The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
look at Saha - great at Fulham, at Man U he barely plays.

looks like Fulham are in trouble for first games as they barely have a keeper fit
This season will really define if Saha has lost it/is not thought good enough to be played by Sir Senile. He was injured last season, so I can't think he's performances and number of starts can be properly assessed. However if he is not greatb this season, my hypothesis will be proved.

(Original post by oblivious)
I'm not sure his hair suited the physical premiership style required of a striker these days.
Season 02'-'03... Winner of player most likely to be found on Clapham Common - Diego "Nice Hair Luv" Forlan
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Hooligans? They are bloody violent, *******s.
lol! for some reason, everything you say whether serious or not I find funny
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
look at Saha - great at Fulham, at Man U he barely plays.

looks like Fulham are in trouble for first games as they barely have a keeper fit
Get in, we play them 3rd game of the premiership season !!!
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
The European championships were hardly isolated performances, he was superb in Portugal and carried on the form uptill around Christmas last year, after which he couldn't hit a barn door. He's a good player in the right team but clearly not the sort of player Benitez is looking to have in the side.
Well, yes, but he's still ace for the Czechs. It's about the international set up, vs Liverpool personnel. Not only does he feed off Jan Koller (who gets a handful himself), but with supply from Nedved et al, he can do no wrong. Giving him a run out alongside Rodney could have very positive results. I'm all for keeping him, besides, we can get more than £7m for him. If he kept his head up, stoped running towards the bloody corner flag and held up the ball, he'd be made up. Defenders despise him, he has shown form in the Premiership as you rightly say, and has potential to shine - given his international record.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Get in, we play them 3rd game of the premiership season !!!
i say barely, crossley could be back by then + i cant remember how injured the reserve keeper is + he's inexperienced
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Raindance - Shall I subscribe?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If he kept his head up, stoped running towards the bloody corner flag and held up the ball
Well yeah if my aunty had *******s and all that.

He's a good player in the right environment as you said but he doesn't have the composure, intellegence or team-play to succeed under Benitez. Look at who he's signed - Morientes and Crouch. Neither are hugely prolific, neither are particularly fast but they're play is based around being quite strong, decent in the air, being quite skilfull and bringing others into play. Baros can't do that. And we won't get more than £7m, he only has a year left on his contract and hasn't had as good a season as hoped. His highest selling value was 12 months ago after he had just won the golden boot.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hope Baros doesn't join us, did you see that bag he had? along with the fact that he never has his head up
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
52mins gone- no goals from 'Pool... although they've had all the chances
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
52mins gone- no goals from 'Pool... although they've had all the chances
bit different for Celtic - they're actually winning 3-0,
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
bit different for Celtic - they're actually winning 3-0,
get out of town.... a clean sheet! :eek:

Crouch may have a hammie injury aswell, substitued injured
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
get out of town.... a clean sheet! :eek:

Crouch may have a hammie injury aswell, substitued injured
so far - but they need 2 more to survive a knock out
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Oh ND... have you changed sides and are not supporting Chelsea anymore? Just asking with a view to your above post.
I don't change sides, that's just disloyal supporters do. Don't know which post you're referring to.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so far - but they need 2 more to survive a knock out
Its not the fact that Celtic are 3 goals ahead that has shocked me, rather the fact that they haven't conceded a goal... Somebody must have had a word with Strachan and stated that all successful football teams must have a (plausable/some sort of) defence
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How's it going with Liverpool? Are they winning?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I don't change sides, that's just disloyal supporters do. Don't know which post you're referring to.
i think this is the post
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ostcount=24659
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
How's it going with Liverpool? Are they winning?
no goals so far
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
lol! for some reason, everything you say whether serious or not I find funny
You hurt my feelings now, Kuz! :mad:

Booooo.....rude.... :viking:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think this is the post
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...ostcount=24659
I never said those words. It's quite easy to type in anything and use the quotation tags. I did it in the sex thread and only the person I misquoted noticed. However, this was nothing serious and so can be taken lightly. One thing you can guarantee is that I have never complained of arrogance. I've put up with years of SAF and Wenger doing it. Clough did it too. And now we seem to have a half-hearted Souness doing it as well. Plus I'm more likely to criticise Peter Kenyon on 'arrogance' anyway.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
4-0 celtic, 7 mins left

also gerrard scored
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.33%
No I don't (153)
47.22%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed