The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Slice'N'Dice
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
I went Thorpe Park on Tuesday. We went to Burger King for lunch and sat outside only to see this scratched onto the table...
LOL!
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know. Are there two Burger Kings there? When you come out of the King, there's a bench/table thing on your left and about three or four in a row on your right. It's the first one on your right. Are you going there? What i wanna know is who's Andy? :eek:
not sure about the number of BK's there - basically some metal tables outside but i was there a few weeks ago
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
not sure about the number of BK's there - basically some metal tables outside but i was there a few weeks ago
These were plastic made out to look like wood
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
These were plastic made out to look like wood
not sure then - its probably the same BK

any of the rides shut down? it sucks when that happens
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Spurs set to capture van der meyde as well as davids..
Sky Sports

What did I tell you? Big players just don't join Everton, unfortunately..
Sack the board.
we ain't made a bid if we ain't put it on the website
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not sure then - its probably the same BK

any of the rides shut down? it sucks when that happens
There was one but it looked rubbish anyway. And there was another one with two things swinging in different directions. One of those big swingy things stopped sometime during the day. We went on Collosus and Nemesis Inferno a few times, trying to get just the right pose for the cameras :rolleyes:
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There was one but it looked rubbish anyway. And there was another one with two things swinging in different directions. One of those big swingy things stopped sometime during the day. We went on Collosus and Nemesis Inferno a few times, trying to get just the right pose for the cameras :rolleyes:
not as bad when i went - teacups broke down lol, detonator got stuck while i was in queue, half seats available on that swing thing (rush)

also i bet collosus' queue was long - like 60 mins?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
No, but clubs tend to sound out players before they make bids. They'll contact another club asking if the player would be intererested in a move, if they say yes, they make a bid. If they say no, they either move on or make a bid anyway, in the hope that once thay have permission to talk to them, they can convince the player to join them.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
chelsea play DC United in 40 mins

doesnt DC United have that great youth player Freddy Adu?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
chelsea release Flippe Oliveira with mutual consent
http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp...a%20moves%20on
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not as bad when i went - teacups broke down lol, detonator got stuck while i was in queue, half seats available on that swing thing (rush)

also i bet collosus' queue was long - like 60 mins?
Yes. But it was wierd. Towards the end of the day (from about half three i think) it got really quiet, we managed to get onto Colossus and Nemesis about four times each, the queues were about ten minutes long. We went on the big splash thing |(can't remember the name) followed by loggers leap which just seemed rubbish in comparison. I wanted to go on that Detonator but i was the only one. I've been on a taller one of those in America and that rocked!
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
chelsea play DC United in 40 mins

doesnt DC United have that great youth player Freddy Adu?
Haha! A coincidence, surely? :rolleyes:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Aye, but what's with the months of speculation about VDM?
All the quotes from Inter representatives saying we are going to make a move for him etc?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes. But it was wierd. Towards the end of the day (from about half three i think) it got really quiet, we managed to get onto Colossus and Nemesis about four times each, the queues were about ten minutes long. We went on the big splash thing |(can't remember the name) followed by loggers leap which just seemed rubbish in comparison. I wanted to go on that Detonator but i was the only one. I've been on a taller one of those in America and that rocked!
that was wierd - i went during a school day for a physics trip and it was quite busy
i made the mistake of holding my breath when on detonator (by accident) - its fun when the timing's wrong
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Aye, but what's with the months of speculation about VDM?
All the quotes from Inter representatives saying we are going to make a move for him etc?
Yeah, but who's Andy?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, but who's Andy?
:confused:
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont you knwo who ndy is?
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Champions' League QR3

Liverpool or FC Kaunas vs. KF Tirana or CSK Sofia
Everton vs. Villareal
Manchester Utd vs. Debrecen or Hajduk Split
Glasgow Rangers vs. Trabzonspor or Anorthosis
Celtic or Artmedia Bratislava vs. Partizan Belgrade or FC Sheriff

The 16 matches will be played over two legs on 9/10 August and 23/24 August. Winners go into the group stages - where Arsenal, Chelsea, and the other automatic qualifiers enter.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Any thoughts?

We're likely to get CSKA Sofia, given that we are 3-1 and 2-0 up respectively in the first leg. Bulgarian Champions, which doesn't sound too intimidating in itself; they only lost once in their league all last season, scoring over 80 goals and conceding only 16. As long as we approach the game as Benitez has done for the past two ties, there shouldn't be any problems. Everton, however, seem to have drawn the hardest tie down from Internazionale or perhaps us.

Oh well, at least you get a short trip to sunny Spain, whilst we get more money! :cool:
bean69
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
looks like a tough one for everton, they will do well to get through that. i dont think Man U or Liverpool will have any probs. Hehe won't even comment on Celtic cos they arent going anywhere near the next round by the looks of things.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (293)
46.21%
No (74)
11.67%
I'm not old enough (267)
42.11%

Watched Threads