The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea should buy more youngsters! Preferbly so they fit the UEFA requirement.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
DAVIDS DEAL IN DOUBT

Tottenham may have prematurely announced the signing of Edgar Davids after his lawyer claimed the Dutchman was still weighing up offers.

Spurs claimed on Tuesday night that they had agreed a deal with Inter Milan and were close to agreeing terms with Davids about a switch to White Hart Lane.

But it is thought that Everton are also in the race for his signature, and they can offer the added bonus of European football.

Rob Geerling told The Guardian: "Edgar has offers from several British clubs, who are talking to Inter. Edgar is waiting to see what is happening with those clubs.

"Edgar likes to play at the highest level; there are pros and cons for all the relevant clubs."

See - like I said, sounds like a propaganda sham. Yet another one of Tottenham's "look who we nearly signed!"s.
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And WTF - Steve Claridge has been sacked. That's mental.

Also - Woodgate's career over? Shocking news if it is - he was a world class player.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Chelsea should buy more youngsters! Preferbly so they fit the UEFA requirement.
Why buy more youngsters? What's wrong with signing players up from your academy rather than bending UEFA rules? Oh... you support Chelsea. Now I understand :rolleyes:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Also - Woodgate's career over? Shocking news if it is - he was a world class player.
It's been denied. It was first announced on Spanish radio a couple of nights ago, but he's just joined up with the squad for training
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Carragher dedicated last night's goal to Michael Shields, and is imploring the government to sort it out. For anyone who isn't in the know, Shields was sentenced 15 years in Bulgaria for attempted murder - despite another man admitting full responsibility. I met the guy once, friend of a friend of a friend of a friend and all that *******s.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
DAVIDS DEAL IN DOUBT

Tottenham may have prematurely announced the signing of Edgar Davids after his lawyer claimed the Dutchman was still weighing up offers.

Spurs claimed on Tuesday night that they had agreed a deal with Inter Milan and were close to agreeing terms with Davids about a switch to White Hart Lane.

But it is thought that Everton are also in the race for his signature, and they can offer the added bonus of European football.

See - like I said, sounds like a propaganda sham. Yet another one of Tottenham's "look who we nearly signed!"s.
i wouldnt mind him going to everton, like kluivert went to newcastle :toofunny:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Carragher dedicated last night's goal to Michael Shields, and is imploring the government to sort it out. For anyone who isn't in the know, Shields was sentenced 15 years in Bulgaria for attempted murder - despite another man admitting full responsibility. I met the guy once, friend of a friend of a friend of a friend and all that *******s.
I'm sure the defender knocked the ball into his own net.
Shame about that Shields guy though.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
DAVIDS DEAL IN DOUBT

Rob Geerling told The Guardian: "Edgar has offers from several British clubs, who are talking to Inter. Edgar is waiting to see what is happening with those clubs.

"Edgar likes to play at the highest level; there are pros and cons for all the relevant clubs."

No, that's a typical Everton thing to do!
We don't get him.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I'm sure the defender knocked the ball into his own net.
Shame about that Shields guy though.
It was deflected, but was his goal all the same. And we'll have to wait and see about Shields. Other than these Dutch has-beens (see any resemblance to Kluivert?) are you looking at anyone else? Or more specifically, where would you like to strengthen? As for us, centre defense and right wing have to be top priorities.
bean69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
DAVIDS DEAL IN DOUBT

i think he is gonna sign apparently he's due for a medical on thursdayPlanet football)

Tottenham hope to sign Edgar Davids by the end of the week as he is expected in North London on Thursday for a medical.

Spurs had originally said that they had landed Davids on Tuesday, before his agent then said that the Dutchman still had other offers to consider.

Rob Geerlings has now confirmed that the Internazionale midfielder to due in the English capital for a medical and talks over personal terms after opting to join Spurs.

"Edgar will be in London tomorrow for a medical with Tottenham Hotspur and to agree personal terms," said Geerlings.

Martin Jol had seemed supremely confident of signing the 32-year-old but Middlesbrough and Everton were also interested and Spurs looked like they could even lose out late on.

Davids will now be moving to White Hart Lane, should he tie up the lose ends, before signing on a free transfer.

The former Ajax, Milan and Juventus man is likely to demand around £50,000-a-week at Spurs, and could also land a hefty signing-on bonus.

Jol is keen to add a player of vast experience at the highest level to complement his young squad at Spurs, and he will be delighted with his imminent arrival.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bean69)
i think he is gonna sign apparently he's due for a medical on thursdayPlanet football)

"Edgar will be in London tomorrow for a medical with Tottenham Hotspur and to agree personal terms," said Geerlings.

Martin Jol had seemed supremely confident of signing the 32-year-old but Middlesbrough and Everton were also interested and Spurs looked like they could even lose out late on.

imminent arrival.
i think he'll go to tottenham, but i think totenham dont need him. they've already got a decent squad, no sense in spoiling it!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
It was deflected, but was his goal all the same. And we'll have to wait and see about Shields. Other than these Dutch has-beens (see any resemblance to Kluivert?) are you looking at anyone else? Or more specifically, where would you like to strengthen? As for us, centre defense and right wing have to be top priorities.
Not sure who we are after to be honest, although Francesco Coco from Inter has been strongly linked, as has Andy Van Der Meyde..

Areas we need to work on are left back, up front and possibly more competition in centre midfield.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago

Tottenham hope to sign Edgar Davids by the end of the week as he is expected in North London on Thursday for a medical.

Spurs had originally said that they had landed Davids on Tuesday, before his agent then said that the Dutchman still had other offers to consider.

Rob Geerlings has now confirmed that the Internazionale midfielder to due in the English capital for a medical and talks over personal terms after opting to join Spurs.

Davids will now be moving to White Hart Lane, should he tie up the lose ends, before signing on a free transfer.

The former Ajax, Milan and Juventus man is likely to demand around £50,000-a-week at Spurs, and could also land a hefty signing-on bonus.

Jol is keen to add a player of vast experience at the highest level to complement his young squad at Spurs, and he will be delighted with his imminent arrival.
Me thinx Spurs are gunna find it harder to agree personal terms than they think... Davids does think a lot of himself. Amazing player imo tho and still is! =) Wud be cool for the premiership to have him!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Me thinx Spurs are gunna find it harder to agree personal terms than they think... Davids does think a lot of himself. Amazing player imo tho and still is! =)
is he another player who can play 'sexy' football :rolleyes:

btw why does he wear them glasses???
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by darth_vader05)
is he another player who can play 'sexy' football :rolleyes:

btw why does he wear them glasses???
Yea he plays well sexy football! :cool:

He's got Glaucoma.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yea he plays well sexy football! :cool:

He's got Glaucoma.
you think everyone plays sexy football :rolleyes:
neway laters im gonna go and try to play 'sexy' football
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by darth_vader05)
you think everyone plays sexy football :rolleyes:
neway laters im gonna go and try to play 'sexy' football
Nah only the sexy players... Ronaldinho, Zidane etc...

Wicked, let me know how it goes! :cool:
bean69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
is it just me that thinks if tottenham get davids they will have a ridiculous amount of midfielders?
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
is it just me that thinks if tottenham get davids they will have a ridiculous amount of midfielders?
Yea lool, a lot of their players are gunna get frustrated on the bench next season!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (163)
47.8%
No (42)
12.32%
I'm not old enough (136)
39.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed