The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
I don't see the logic in signing him, unless the management think less of Carrick than the england set up. The same would go for Everton. At the end of the day, he's not a long term prospect, but I hope to see him succeed wherever he goes. As said, he's a sexi player... but not quite as hawt as Didi Hamann!
bean69
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just reading Vassell has gone 2 Man City finally. O'Leary better be signing someone or the villa are in real trouble next season damn it!
thegame26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bean69)
Just reading Vassell has gone 2 Man City finally. O'Leary better be signing someone or the villa are in real trouble next season damn it!
Correct !
Only 2 proven straikers and neither inspire me with confidence atm
Ihe must have something in the pipeline, gotta be a signing on the way......
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
:eek: Serie A down to 17 clubs...

Genoa (The 4th most successfull club in Serie A history) have been kicked out for match fixing and rigging their final game of the season, they've been demoted down to Serie C.
And Messina and Torino were thrown out a couple of weeks back cus they didn't have enuff money!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Why buy more youngsters? What's wrong with signing players up from your academy rather than bending UEFA rules? Oh... you support Chelsea. Now I understand :rolleyes:
Even many academy players you actually buy. Spurs bought Defoe from West Ham whilst he was a youth player. This is what I'm referring to.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/4721865.stm

ROFL !
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea have released a statement saying they do not intend to bid for Andriy Shevchenko. Yer, right!!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/4721865.stm

ROFL !
A TV licence costs £126. He got caught and got fined £150. That sounds like a risk worth taking to me.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Chelsea have released a statement saying they do not intend to bid for Andriy Shevchenko. Yer, right!!
It would be great if he joined Chelsea. But we've brought back Crespo who is settling in well, we have a whinging Drogba, an unkown Carlton Cole and Eidur Gudjohnsen. I suppose to make room for Shevchenko we can keep Eidur in his midfield position and then rotate etc the others.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
It would be great if he joined Chelsea. But we've brought back Crespo who is settling in well, we have a whinging Drogba, an unkown Carlton Cole and Eidur Gudjohnsen. I suppose to make room for Shevchenko we can keep Eidur in his midfield position and then rotate etc the others.
It would be nice.
Rumour is Eissien could come to Chelsea for £25 mil.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If we get Shevchenko, we might do the treble. :cool:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If we get Shevchenko, we might do the treble. :cool:
i think your head's still in the clouds :cool: the day chelsea get a treble will be a sad day indeed
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
i think your head's still in the clouds :cool: the day chelsea get a treble will be a sad day indeed
Actually we can get more than that in one season. What's the biggest named player to move to your club this season? Park? And we're being linked with the best striker in the world. :p:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually we can get more than that in one season. What's the biggest named player to move to your club this season? Park? And we're being linked with the best striker in the world. :p:
tut tut, have you forgot about van der sar (but i'm hoping we buy another CM)

i think him being the best striker in the world is a matter of opinion! what did you win last season- the premiership and the carling cup, whats so 'wow' about that! :rolleyes:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Nah only the sexy players... Ronaldinho, Zidane etc...
:eek: :eek: :eek: them and sexy dont go!

it didnt go very well :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
i think him being the best striker in the world is a matter of opinion! what did you win last season- the premiership and the carling cup, whats so 'wow' about that! :rolleyes:
Tut tut. Let me put this in perspective here with a joke I've posted here before in case you haven't seen it.

Discussion at latest Manchester United supporters club meeting with Fergie in attendance!
Fergie: Let's face it we are just as good as Chelsea. I mean, what have they achieved this season that makes them better than us?
Quiet voice from the back: The title, they did win the title.
Fergie: Oh yes, the title, but other than that?
Another voice: A record points total for 38 games, they did do that.
Fergie: And?
Voice: With a record number of clean sheets.
Fergie: But it's such a thin dividing line between success and failure.
A timid voice from the side: They did go over a 1000 minutes without letting a goal in
Another agreeing: And break the all time record for least goals conceded!
Fergie: But apart from that?
Voice: They are 20 points above us
Fergie: Ah, but that's just because they get penalties awarded to them that we don't.
First voice: And the Carling Cup, they did win that as well.
Fergie: Aye, but they didn't beat anyone of note.
Timid voice: They did knock us out.
Another agreeing: At home.
Fergie: Yes, yes, all well and good. But we're as good as them in Europe, where it really counts.
Voice: But they did get further than us.
Another voice: For the second year running.
Fergie: Exactly, so there's my exact point. Apart from the Carling Cup, Europe, winning the Premier League, breaking loads of records and finishing a mile in front of us, JUST WHAT HAVE CHELSEA EVER DONE THAT MAKES THEM BETTER THAN US ??

Voice from the back: Won the fair play league?
Ferguson: Oh f**k off
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol - dont you just admire fergie :toofunny:
well i couldn't agree more with what he's saying
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
".....In fact, Chelsea is Adu's favorite team, and the 16-year-old prodigy has made no secret of his desire to play for Chelsea one day. Adu was a guest in the team's luxury box when Chelsea played an exhibition game in Philadelphia during a tour last year.

"He's on our radar," Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said........"

NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
".....In fact, Chelsea is Adu's favorite team, and the 16-year-old prodigy has made no secret of his desire to play for Chelsea one day. Adu was a guest in the team's luxury box when Chelsea played an exhibition game in Philadelphia during a tour last year.

"He's on our radar," Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck said........"

Freddy Adu. Whoever next. :rolleyes:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Freddy Adu. Whoever next. :rolleyes:
maybe schefchenko :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.14%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.12%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.12%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (30)
9.9%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.57%

Watched Threads