The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
lol! you know you got lucky that night! any other week hunny and we would have won
mm no
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
stupid villa fans cheering when they thought liverpool had scored a second goal against newcastle. how can u mix up viera scoring at highbury for a liverpool goal?
Have you ever listened to five live?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
PLease explain how u think this?!?!

Fletcher maybe.
But Ronaldo, that was no way near obvious, wat are u talking about?!?
Yellow card for stumbling over, errr... no. Yellow card for finishing an offside attack, err...no.
The referee blowed his whisltle about 5 secs before he put it in.

It may not necessarliy have warranted a sending-off (although dissent is worth a yellow) but it certainly showed Ronaldo to have no brain.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
PLease explain how u think this?!?!

Fletcher maybe.
But Ronaldo, that was no way near obvious, wat are u talking about?!?
Yellow card for stumbling over, errr... no. Yellow card for finishing an offside attack, err...no.
he didn't stumble. He intentionally fell to the ground. Then when he landed on the ball he held it in his hand and turned to the referee with a "how blatant was that foul?" look on his face. That's a dive to try to win a free kick.
For the second yellow, the whistle blew a few seconds before he kicked the ball, so he knew he wasn't finishing the attack. He knew the attack had ended because he heard the ref end the play. But, giving a second yellow for kicking the ball away is something that most refs won't do, most have the sense to have a word with the player and remind him he's on a yellow. It wasn't even what most people would consider kicking th ball away (usually it's hitting it as hard as you can in frustration like Fletcher did) and i don't think it deserved a yellow on it's own anyway.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
England's Euro 2004 squad: Goalkeepers: David James (Man City), Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Ian Walker (Leicester)
Defenders: Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool).
Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Paul Scholes (Man Utd), Nicky Butt (Man Utd), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle), Joe Cole (Chelsea)
Strikers: Michael Owen (Liverpool), Emile Heskey (Liverpool), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Everton).
Standby: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Richard Wright (Everton), Matthew Upson (Birmingham), Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough), Scott Parker (Chelsea), Alan Smith (Leeds).

Discuss.
Few surprises, although personally i disagree with Walker being chosen, but i can see why it happened.
A little surprised that Southgate didn't make the 23, and Joe Cole over Scott Parker maybe a little.
Not sure about Vassell over Smith, as not much to choose between the two, but overall, nothing too major really.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Few surprises, although personally i disagree with Walker being chosen, but i can see why it happened.
A little surprised that Southgate didn't make the 23, and Joe Cole over Scott Parker maybe a little.
Not sure about Vassell over Smith, as not much to choose between the two, but overall, nothing too major really.
Southgate is injured.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Southgate is injured.
Oh. Why is he on standby then?
amyitfc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rah)
ipswich fan? nah i didnt go, sat in the uni gym for two hours cycling at about two miles an hour so i could watch it on sky sports, goddamn my legs hurt!

yeah, i cant believe you guys didnt sell out, really weird. hmm a one goal deficit, can still go either way, have you made it to the prem before? for todays performance you prob serve it, cant believe how poorly we played, disappointing!
lol why didnt you go to the pub?
1 goal deficit makes me very nervous i agree could still go either way
when we went up in 2000 we won via the playoffs, beat bolton in semis & barnsley in final 4-2 at wembley. before that we were in playoffs 3 times & got beat in semis each time.
i think youve got some players back for tom, while our already iffy defence might get worse with central defender john mcgreal substituted, he hasnt trained today.
both w.ham & ipswich fans believe that we should be in the prem, so lots of people gonna be v disappointed. (hope its not me, i think i've gone through enough - getting chucked out of 3 playoff semis, relegated by being beat 5-0 last day of the season at anfield, administration, selling all of our good players, missing outon playoffs last season etc etc the list goes on)

to newcastle fans, does titus bramble still have a habit of making your heart stop one minute out of fear , then next minute making an excellent challenge?
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh. Why is he on standby then?
In case he recovers? Dunno.
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In case he recovers? Dunno.
I would have thought that they would have put him in the squad, and then get a standby if he didn't recover?!
Or maybe he's just there in an emergency, if theres no other choice than to play him.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would have thought that they would have put him in the squad, and then get a standby if he didn't recover?!
Or maybe he's just there in an emergency, if theres no other choice than to play him.
He is definitely injured, but because England are so short of defenders at the moment, they have no other choice.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No shock inclusions

Slightly disappointed not to see a young dynamic player like Shaun Wright-Phillips but on the whole a very solid team and, injuries considered, the best team England has.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
England's Euro 2004 squad:
Goalkeepers:
David James (Man City), Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Ian Walker (Leicester)

Defenders: Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool).

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Paul Scholes (Man Utd), Nicky Butt (Man Utd), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle), Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Liverpool), Emile Heskey (Liverpool), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Everton).

Standby: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Richard Wright (Everton), Matthew Upson (Birmingham), Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough), Scott Parker (Chelsea), Alan Smith (Leeds).

Discuss.
Walker, lol, what a joke
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Walker, lol, what a joke
England do have a distinct lack of quality keepers.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
.. and strikers.
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
they really do. not that it matters but robinson got relegated then went to spurs who were in a relagation battle walker is division 1 and james is at man city and i wouldnt say they're doin very well either.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
.. and strikers.
Owen and Rooney can be world-class.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Owen and Rooney can be world-class.
Owen has shown it in the past but lately? And Rooney people have got carried away (ever since a certain goal vs Arsenal tbh) and he has a long way to go and a lot of maturing to do before he'll be world-class. In my opinion anyway
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
Owen has shown it in the past but lately? And Rooney people have got carried away (ever since a certain goal vs Arsenal tbh) and he has a long way to go and a lot of maturing to do before he'll be world-class. In my opinion anyway
That's fair enough. If I was an England fan I'd be worried about the strikers.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
they really do. not that it matters but robinson got relegated then went to spurs who were in a relagation battle walker is division 1 and james is at man city and i wouldnt say they're doin very well either.
James has actually proved to be a great keeper at Man City.

He just needs to be more consistent, and that goes for Robinson too.

Having a good defence tends to make keepers more confident when they have to do some work in games.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.01%
No (66)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (235)
40.59%

Watched Threads