The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Of course I not forgetting about he's super-boy days of '98. My problem with Owen is that he's not a work-horse, he doesn't always give 100%, unless he has to. Example - his last 2 seasons before moving to Real, he notched up many average performances, and never really gave the effort or input into the side as he had done in previous seasons. On the other hand, when he played for England, always 100% and the same for Real when fighting for a permanent place on the 1st XI. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Owen only works hard when its important to him, and will progress him further. I could therefore see him transferring to a big English club (minus Chelsea as he will constantly have to be on top form to maintain a first XI position) and playing hard for the first season, and then not putting the effort in, in seasons after that... and I personallyu not thrilled about a player like that joining our side, as we already have Reyes!!

*This post will hail a torrent of abuse*
Serious question, how many times did you watch Owen for Liverpool for 90mins from 1998-2004?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Of course I not forgetting about he's super-boy days of '98. My problem with Owen is that he's not a work-horse, he doesn't always give 100%, unless he has to. Example - his last 2 seasons before moving to Real, he notched up many average performances, and never really gave the effort or input into the side as he had done in previous seasons. On the other hand, when he played for England, always 100% and the same for Real when fighting for a permanent place on the 1st XI. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Owen only works hard when its important to him, and will progress him further. I could therefore see him transferring to a big English club (minus Chelsea as he will constantly have to be on top form to maintain a first XI position) and playing hard for the first season, and then not putting the effort in, in seasons after that... and I personallyu not thrilled about a player like that joining our side, as we already have Reyes!!

*This post will hail a torrent of abuse*
If they do I will bash 'em for you!!

Have to agreethough. Owen isn't all that anymore and you are right only puts in effort when it is needed. A bit like Dippy Drogba.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
graeme le saux was on weakest link - lost at the final
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Serious question, how many times did you watch Owen for Liverpool for 90mins from 1998-2004?
International games, Ford Super Sunday, MOTD and Premiership, I've watched him quite a bit, otherwise I'd have no room to comment
\Po*lem"ic*al\
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
graeme le saux was on weakest link - lost at the final

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Theres a free fantasy league this season on that website. You have 100million and pick 15 players. A bit like the ones you get in the papers but its free and online, and you can join private leagues against other peoples teams.

Theres a private league call 'La Super Liga' (code-178339-29363) that I've joined which anyone on TSR isi welcome to join, it fills up at 20 teams so if you want to pick your 15 players, go to the link and create your teams name, teams kit and pick your players. Then enter the code in to join.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by \Po*lem"ic*al\)
http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Theres a free fantasy league this season on that website. You have 100million and pick 15 players. A bit like the ones you get in the papers but its free and online, and you can join private leagues against other peoples teams.

Theres a private league call 'La Super Liga' (code-178339-29363) that I've joined which anyone on TSR isi welcome to join, it fills up at 20 teams so if you want to pick your 15 players, go to the link and create your teams name, teams kit and pick your players. Then enter the code in to join.
We already have one going for TSR thanks. See seperate thread named as such.
Reloaded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
arghhh just spent £9.99 on Everton's friendly against fenerbahce stupid telephone booking!!!
even match tickets only cost £4 or £6 each!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what a joke lost 5-0, our defensive communication was crap, Richard Wright makes 2 mistakes to let in 2 goals. Alex scored a superb free kick and our defence for the set piece was crap. Attacking we were crap too, couldn't keep the ball, lost out easily when pressed while passing was pedestrian. From this i can see we definately need a new left back, left winger cos mcfadden is crap, holding midfielder cos we lost the ball easily unlike Fenerbahce who had players like Appiah holding possession well and a striker because Beattie can't play up front on his own.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what a joke lost 5-0, our defensive communication was crap, Richard Wright makes 2 mistakes to let in 2 goals. Alex scored a superb free kick and our defence for the set piece was crap. Attacking we were crap too, couldn't keep the ball, lost out easily when pressed while passing was pedestrian. From this i can see we definately need a new left back, left winger cos mcfadden is crap, holding midfielder cos we lost the ball easily unlike Fenerbahce who had players like Appiah holding possession well and a striker because Beattie can't play up front on his own.

Woooooo! :cool:
Good job it's only a friendly. However, our weaknesses have been made very clear once again. Wright = Pathetic, Pistone = Pathetic, McFadden = Pathetic, Beattie (when playing on his own) = Pathetic
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)

Good job it's only a friendly. However, our weaknesses have been made very clear once again. Wright = Pathetic, Pistone = Pathetic, McFadden = Pathetic, Beattie (when playing on his own) = Pathetic
Spill the beans then Dan. Who is Andy????
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Spill the beans then Dan. Who is Andy????
Andy is the ghost that lives in my neck.
But he only comes out at Halloween.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

In his last 10 games Richard Wright has conceded 26 goals!!!!!!!!!!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Andy is the ghost that lives in my neck.
But he only comes out at Halloween.
Poop! You aint gonna say are you??

I will deduct 10 points from your FPL table for not tapping up!! LOL
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In his last 10 games Richard Wright has conceded 26 goals!!!!!!!!!!
Disgusting!

Poop! You aint gonna say are you??
I will deduct 10 points from your FPL table for not tapping up!! LOL
What's the big mystery surrounding Andy?
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Have to agreethough. Owen isn't all that anymore and you are right only puts in effort when it is needed. A bit like Dippy Drogba.
At the end of the day, he's a proven goalscorer and an england regular. Whatever has been previously said about Owen is utter *******s. Before leaving Liverpool, whilst becoming disillusioned with the Houllier setup, he was regularly scoring 20+ goals a season as well as performing both in europe and internationally. The past season at Real, he's been sitting on the bench waiting his turn. I think you don't realise how the Bernabeu have their favourites in Ronaldo and Raul. Real Madrid is a showcase, not a football club - hence their acquisition of the 'Galacticos', yet inability to monopolise the honours. In spite of his prolonged absence from the starting line up, Owen was always keen to dismiss rumours and speculation concerning him, kept his match fitness up, and made impressive impacts when starting as a substitute.

Owen's game isn't about sitting in the hole and creating. Owen's job is, and always has been, standing on the shoulder of the last defender, waiting for the killer cross/pass. His scoring instinct is unrivalled by anyone in the premiership today - even if his a few yards slower than in '98. I can put my hand up and say that any decent (aka self-sufficient) club should want him on their side. Fortunately or unfortunately, his services may no longer be required at Liverpool, and I hope for both our and his sakes that he does not return to the Premiership in the colours of a rival team.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Disgusting!

What's the big mystery surrounding Andy?
Cos I am being nosy and I want to know who he or she is??? LOL :p:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cos I am being nosy and I want to know who he or she is??? LOL :p:
*looks around nervously*
There is definitely something I am missing here! :confused: :eek:
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ooohhhh woking won 1-0 against Brentford

also chelsea youth XI lost to colchester 2-1
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
5-0 is fairly pathetic. How ironic that you get slaughtered in the same stadium we won the European Cup. Ah well, nothing like a friendly to boost confidence ahead of an important Champions' League tie. If you play like you have been doing recently against Villarreal, although you'll undoubtedly change your atrocious lineup, top-flight european football will remain a distant dream.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*looks around nervously*
There is definitely something I am missing here! :confused: :eek:
Apparently, there was Andy +AFI etched onto a table in the great outdoors. Look back, Ben aka Raindance posted a linky! LOL
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (292)
46.35%
No (74)
11.75%
I'm not old enough (264)
41.9%

Watched Threads