The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
AFI I think you need to tell us all the gorey details!
*shudders*

I'd rather not know what he gets up to with "Andy"... :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Robinho + Baptista -> Real Madrid = Owen out, surely?
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Robinho + Baptista -> Real Madrid = Owen out, surely?
==> Joining Arsenal or Utd (but I don't think he has a death wish.. he'd never be able to journey through kopland again)

But IMO I have never thought Owen was all that, and I do think he would play as well for us as he did at Real when he was fighting for first team footie
durhamlad1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
==> Joining Arsenal or Utd (but I don't think he has a death wish.. he'd never be able to journey through kopland again)

But IMO I have never thought Owen was all that, and I do think he would play as well for us as he did at Real when he was fighting for first team footie
Owen would be first team starter in any english club right now, he's been an england player for years, still young, hungry and has just proven he can be successful in the worlds most successful team with limited opportunities i think you;re forgetting he was only 18 when he came onto the scene in 1998 WC.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)

Arsenal is probably the only english club he'd join and as a Liverpool fan I wouldn't mind if he went there except for the fact that he'd score 25+ every season in that side. Mancs dont want him and even if they did, doubt he'd go there. Chelsea don't want/need him. Rafa doesn't want him. Newcastle would want him but he'd be brain-dead to move there.
an Siarach
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think someone should define 'defence' for Gordon Strachan...9 goals conceded in his first two games at Celtic - against the might of Bratislava and Motherwell respectively.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
arghhh just spent £9.99 on Everton's friendly against fenerbahce stupid telephone booking!!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by an Siarach)
I think someone should define 'defence' for Gordon Strachan...9 goals conceded in his first two games at Celtic - against the might of Bratislava and Motherwell respectively.
He should have seen Chelsea's Premiership games in the 2004/5 season.
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't understand what's wrong with Real Madrid. They but constantly new players because they are rich. I mean, they have now 5 good strikers.

Robinho, Ronaldo, Owen, Baptista, (Figo?)
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
I don't understand what's wrong with Real Madrid. They but constantly new players because they are rich. I mean, they have now 5 good strikers.

Not Figo, but you missed Raul.
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which club is Figo playing now?
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Madrid but I'd say he's a winger not a striker - they got Portillo too but I dunno if he's anyway good.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by durhamlad1)
Owen would be first team starter in any english club right now, he's been an england player for years, still young, hungry and has just proven he can be successful in the worlds most successful team with limited opportunities i think you;re forgetting he was only 18 when he came onto the scene in 1998 WC.
Of course I not forgetting about he's super-boy days of '98. My problem with Owen is that he's not a work-horse, he doesn't always give 100%, unless he has to. Example - his last 2 seasons before moving to Real, he notched up many average performances, and never really gave the effort or input into the side as he had done in previous seasons. On the other hand, when he played for England, always 100% and the same for Real when fighting for a permanent place on the 1st XI. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Owen only works hard when its important to him, and will progress him further. I could therefore see him transferring to a big English club (minus Chelsea as he will constantly have to be on top form to maintain a first XI position) and playing hard for the first season, and then not putting the effort in, in seasons after that... and I personallyu not thrilled about a player like that joining our side, as we already have Reyes!!

*This post will hail a torrent of abuse*
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
Madrid but I'd say he's a winger not a striker - they got Portillo too but I dunno if he's anyway good.
I thought he moved to Liverpool.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Of course I not forgetting about he's super-boy days of '98. My problem with Owen is that he's not a work-horse, he doesn't always give 100%, unless he has to. Example - his last 2 seasons before moving to Real, he notched up many average performances, and never really gave the effort or input into the side as he had done in previous seasons. On the other hand, when he played for England, always 100% and the same for Real when fighting for a permanent place on the 1st XI. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Owen only works hard when its important to him, and will progress him further. I could therefore see him transferring to a big English club (minus Chelsea as he will constantly have to be on top form to maintain a first XI position) and playing hard for the first season, and then not putting the effort in, in seasons after that... and I personallyu not thrilled about a player like that joining our side, as we already have Reyes!!

*This post will hail a torrent of abuse*
I actually agree with almost all that, I can't see him getting in any of the top 3 starting XIs anyway though.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Selfish pigs!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
omg our defending is abysmal, we've got richard wright in goal. Losing 2-0 to fenerbahce at half time due to 2 defensive mistakes from Richard Wright and Tony Hibbert.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
omg our defending is abysmal, we've got richard wright in goal. Losing 2-0 to fenerbahce at half time due to 2 defensive mistakes from Richard Wright and Tony Hibbert.
I thought u sed u wer going to the game?
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Which team?
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which team?
Everton
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (91)
33.46%
No I don't (127)
46.69%
I work during the holidays (54)
19.85%

Watched Threads