Watch
This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I'll answer that question, as I live a lot nearer to Liverpool as arl Raindance -
Yes, they do.
I remember taking the train to Liverpool on this long railtrack and seeing the docks. :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
But they had also a reputation as Italy's most successful club, i think they've won over 20 scudettos, maybe 25 ish?
Yes they are more successful than AC Milan in this respect I believe.
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Chelsea is England's answer to Italy's Juventus then. :eek:
Because they were both knocked out of Europe by supposedly inferior, but actually superior opposition? :rolleyes:
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
"moaning, horrible, whinging manager" - Sorry, but Moyes doesn't appear to be a particularly nice chap.
"trouble-maker players" - Judas Jeffers, The Tampon, Rooney...
"'we're a massive club, honestly' fans" - Admittedly less so than the other two, but the amount of Blues to think they're bigger than the Reds beggars belief.
:rofl:

that was a pathetic attempt at trying to make Everton seem similar to Newcastle. I'm sorry, but it was. Moyes, a horrible, whinging manager? Surely not. He's always quick to admit when his team have a bad game, he doesn't try and blame other people, i.e. the referee (a la Souness), and tells it like it is, which is probably the best way to be.

Trouble maker players? As much as I don't like him, Jeffers is hardly a trouble maker, and forgive me if I am wrong, but doesn't he play for Charlton?
Duncan is hardly a trouble-maker, rather just a physical player. Rooney; he plays for Man United.

And your last point, any team that finishes about the European Champions must surely be a massive team.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree with Dan. Moyes even stands corrected after seeing video footage to make up for his mistakes when criticising decisions after the game. Good on him I say. And didn't Benitez whinge about something in a press conference anyway? They all do it then.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree with Dan. Moyes even stands corrected after seeing video footage to make up for his mistakes when criticising decisions after the game. Good on him I say. And didn't Benitez whinge about something in a press conference anyway? They all do it then.
*proud*
Yeah, very true. For instance, with the James Beattie sending off last season, initially Moyes was adament it wasn't a sending off, however, after seeing video footage, he was quick to change his mind and wasn't afraid to come out to the press and stand corrected :cool:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What was he whingeing about?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
What was he whingeing about?
Can't remember but it was unusual as it's not like him.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He probably still managed to fit the word 'mentality' into the press conference though, it's his favourite word :cool:
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
Actually they don't. If you actually care to know anything about London (typical northerners) you will find that the residents of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea earn a higher salary than elsewhere in the country. It's an expenivce place to live in and London is full of tertiary based industries. Don't they still have shipping in the docks in Liverpool? :rolleyes:
I'm sure you'll have noticed there are a lot more Chelsea fans to have crawled out of the woodwork over the past two years. Now that Chelsea are successful, people who are living in Kensington/Chelsea will have taken an active role, whereas before they didn't care about the club.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah I think it was against Crystal Palace where Palace won 1-0.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was it about Alonso's yellow against Chelsea that made him miss the 2nd leg in the CL? If it was he had a point, just because Gudjohnsson forgot how to stand while next to Xabi. He had every right to complain
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good game that, watched a live feed of it via the internet, terrific header by Johnson
Indeed, I think you are right, i'm sure he spat his dummy out after that.. :rofl:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh right. We were crap
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I'm sure you'll have noticed there are a lot more Chelsea fans to have crawled out of the woodwork over the past two years. Now that Chelsea are successful, people who are living in Kensington/Chelsea will have taken an active role, whereas before they didn't care about the club.
Which happens with any club who have success. Liverpool in the 80s, Man Utd in the 90s, Arsenal thereafter (Blackburn was just a glimpse really) and now Chelsea.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was it about Alonso's yellow against Chelsea that made him miss the 2nd leg in the CL? If it was he had a point, just because Gudjohnsson forgot how to stand while next to Xabi. He had every right to complain
No it was in the Premiership before then. Sure he can complain about Gudjohnsen so long as he's consistent with Traore. :top:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Man U should count themselves lucky that they got rid of this t***!
http://www.football365.com/features/...y_158547.shtml
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which happens with any club who have success. Liverpool in the 80s, Man Utd in the 90s, Arsenal thereafter (Blackburn was just a glimpse really) and now Chelsea.
True enough.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Man U should count themselves lucky that they got rid of this t***!
http://www.football365.com/features/...y_158547.shtml
Seen it. Every day I click on News on Google.co.uk and search Chelsea and then browse the results.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No it was in the Premiership before then. Sure he can complain about Gudjohnsen so long as he's consistent with Traore. :top:
I'm still trying to perfect the 'Traore-turn', did it once, but haven't managed to repeat it since..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (53)
19.34%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.9%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (54)
19.71%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (57)
20.8%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.12%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.12%

Watched Threads