This discussion is closed.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ed/4726855.stm
Doesn't he realise that he shouldn't have attacked Kieran Dyer? Doesn't he know that he brought shame on himself and on the club he supposedly gives his all for? Is he so short sighted as to not realise that he's incredibly lucky to still be playing for Newcastle and the only reason they didn't sell him was because the other clubs know he's more trouble than he's worth?
i know that bowyer shouldn't have reacted the way it did, but when i was watching the match i found it frustating that dyer NEVER passed it to bowyer and he had made fantastic runs. dyer always lost possession and wasn't being a team player- i don't thing he's a quality player.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
i know that bowyer shouldn't have reacted the way it did, but when i was watching the match i found it frustating that dyer NEVER passed it to bowyer and he had made fantastic runs. dyer always lost possession and wasn't being a team player- i don't thing he's a quality player.
Bowyer was an idiot when he played for Leeds and will always remain so. His temper has always got the better of him and the fact that the charge against him for beating up that lad didnt stick was a sham.

The sooner Newcastle get rid the better. The teams reputation is better than him.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Bowyer was an idiot when he played for Leeds and will always remain so. His temper has always got the better of him and the fact that the charge against him for beating up that lad didnt stick was a sham.

The sooner Newcastle get rid the better. The teams reputation is better than him.
i agree- he's not a very good player, but it seems that no one wants to buy him i think united should buy him!!! we've already got a couple of hot headed players :p:
but i still don't like dyer!
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Then you tell him you don't go up to him and try to beat the crap out of him in front of 40,000 people and a global tv audience. He's a grown man and supposedly a professional at the top of his profession. If the club have a responsibility to not hurt his feelings then he has a responsibility to control his temper. I just think it's inexcusable
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
It's a shame, as given a personality change, he could be an amazing player who any club would be envious of. Instead, he's hot-headed and needs to get his head down and play off his tarnished past.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Then you tell him you don't go up to him and try to beat the crap out of him in front of 40,000 people and a global tv audience. He's a grown man and supposedly a professional at the top of his profession. If the club have a responsibility to not hurt his feelings then he has a responsibility to control his temper. I just think it's inexcusable
I know what he did was inexusable, and i'm not saying that it was right. I just think Newcastle have got to do a lot of work with there squad and Souness is definetly the wrong guy to do it. Bobby may have been a bit like Houllier but Souness is in another league altogether.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know what he did was inexusable, and i'm not saying that it was right. I just think Newcastle have got to do a lot of work with there squad and Souness is definetly the wrong guy to do it. Bobby may have been a bit like Houllier but Souness is in another league altogether.
Yeah, i couldn't believe they swapped Sir Bobby for Souness. They swapped a manager that was supposedly running Newcastle into the ground for one who was running Blackburn into the ground
Baptista signs for Real. Five year contract. Sevilla get £13.8m rising to £16.9m. Real already have Ronaldo, Raul, Owen, Robinho (probably, once the issue with the Brazilian FA is resolved) and now Baptista. Why? Maybe he'll be played in midfield for them.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just to let you know I have come back from football, first playing double knockouts and then a whole match (initially 6 a side on the 11 a side pitch) and am the leading goalscorer for today. Scored a 25 yard lob running fast with the ball. I think that was the shot, and the 'ankle control flick' which made my team-mates take my on their side as I played against a side that I usually play with and my side won by about 11-2 or something like that. Woohoo. :cool:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Just to let you know I have come back from football, first playing double knockouts and then a whole match (initially 6 a side on the 11 a side pitch) and am the leading goalscorer for today. Scored a 25 yard lob running fast with the ball. I think that was the shot, and the 'ankle control flick' which made my team-mates take my on their side as I played against a side that I usually play with and my side won by about 11-2 or something like that. Woohoo. :cool:
Well at least some of us know how to win around here :p:

I'm suprised that Baptisa went to Real, but I'm glad that Arsenal didn't get him!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well at least some of us know how to win around here :p:
Slight change of hair style and I could be Crespo. :eek:

I'm suprised that Baptisa went to Real, but I'm glad that Arsenal didn't get him!
I thought he'd go to Real over Arsenal. I'm also glad he didn't go to Arsenal.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Slight change of hair style and I could be Crespo. :eek:
what and stop scoring :eek:

I thought he'd go to Real over Arsenal. I'm also glad he didn't go to Arsenal.
I think Real have got about 5 strikers now and I'm sure one is going to leave due to lack of first team football.
I'm not sure but someone said that Robben was going to come to United but then signed for Chelsea, is this true?
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what and stop scoring :eek:

I think Real have got about 5 strikers now and I'm sure one is going to leave due to lack of first team football.
I'm not sure but someone said that Robben was going to come to United but then signed for Chelsea, is this true?
Yep. He said United's domination was over and Chelsea are the best team or something
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yep. He said United's domination was over and Chelsea are the best team or something
I think he probably got scared of Fergie! I think United needed a player like him, becasue we haven't got a decent winger on the left. I think robben is a class player
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know who persuaded him to join Chelsea instead of Man Utd don't you?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You know who persuaded him to join Chelsea instead of Man Utd don't you?
I'm guessing Jose did?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm guessing Jose did?
Nope. Guess again.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope. Guess again.
Was it me?
No? How about Ruud Gullit?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nope. Guess again.
Peter kenyon
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Was it me?
No? How about Ruud Gullit?
Him, or £100,000 a week (+/-)!!! :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Peter kenyon
Correct. Since Robben was on his way to Chelsea before Mourinho came along anyway.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)