The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
b1ank
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Apparently Everton are after Eirik Bakke from Leeds.
Used to think he was a cracking player in the Premiership with them, then he got a few injuries and we haven't really heard from him since.. Oh, and he's an Evertonian, brilliant!
thats the kind of players that a club like everton can attract
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.football365.com/teams/che...y_158099.shtml

Is Mourinho actually saying that he has the hardest job because his players are so good?

"Where is the goalkeeper better than Petr Cech or Carlo Cudicini? How can I improve that position? I can't. Where can I get a better central defender than what I have? I can't. Where can I find a midfielder to improve our group?"

Yes. I thnk he is :confused:
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)

Is Mourinho actually saying that he has the hardest job because his players are so good?

"Where is the goalkeeper better than Petr Cech or Carlo Cudicini? How can I improve that position? I can't. Where can I get a better central defender than what I have? I can't. Where can I find a midfielder to improve our group?"
Anyone else want Mourinho to shut up, stop whinging, and get on with his job? Does anyone even respect Mourinho anymore? Does anyone even respect Chelsea anymore, for that matter?
bean69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

i know it must be so difficult choosing between about 20 top class players. I bet he wishes he was Paul Jewell what an easy job he has at Wigan....
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by b1ank)
thats the kind of players that a club like everton can attract
we'd probably make them better as opposed to souness making them worse
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So everyone seen the report today? Anyone who hasn't, care to take a guess at the top 4 best supported leagues in Europe, on attendances? Go on, I dares ya. (No cheating).
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fine then, I'll just tell yous. It's the Premiership, La Liga, Bundesliga and The Championship.

Man Utd lose and Rio and Ruud have a fight. "It all turned ugly for United at the end; van Nistelrooy needlessly kneeing his marker in an off-the-ball incident and then becoming embroiled in a furious bust-up with Rio Ferdinand after the final whistle.

The two stars were arguing with each other, seemingly after Ferdinand accused the striker of failing to show for the ball in the closing stages."
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
So everyone seen the report today? Anyone who hasn't, care to take a guess at the top 4 best supported leagues in Europe, on attendances? Go on, I dares ya. (No cheating).
Very surprising
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Aye, 'tis nice to see the scum on pre-season form. :rolleyes:

Kashima Antlers 2 - 1 Manchester United

:hahaha:
bean69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe Ferdiand and Van Nistelrooy having a nice argument aswell, its all good in the Man Utd camp then......
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bean69)
hehe Ferdiand and Van Nistelrooy having a nice argument aswell, its all good in the Man Utd camp then......
i think van nistlerooy is a dirty player. in all the matches during pre season he always kicks out at someone, even when they've ran past him. it just takes the biscuit, and i thought that he was innocent on the challenge against ashely cole :rolleyes:
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
i think van nistlerooy is a dirty player. in all the matches during pre season he always kicks out at someone, even when they've ran past him. it just takes the biscuit, and i thought that he was innocent on the challenge against ashely cole :rolleyes:
The kick he did on Ashley is what convinced me of what a dirty player he really is
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
Ah well, you have had your time at the top - it's time for yous lot to take a bow. Your players are either dirty, whingers or mercenaries; Fergie is refusing to let go of his illustrious past without recognising the future; you have just been subjected to a commercial takeover from a man who's drive is "money, not love" (to quote a certain Istanbul banner). Not only is there division within your players and management, but also from within your fanbase. You have had some great teams in the past decade, and suitable success, but can you honestly see much of a future for your club among Europe's elite?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Ah well, you have had your time at the top - it's time for yous lot to take a bow. Your players are either dirty, whingers or mercenaries; Fergie is refusing to let go of his illustrious past without recognising the future; you have just been subjected to a commercial takeover from a man who's drive is "money, not love" (to quote a certain Istanbul banner). Not only is there division within your players and management, but also from within your fanbase. You have had some great teams in the past decade, and suitable success, but can you honestly see much of a future for your club among Europe's elite?
i think we have got a decent squad, but like you said theres a lot of division. i think it's time for fergie to leave. he should have left on a high, but he decided to stay. if he does leave i honestly can't see a replacement. united can have sucees in europe, but not under fergie. he hasn't adapted well to play in europe, he plays the premiership team in europe which is unsuccesful.

one thing that i dont like about united is that if the oppsition have the balll, they don't close them down and apply pressure- that's why we get kicked out of europe when players like seedorf score
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by bean69)
Ferdinand still hasn't signed his contract. Ruud van Nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney lacking a lot of discipline. Troubles with Roy Keane who didn't seem to have an injury in his friendly in Walsall and is not getting any younger.

Arsenal are still looking for a replacement for Vieira. Pires has signed an extension but himself is getting on. Whilst their kids look promising they may still need a few additions older than them to work things out. Then they still have to find a replacement for the banned Lehmann and injured Almunia to play in the Community Shield and some other games.

Whilst Chelsea have signed SWP, Asier del Horno, brought Crespo back, look set to buy Michael Essien and a possibility of landing Andriy Shevchenko. Whilst Mourinho complains he has a very hard job in signing players, which is a load of rubbish, he is once again directing attention to himself away from his players so they can have as great a start as possible in the new season. Might as well declare Chelsea champions.
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can i just say 4-1 to Oxford against Brighton last night

Fantastic, we might actually live up to expectations and be challenging for promotion at the end of the season for once

Brian Talbot I love you.

(Give me 3 months of failure and I'll be baying for his blood)
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

My heart really bleeds for José.

Such a hard job managing the best and richest team in the Premiership. I mean, next year I'd be surprised if we won more than 3 competitions such is the magnitude of his task...

NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
"Where is the goalkeeper better than Petr Cech or Carlo Cudicini? How can I improve that position? I can't."

I told you, there is not better keeper than Cech.
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
schmeichel v cech i vote schmeichel!!
b1ank
Report 14 years ago
we'd probably make them better as opposed to souness making them worse
can't argue with that, souness is s.....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (208)
49.17%
No (48)
11.35%
I'm not old enough (167)
39.48%

Watched Threads