Watch
This discussion is closed.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think that the only reason the Ruud was succesful was becasue of Beckham's quality passes. Since we haven't been able to replace Beckham, Ruud's goals have dried up. I think he's a good player, with quick feet but since he came back from injury we stopped scoring goals. I think Ruud will stay but he's a dirty player who dives all over the field.

I think Owen won't be scoring 30 odd, but at least he will be scoring ( I hope so anyway ).
Jeez you're a fickle lot arent you. 16 goals in 26 games he scored. And he didn't have Beckham the year before when he scored a hatful. One of the top 5 strikers in Europe IMO and that's coming from a scouser. Crikey.

As for Baros, he will probably go in the next couple of weeks, £7m is a great price since he only has 1 year left on his contract (I think) and Owen went for £8m.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Jeez you're a fickle lot arent you. 16 goals in 26 games he scored. And he didn't have Beckham the year before when he scored a hatful. One of the top 5 strikers in Europe IMO and that's coming from a scouser. Crikey.
I'm not denying that he's a quality player but I just don't like him . He really needs to rediscover his form and score another bunch this season. I think he needs to sort his attitude out and his of the ball actions. I think it's because United always expect Rude to score and when he doesn't.....

I think Baros will probably leave, but I want him to stay in the premiership. He's an OK player but he doesn't know what he's doing half of the time
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Remember goldenbarnes posting that news article on the young boys? Well here's a funny one here:

Keegan fills Schmeichel's gap with Seaman! - http://www.geocities.com/grahamp3/sp_ke.html
naivesincerity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
And Gerrard was looking for house in Surrey once but look what happened. :p:
According to who, was he? Time for a Chelsea-based rant.
You lot are gutted over the European cup, and your 'i am special guy' manager is the biggest tit in football. Mourinho says Gerrard's made a mistake(what, by not being fickle and taking on a greater challenge at Liverpool, his local side?)and that Chelsea will win so much more, down the line-however, Mourinho also said his reserve team could win the premiership, and they lost to Colchester United.
naivesincerity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think that the only reason the Ruud was succesful was becasue of Beckham's quality passes. Since we haven't been able to replace Beckham,
Interesting...IMO...Giggs is twice the player of Beckham, and probably Scholes too, along with Keane, i think those three are way more important to united than Becks
Billistic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Owen is trash these days...

I would rather play Defoe, Crouch, Vassell, Smith up with Rooney
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Billistic)
Owen is trash these days...

I would rather play Defoe, Crouch, Vassell, Smith up with Rooney
Vassell ?
Crouch?
Smith?

over Owen? you're having a laugh
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
According to who, was he? Time for a Chelsea-based rant.
You lot are gutted over the European cup, and your 'i am special guy' manager is the biggest tit in football. Mourinho says Gerrard's made a mistake(what, by not being fickle and taking on a greater challenge at Liverpool, his local side?)and that Chelsea will win so much more, down the line-however
Yes now go back to bed because it's passed your bedtime. You have nursery tomorrow.

Mourinho also said his reserve team could win the premiership, and they lost to Colchester United.
Are you sure he meant the proper reserve team or just the second string side?
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Here is an another article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4730405.stm
surprised spurs ain't went in for him, but then again he's not a midfielder
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gerrard, always a red, right?

Billistic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Vassell ?
Crouch?
Smith?

over Owen? you're having a laugh
Nope. What has Owen done in the last 3 years? He's been utter garbage!
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
According to who, was he?
according to a few papers he was

Mourinho also said his reserve team could win the premiership, and they lost to Colchester United.
i think he meant the rest of the squad who doesnt play as much (e.g. cudicini, huth, gallas etc.)
besides the reserve squad is practically the youth team (Pidgeley/Ma Kalambay, Watt, Elmer, Grant, Tillen etc.)
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Gerrard, always a red, right?

http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/02/...rd_everton.jpg
That's what they all say tho innit :rofl:
Funny thing is, that's actually an authentic picture of him
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
highest goal to minutes on pitch ratio for Real Madrid last season.
You would pick Vassell over Owen??? haha you're such a joker, Vassell is all run run run for most of a game and then when he does get a chance he misses it, sounds like Marcus Bent to me.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its reported that Joey Bartons brother, Michael Barton, is a main suspect in that Merseyside Axe Murder investigation
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...190880,00.html

more to talk about at Joey's counseling sessions
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
its reported that Joey Burtons brother, Michael Burton, is a main suspect in that Merseyside Axe Murder investigation
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...190880,00.html

more to talk about at Joey's counseling sessions
Joey Barton is a fag, i'd happily punch his face in.
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I can only assume that you're either really stupid and know nothing about football, or you're just here to wind people up. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and go for the latter.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
That's what they all say tho innit :rofl:
Funny thing is, that's actually an authentic picture of him
Funny thing is that it isn't. I know of someone who is a friend of SG (not one of these friend of a friend of a friend etc. just someone on another lfc forum) and it's been denied. Also by someone clued up with the club on another forum. It maybe his face but a [very good] photoshop job.

Mind you, Owen, Macca, Robbie and Carra were all boyhood blues and Leon Osman was a red.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
tomorrow will be interesting about the future of Johnson
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...el=premiership
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thats blatantly anthony gerrard his cousin :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads