The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
I went Thorpe Park on Tuesday. We went to Burger King for lunch and sat outside only to see this scratched onto the table...
:rofl:
LMAO!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Apparently, there was Andy +AFI etched onto a table in the great outdoors. Look back, Ben aka Raindance posted a linky! LOL
How did I manage to miss this in the UFT?! :cool: Classic!
Oh.. you all found out my big secret.. :rolleyes:
Rep for Jamlan for making me chuckle I think :rofl:
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
How did I manage to miss this in the UFT?! :cool: Classic!
Oh.. you all found out my big secret.. :rolleyes:
Rep for Jamlan for making me chuckle I think :rofl:
So come on then spill the beans!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
5-0 is fairly pathetic. How ironic that you get slaughtered in the same stadium we won the European Cup. Ah well, nothing like a friendly to boost confidence ahead of an important Champions' League tie. If you play like you have been doing recently against Villarreal, although you'll undoubtedly change your atrocious lineup, top-flight european football will remain a distant dream.
This post is for you mate,

http://www.antu.com/naklenx/2005-200...r1everton0.mpg

http://www.antu.com/naklenx/2005-200...r2everton0.mpg

http://www.antu.com/naklenx/2005-200...r3everton0.mpg

http://www.antu.com/naklenx/2005-200...r4everton0.mpg

http://www.antu.com/naklenx/2005-200...r5everton0.mpg
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
International games, Ford Super Sunday, MOTD and Premiership, I've watched him quite a bit, otherwise I'd have no room to comment
I don't think highlights on the premiership or MOTD do anyone any favours when judging a player to be honest, but that's neither here nor there from me. To be honest, from someone who's watched him since he's 18, I think you're confusing his lack of aggression to a lack of effort. He's not a Baros, he won't hassle players for the ball but he'll work his *******s off on a football pitch. For about 5 years he was the focal point, or the get-out clause for long ball football under Houllier (although it wasn't as bad as some made out). Things weren't handed to him on a plate, he had to graft and work for the ball, often feeding off scraps. I think this ultimately led to a lower level of performance in his final season with us. But with that in mind, it can't be forgotten he sustained a freak injury at home to Arsenal (I'll never forget the reactions of Henry and Pires to Owen, showing how highly he is regarded within professional circles) when he was chasing down a clearance by Ashley Cole at the Main Stand/Kop corner flag when we were 1-0 up and landed on his ankle badly. In our desperation we rushed him back too quickly from injury as was the case throughout his career and he never got back on track that year. But he still ended up our top scorer ahead of Heskey and Baros - both players with reputations of working hard.

I know what you mean in your post. He's not the explosive player he was at 18/19 but that shouldn't be confused with effort. His running is less wild and more controlled and he relies on those around him more than the very best in the world (Shevchenko, Henry etc.) and he'll never 'bully' defenders or act as a physical presence. His damage has always been done by intellegent running, his reading of the game and ruthless finishing. That was when he made his debut at 18 and that's how it was last season for Real Madrid. I don't think anyone can score over 160 goals by the age of 25 by being a player who "only works hard when its important to him".
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Some brilliant goals there, but what do we expect, that is proper Champions League quality there in Fenerbache.
We can just learn from this friendly and play better next time. :cool:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Some brilliant goals there, but what do we expect, that is proper Champions League quality there in Fenerbache.
We can just learn from this friendly and play better next time. :cool:
we should have got Appiah when we had the chance, he was immense in their midfield, as was Tuncay on the wing.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
This post is for you mate
That is a fair bit of sexi play, but that's what you get in Europe. These sides click, they get on the ball, they have fun. They play sexi football. From watching a couple of those. You really need to get your defense sorted out. I thought we had it bad. I don't doubt Everton, in that they can achieve something in europe. As far as Villarreal are concerned, they're going to slow the tempo right down, knock it around, and find something special to do - much like Fenerbahce have done. It's not about showing fear or respect, it's your game you need to play, but it's also limiting damage. Deny them the ball, they'll become frustrated. Show them too much, you'll get owned. For a start, please God don't play Beattie on his own. It may be the wine talking, as you may well tell, but you can beat them, and indeed, I want you in the Group Stage. Just go out, give Villarreal a game, and show the world that there's more than one club in Merseyside with something about them. Rep for you, btw.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Half the team will be sent off with a European ref if Everton play their natural game :p:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That is a fair bit of sexi play, but that's what you get in Europe. These sides click, they get on the ball, they have fun. They play sexi football. From watching a couple of those. You really need to get your defense sorted out. I thought we had it bad. I don't doubt Everton, in that they can achieve something in europe. As far as Villarreal are concerned, they're going to slow the tempo right down, knock it around, and find something special to do - much like Fenerbahce have done. It's not about showing fear or respect, it's your game you need to play, but it's also limiting damage. Deny them the ball, they'll become frustrated. Show them too much, you'll get owned. For a start, please God don't play Beattie on his own. It may be the wine talking, as you may well tell, but you can beat them, and indeed, I want you in the Group Stage. Just go out, give Villarreal a game, and show the world that there's more than one club in Merseyside with something about them. Rep for you, btw.
I wish moyes could see beattie can't play on his own!!!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
also chelsea youth XI lost to colchester 2-1
Damn it.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mourinho)
I can't possibly win as much as he has done because I won't stay in England that long
Considering the latest of his quotes, what do people feel Mourinho's intentions are towards Chelsea and the longevity of his Stamford Bridge career?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Considering the latest of his quotes, what do people feel Mourinho's intentions are towards Chelsea and the longevity of his Stamford Bridge career?
He'll proabably finish his contract and leave, unless he does a fergie! If he does then chelsea will be in trouble!!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He stated months ago that he will not be a Chelsea manager as long as Sir Alex Ferguson as he wishes to retire a bit early so he can spend time with his family. If he does manage another side other than Chelsea, it will only be the Portuguese national side. Mourinho has also stated that he hopes to still be the Chelsea manager in 2012. He may well be a victim of his own success and could stay longer than 2012, though I can't see him imitating SAF in terms of duration spent as manager.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
See vBookie for first batch of matches to bet on Sat 13th and Sun14th August peeps! Have fun.
I can't find odds for Community Shield yet.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Should be in Chelsea's favour. This should count for the predictions too.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
He stated months ago that he will not be a Chelsea manager as long as Sir Alex Ferguson as he wishes to retire a bit early so he can spend time with his family. If he does manage another side other than Chelsea, it will only be the Portuguese national side. Mourinho has also stated that he hopes to still be the Chelsea manager in 2012. He may well be a victim of his own success and could stay longer than 2012, though I can't see him imitating SAF in terms of duration spent as manager.
I doubt that! He will be succesful but not for very long. I think he'll porbably do a fergie anyway, but I can't see Chelsea being succesful till 2012 (maybe that's what i'm hoping for )
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I doubt that! He will be succesful but not for very long. I think he'll porbably do a fergie anyway, but I can't see Chelsea being succesful till 2012 (maybe that's what i'm hoping for )
Mourinho has always been successful with many clubs - Porto, Benfica etc.

And I think you're rather hoping Chelsea won't be successful but there are a lot of pointers to suggest otherwise.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If he does manage another side other than Chelsea, it will only be the Portuguese national side.
i think he wants to manage in Serie A as well
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not denying that Mourinho has been succesful, but how long do you think the success will last?

And I think you're rather hoping Chelsea won't be successful but there are a lot of pointers to suggest otherwise.
I wouldn't mind chelsea being succesful, because they play good football and they deserve it. Rather Chelsea that Arsenal is my motto

But I think United are going to have another crap season. After watching a few pre season friendlies I think nothing's changed since last season. I know they're playing friendlies, but I think United are trying to adopt Chelsea's 4-3-3 and we have no idea how to use it. United should revert back to the 4-4-2 because it gives us a lot more width and it's better to have two strikers. And I think Smith playing the anchor role in midfield is ridiculus- the number of times he gave possesion away was unbelievabal.Richardson at LB was another joke- he cant play LW so they play him at LB. I think Untied desperately need someone on the left- Robben would have been perfect
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.01%
No (66)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (235)
40.59%

Watched Threads