Lol, Gattuso injured them all?
Shame he didn't get Lampard while he was at it. :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Makalele's a big lad, he'll be back in training within a few days. He's the only area for concern, with the other positions adequately covered, although you have cover for Claude in Diarra. Still, pre-season injuries are never a good thing.
True but then Makalele is getting on a bit (though not our oldest squad player, though he gets made out he is) and we know that injuries can take their toll on older players. Haven't seen Diarra play but heard he's pretty good. Not too worried about Robben now that we have SWP. Thank goodness Arsenal no longer have Vieira.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Shame he didn't get Lampard while he was at it. :cool:
John Terry should rought them up a bit if they face Milan in the next Champions League campaign. We've dealt with Blackburn well so we can take it.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
John Terry should rought them up a bit if they face Milan in the next Champions League campaign. We've dealt with Blackburn well so we can take it.
Terry's a thug, but no big hitter. He'd be the kid to stand at the back, encouraging the others before taking the last hit! :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Terry's a thug...
If you say so...
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
If you say so...
Every team has to have a Diouf, so was either going to be JT or Lampard... the rest are all quite clean!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Every team has to have a Diouf, so was either going to be JT or Lampard... the rest are all quite clean!
I don't know about that. If we still had Wise I'd say him. In terms of malicious foul play it used to be Kezman for me. Don't understand some of his stupid challenges, then again Johnson's discipline needs improving too. Every team has had a bad player, whether a dirty player like Savage or a diver like Pires.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I don't know about that. If we still had Wise I'd say him. In terms of malicious foul play it used to be Kezman for me. Don't understand some of his stupid challenges, then again Johnson's discipline needs improving too. Every team has had a bad player, whether a dirty player like Savage or a diver like Pires.
I'm still trying to figure out who ours is. We don't seem to have a dirty player as such, Sissoko apparently needs to sort out his timing, but that's about it. Our figure of hatred is none other than Harry Kewell...

EDIT: Pongolle's back in full training.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cinema pongol!
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/4734197.stm
Could be the solution they've been looking for since Seaman left, but they probably said that about Lehmann too.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apparently Bolton are offering Stelios Giannakopoulos double his current wages to persuade him against joining Liverpool.

Here's to you Big Sam :top:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Apparently Bolton are offering Stelios Giannakopoulos double his current wages to persuade him against joining Liverpool.
Nya, he's not the player we need. £1m would be a quick fix, but we can do better. Once again, I'd look towards La Liga - players like Prieto of Sociedad, even Juanfran or Quaresmo. Exciting, young players who are still relatively unknown to keep the costs down, and the inflation low. £21m for SWP? You're having a laugh... :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nya, he's not the player we need. £1m would be a quick fix, but we can do better. Once again, I'd look towards La Liga - players like Prieto of Sociedad, even Juanfran or Quaresmo.
Ah the Spanish national side in a few years then.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Ah the Spanish national side in a few years then.
That's the idea.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nya, he's not the player we need. £1m would be a quick fix, but we can do better. Once again, I'd look towards La Liga - players like Prieto of Sociedad, even Juanfran or Quaresmo. Exciting, young players who are still relatively unknown to keep the costs down, and the inflation low. £21m for SWP? You're having a laugh... :rolleyes:
Hence the thumbs up for Big Sammy
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That's the idea.
El Liverpol? :p:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
El Liverpol? :p:
El Kop.

Who's to complain when you have the Xabi's and Pepe's of this world? We still have Gerrard, Carragher and Warnock - all regulars, ntm Potter or Whitbread who're getting a decent run. All of those were bought up from our academy, and now a few British players from other clubs. We have no problems with the UEFA ruling.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm still trying to figure out who ours is. We don't seem to have a dirty player as such, Sissoko apparently needs to sort out his timing, but that's about it. Our figure of hatred is none other than Harry Kewell...

EDIT: Pongolle's back in full training.
Woooo, so is McFadden for us! :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We have no problems with the UEFA ruling.
Nor do we. Wonder if Arsenal does?
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wonder if Michael Owen would consider a move to Man Utd? Seems he is on his way out of Real Madrid..
Liverpool have already counted themselves out of the running for his signature..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (84)
33.6%
No I don't (118)
47.2%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.2%

Watched Threads