The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Should be in Chelsea's favour. This should count for the predictions too.
Speaking of which first matches on Sat 13th and Sun 14th August have been posted and guidelines for playing have been posted.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I'm not denying that Mourinho has been succesful, but how long do you think the success will last?
I think with his track record, even at clubs he didn't win titles with, but have taken them far (such as that club I keep forgetting their name who didn't have a training pitch to use) would suggest he will have more success later on. Whether or not this actually happens remains to be seen.

I wouldn't mind chelsea being succesful, because they play good football and they deserve it. Rather Chelsea that Arsenal is my motto
Top man. :cool:

But I think United are going to have another crap season. After watching a few pre season friendlies I think nothing's changed since last season. I know they're playing friendlies, but I think United are trying to adopt Chelsea's 4-3-3 and we have no idea how to use it.
How was Man Utd's preseason results at a glance so far? j/w For me, the results from friendlies don't matter that much, but rather the performances. I am concerned about the discipline at Man Utd as regards to Rooney (no surprise) and Ruud van Nistelrooy. It all seemed to have gone down hill since David Beckham.

United should revert back to the 4-4-2 because it gives us a lot more width and it's better to have two strikers.
4-4-2 may give you more width than 4-3-3 but for Chelsea it's likely to be the other way round.

And I think Smith playing the anchor role in midfield is ridiculus- the number of times he gave possesion away was unbelievabal.
I agree. You should apply for the role.

I think Untied desperately need someone on the left- Robben would have been perfect
You have Park!
Wellsto
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Man Utd's season does look grim before it even takes off. The friendly matches have proven difficult. Rio Ferdinand may be on his way out althought Sir Alex wants to rescue Owen from Real Madrid.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i think he wants to manage in Serie A as well
I don't. He's stated specifically that he did not want to manage any teams from the Latin countries this includes Italy and Spain. Abramovich won't move with him if he ever did go to Serie A because he hates the style of football played for there.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I am concerned about the discipline at Man Utd as regards to Rooney (no surprise) and Ruud van Nistelrooy. It all seemed to have gone down hill since David Beckham.
I agree, Ruud van Nistlerooy is unbelievable. He just kicks out at anyone and he's done it more than once during our tour of Asia :eek: I think Rooney's temper could be controlled but then he might not be the same player.

4-4-2 may give you more width than 4-3-3 but for Chelsea it's likely to be the other way round.I agree. You should apply for the role.
I think when we played the 4-3-3 system last season it was when Ruud was injured and somehow we did matches with it, but I think Chelsea have a lot more width than United. We've only got Ronaldo and Giggs but Chelsea have a Duff, Cole, Robben etc.
I applied for the managers job, but for some reason they haven't got back to me

You have Park!
Isn't he a natural right footer? I still have my doubts on him, because i've not seen him play much.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Big Sam should discipline RVN.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Big Sam should discipline RVN.
I don't think that will work! He needs to go on that TV programme called bad lads ( i think it's called that)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Chelsea should give up on Essien since he's not as good as what Lyon are asking for (rather keep Tiago actually) and buy Freddy Adu.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought that they've actually agreed a deal for Adu. It's ridiculus the way Essien is begging Chelsea to buy him :rolleyes: he needs to get a life, becaue if he actually does come he'll start whinging about leaving. I think Govou is better than Essien.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Chelsea should give up on Essien since he's not as good as what Lyon are asking for (rather keep Tiago actually) and buy Freddy Adu.
well said, £32 m + Tiago is a joke as thats more than what Gerrard was worth
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well said, £32 m + Tiago is a joke as thats more than what Gerrard was worth
It is. And Adu is younger, probably will be better than Essien and if we hurry up and buy Adu he'll fit the UEFA requirement too. Plus I think he'll be a cheaper buy too, probably £6m or something like that.
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
has anyone seen rooneys goal yet? i havent seen it on sky news yet.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by james101)
has anyone seen rooneys goal yet? i havent seen it on sky news yet.
yer goes through 3-4 players in the box, he's at an angle to the goal, sees the keeper off his line and chips it over him.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It is. And Adu is younger, probably will be better than Essien and if we hurry up and buy Adu he'll fit the UEFA requirement too. Plus I think he'll be a cheaper buy too, probably £6m or something like that.
+ i think Adu's a forward, not another midfielder and who knows Adu could be that player Mourinho's looking for up front
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
yer goes through 3-4 players in the box, he's at an angle to the goal, sees the keeper off his line and chips it over him.
where did you see it? is the match gonna be shown on tv again?
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
was on itv2 last night, doubt it'll get shown again anywhere other than mutv
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://www.qfile.de/dl/126160/Manche..._Reds.zip.html
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks for that
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
To be honest the second goal isnt as great as people have been saying, he goes past 2/3 players and lobs the keeper, it was good but not amazing.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
+ i think Adu's a forward, not another midfielder and who knows Adu could be that player Mourinho's looking for up front
Hmm didn't know he's a forward but after the amount of snubs we've had from established forwards we're going to need some young strikers, though we did buy Thomas Lyskov from Reading (think he's a striker).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (209)
49.29%
No (48)
11.32%
I'm not old enough (167)
39.39%

Watched Threads