: we have bought new players but they've all been crap (apart from rooney!) djemba djemba was a waste of money - i dont know why aston villa bought him :confused:
i think park ji sung seems ok. but alan smith etc. i think claudio ranieri has hypnotised fergie!
btw we didnt win anything this season cos fergie felt sorry for mourinho, so he decided to go easy on him :cool:
Well ya won't be winning anything this year either then. :rolleyes:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well ya won't be winning anything this year either then. :rolleyes:
i think morinho is a big boy now! he doesnt need fergies protection
i think chelsea rode there luck last season- but this season will be a different story ( i hope so anyway!)
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
This Bristol City manager's a bit of a crazy lunatic (and strong). Apparently he snaps up Bridges....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads