The Student Room Group
Raindance
We'll live, he's suspended anyway, but it's a damn annoyance. Maybe it'll give Morientes an opening to show his worth.

i reckon Morientes will show his worth, but Crouch would have been useful for the first game of the season against Boro

is he suspended for European or Domestic?
If i was a birmingham supporter i'd prefer to sign Ali Dia than Nicky Butt
Reply 24022
fernando
i reckon Morientes will show his worth, but Crouch would have been useful for the first game of the season against Boro

is he suspended for European or Domestic?

Domestic games, so he'd have missed Middlesborough and Sunderland anyway. I think we still have the squad to punish Middlesborough away without him, especially with Benitez so intent on finding his RW and CH. Maybe Baros will feature...
looks like Houllier wants to bring Owen to Lyon using his past at Liverpool

thanks for a link, i already mentioned Zizou coming out of International retirement but im surprised with Makelele as well

lets hope we dont get a similar result from Euro 2004 if England and France meet in Germany
Can Makelele cope though?
Reply 24027
NDGAARONDI
Can Makelele cope though?

Don't see why he couldn't hack it internationally, but his domestic game could be adversely affected. If I were Mourinho I wouldn't be too happy. :rolleyes:
Raindance
Don't see why he couldn't hack it internationally, but his domestic game could be adversely affected. If I were Mourinho I wouldn't be too happy. :rolleyes:

Which is my point. Chelsea will be taking every single competition seriously so he will be used more often than if he played with Arsenal for example. It is his choice in the end but when your club is starting on a roll and you're not getting any younger and your national side won't have that a great chance in winning international tournaments, I would stay out (then again I'm not the most patriotic person in the world).

See I told ya!! :wink:
I saw it before you told me. :smile:
Wonder if Chelsea will build a new stadium, or make up the revenue elsewhere such as on merchandise.
NDGAARONDI
I saw it before you told me. :smile:

:eviltongu

I can't see Chelsea building another stadium and they can't really extend as far as I am aware. So it has to be with selling goods. :biggrin:
But would people watch a game so far up the pitch? Camp Nou II.
Can you imagine if they did build up, like the big stadiums abroad??? You would need binoculars to see what is happening on the pitch!
fernando
thanks for a link, i already mentioned Zizou coming out of International retirement but im surprised with Makelele as well

lets hope we dont get a similar result from Euro 2004 if England and France meet in Germany

Do you think that France will be a better team now when they have Zidane and Makelele? I have never seen Makelele in action, though. Only in Chelsea :rolleyes: I have seen France play some World Qualifying games and they were really horrible even if they have Henry and some other pro players.
Cisse: "We can be champions", http://www.football365.com/news/premiership_news/story_158615.shtml

We have got to be a top three team and with all the talent we've got here, with the potential we have at this club, that should be perfectly possible. Yes, Liverpool could be champions. We can bridge the gap,"

And Wigan can win the Premiership. :top: More ramblings from underperforming sides who keep saying they are a top x club. First Leeds, Newcastle and now this.
C. Ronaldo was injured in a horror tackle during a preseason match:

Reply 24039
NDGAARONDI
And Wigan can win the Premiership. :top: More ramblings from underperforming sides who keep saying they are a top x club. First Leeds, Newcastle and now this.

Yawn. Notice the "could", "can", "potential", "possible". We are the one with the Champions' League medals, we are the ones with the top manager, we are the ones with plenty of money, and we are also the ones with good business sense. We can only improve.

Latest