The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh I hate Souness but I see the team slightly differently. Many people do this with Chelsea and Mourinho.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
How are we similar? They spend massive year after year, we don't. Surely by spending big they should be aiming for higher than teams that are unable to spend big? We're nothing like Newcastle, we're a much bigger club.
Fine then, there are more similarities between Everton and Newcastle, than Everton and Chelsea - you've a working class fanbase for starters. There's a reason as to why Newcastle spend bigger than you do, so why the animosity? Is it a superiority complex?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Alex Ferguson is, without a doubt, the best manager of the 1990's, so that's an incredible compliment, cheers! :cool:
Aye, but he's ***** now. Not the most approachable of characters, either.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea is England's answer to Italy's Juventus then. :eek:
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Many people do this with Chelsea and Mourinho.
I disagree. I'm not a big fan of Mourinho's but Chelsea play great football and theres no denying that, people only criticise Jose because they're proabably jealous of him. IMO he's a breath of fresh air for the premiership! But Newcastle have an idiot for a manager and it seems his idioticy ( is there such a word as that!) radiates to the whole team. They may play good football as a one off, but they're not a brilliant team.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Newcastle to become like Lazio then?
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Fine then, there are more similarities between Everton and Newcastle, than Everton and Chelsea - you've a working class fanbase for starters. There's a reason as to why Newcastle spend bigger than you do, so why the animosity? Is it a superiority complex?
Ok, one similarity, we're a working class fanbase. Really doesn't have much to do with the way we play on the pitch or how the club is run..
Yeah the reason is because their chairman is loaded, just like the chairman of Middlesbrough, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham et cetera.. I believe Newcastle should be looking higher than a Intertoto Cup place.

Why the animosity? Because of their moaning, horrible, whinging manager, their racist, trouble-maker players and their 'we're a massive club, honestly' fans. Hate them.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you care to search what I've been saying about Gerrard you will find this out. .
I don't care too much....bet you didn't want Nigel Spackman back off Liverpool either--oh wait, that would have been before your time as a fan--ie when they weren't hugely rich and the premiership leaders
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea is England's answer to Italy's Juventus then. :eek:
You'd get a lynching if you said that in Turin! Possibly London's answer to Manchester United plc.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why the animosity? Because of their moaning, horrible, whinging manager, their racist, trouble-maker players and their 'we're a massive club, honestly' fans. Hate them.
What about Leeds fans who keep insisting they are a Premiership side? :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You'd get a lynching if you said that in Turin! Possibly London's answer to Manchester United plc.
The logic is because in Italy ages ago Juventus had the reputation for being posh/rich etc and so does Chelsea. That's all.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Sounds familiar!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What about Leeds fans who keep insisting they are a Premiership side? :p:
Well, Leeds fans too :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, Leeds fans too :cool:
Excellent.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sounds familiar!
To what/whom? :confused:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
The logic is because in Italy ages ago Juventus had the reputation for being posh/rich etc and so does Chelsea.
Yes, but Juventus has always had such a reputation whereas your '£50k pa 'supporters'' joined up with Uncle Roman.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, but Juventus has always had such a reputation whereas your '£50k pa 'supporters'' joined up with Uncle Roman.
Actually they don't. If you actually care to know anything about London (typical northerners) you will find that the residents of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea earn a higher salary than elsewhere in the country. It's an expenivce place to live in and London is full of tertiary based industries. Don't they still have shipping in the docks in Liverpool? :rolleyes:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Actually they don't. If you actually care to know anything about London (typical northerners) you will find that the residents of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea earn a higher salary than elsewhere in the country. It's an expenivce place to live in and London is full of tertiary based industries. Don't they still have shipping in the docks in Liverpool? :rolleyes:
I'll answer that question, as I live a lot nearer to Liverpool as arl Raindance -
Yes, they do.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
To what/whom? :confused:
"moaning, horrible, whinging manager" - Sorry, but Moyes doesn't appear to be a particularly nice chap.
"trouble-maker players" - Judas Jeffers, The Tampon, Rooney...
"'we're a massive club, honestly' fans" - Admittedly less so than the other two, but the amount of Blues to think they're bigger than the Reds beggars belief.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The logic is because in Italy ages ago Juventus had the reputation for being posh/rich etc and so does Chelsea. That's all.
But they had also a reputation as Italy's most successful club, i think they've won over 20 scudettos, maybe 25 ish?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (260)
48.24%
No (60)
11.13%
I'm not old enough (219)
40.63%

Watched Threads