The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
What did Parker and Emre go to Newcastle for?
I've always advocated that Parker either stayed at Chelsea or go to Everton as you well know. You made a statement that is must be the wages but apparently Moyes is not a very approachable manager for some reason. First thing I heard about that though.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Hardly. It's preseason, competitive games that'll increase match fitness. You should wait to see the outcome of the Villarreal ties before you start slating them in Europe.
You can play pre-season games anyway, the disappointment factor will be brilliant though :cool:
Newcastle should expect to be in Europe, they spend big all the time, we don't. We're not expected to get past Villarreal, but Newcastle surely must have been fancied to get into Europe last year?
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I've always advocated that Parker either stayed at Chelsea or go to Everton as you well know. You made a statement that is must be the wages but apparently Moyes is not a very approachable manager for some reason. First thing I heard about that though.
I'd say that Moyes is more approachable than Souness. Parker must have lost his head!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I'd say that Moyes is more approachable than Souness. Parker must have lost his head!
££ talks -

Oh, about Moyes not being very approachable, first i've heard of it, too.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
££ talks
Doesn't Ashely Cole know it?

Oh, about Moyes not being very approachable, first i've heard of it, too.
It was suggested that this is why Cahill refused to sign an extension to his current contract. The money was not the issue.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It was suggested that this is why Cahill refused to sign an extension to his current contract. The money was not the issue.
I can't see that being true, as it has been mentioned by his agent that he didn't sign the extention as it wasn't a true reflection of his worth to the team.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
££ talks -
I was hoping that Newcastle would get relegated last season! I've stopped believing that good things come to those who wait
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He's been offered a pay rise to reflect this. Oh I don't know with all this contract talk, it's bad enough with transfer talk let alone contracts on players.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
You can play pre-season games anyway, the disappointment factor will be brilliant though :cool:
Newcastle should expect to be in Europe, they spend big all the time, we don't. We're not expected to get past Villarreal, but Newcastle surely must have been fancied to get into Europe last year?
Yawn. You finished 4th, Newcastle scraped into the Intertoto. Newcastle have as much right to spend big as you do, and, at the end of the day, you're two similar clubs.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I was hoping that Newcastle would get relegated last season!
Why?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Moyes is Fergie in disguise. :cool:
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gerrard, always a red, right?

http://www.4thegame.com/media/00/02/...rd_everton.jpg
Bitter-why not accept you can't just have any player you wan't?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yawn.
You must be tired. :rolleyes:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
You must be tired. :rolleyes:
Yes. But what of...?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Bitter-why not accept you can't just have any player you wan't?
Never wanted him. If you care to search what I've been saying about Gerrard you will find this out. The only person I've been after who are British were Owen (before Crespo and Cole were brought back) and SWP.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes. But what of...?
This site? :eek:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yawn. You finished 4th, Newcastle scraped into the Intertoto. Newcastle have as much right to spend big as you do, and, at the end of the day, you're two similar clubs.
How are we similar? They spend massive year after year, we don't. Surely by spending big they should be aiming for higher than teams that are unable to spend big? We're nothing like Newcastle, we're a much bigger club.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
This isn't a topic that should be resurrected, but why do I doubt that?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why?
I wanted Southampton to stay up and I HATE Souness. I coulnd't believe that he let Bellamy go, Souness has an attitude problem and he needs to conduct himself in a professional manner :mad: I could rant forever but I'll stop there #

(and maybe because Shearer stayed at newcastle )
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Moyes is Fergie in disguise. :cool:
Alex Ferguson is, without a doubt, the best manager of the 1990's, so that's an incredible compliment, cheers! :cool:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (108)
33.44%
No I don't (152)
47.06%
I work during the holidays (63)
19.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed