The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I saw the game. Yes your signature is big enough. I hope the game tomorrow will be of a similar nature, in terms of rivalry, like the 0-0 draw at Stamford Bridge last season because I dislike the pizzagate with Arsenal and Man Utd. That may surprise you.
I stick to my guns, that we deserved to win that game because we defended an enslaught for 2 hours and made them pay for it in the penalty shoot out where we were obviously better and won at the end of the day. I think last seasons 2-2 draw between Arsenal and Chelsea was a much better game than the 0-0. Personally I'm praying that we thrash you, but I think thats very unlikely my prediction (and it absolutely kills me 2 say it is) 3-2 to Chelsea.....
"Prove me wrong God....Prove me wrong"

P.S As for my signature since Cindy asked me too I've made it a lot smaller, its a 2/3's of its previous size
durhamlad1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Personally I dont agree with you. I think he is far from lazy. In terms of effort he puts in I would definately put him above above Bergkamp and probably Henry who I would class lazy at times. Jose chases down and runs for a lot of balls. I cant pinpoint the reason why he has underperformed as I think he is a huge talent. To some degree I think its because of the physical side of the English game. Admittedly he gets fouled a lot but tends to get disheartened due to his weak physique. I think he has been unlucky but believe he can recapture the form he showed in the first 7 games of last season, he was on fire. I reckon he could have a great year but seeing him particualy in the Amsterdam tournament I wasnt impressed. Another problem is that of which is his best position. I think he needs to settle as either a winger or a striker (I think he could be a class striker but needs to bulk up a bit) With a bit of confidence he could play a big role this year but personally I would start with Van Persie and Henry in attack and Hleb over him in midfield.
Wenger made a bold move in bringing him in, imo they need a new striker, and more suitably one from Uk maybe low lands or France.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I think last seasons 2-2 draw between Arsenal and Chelsea was a much better game than the 0-0.
Hmmm both good games. The 2-2 draw is more dramatic but in terms of the 0-0 game there was a lot of respect shown between the two sides. Don't remember any booking except for Joe Cole mouthing off the linesman, which I wasn't pleased about (not the booking but for him doing it to start with).

(Original post by Kuz)
Personally I'm praying that we thrash you, but I think thats very unlikely my prediction (and it absolutely kills me 2 say it is) 3-2 to Chelsea.....
"Prove me wrong God....Prove me wrong"
At least you're honest. The FA Community Shield used to be treated as a friendly but in recent years it's been somewhat of an appetiser for the Premiership campaign. It also seems to be a jinx in winning the shield ebcause not too many winners win the Premiership also but then look at West Brom relegation escapers - no team at the bottom at Christmas time survived the drop until they came along. Personally I can't see a high score like 3-2 but then Bayern Munich scored three against Chelsea so who knows really.

(Original post by Kuz)
P.S As for my signature since Cindy asked me too I've made it a lot smaller, its a 2/3's of its previous size
I knew it got smaller because people kept complaining about your signature being too big even though there were no rules on size of signatures. Now that only one signature is shown per user per page I guess the size doesn't matter too much any more.

P.S. Enjoy the game if you're watching it.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sky Sports predicts 2-1 to the blues
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chelsea Team news, it seems Wayne Bridge is still not ready and will not be going to Cardiff.

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp...ub=latest+news
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just as well we got Asier del Horno then. He seems quality from set pieces.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It will be nice to see the team play a match proper, if you know what I mean. It will be anything but boring.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Chelsea Team news, it seems Wayne Bridge is still not ready and will not be going to Cardiff.

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp...ub=latest+news
understandable, at least we got del horno

hopefully his direct free kicks will turn into goals
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
chelsea youth lost 1- 0 to barca youth in the final of that milk cup tournament
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
I wasn't going to mention that.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cind, you have a grinning smiley for the post icon, but a sad one for the actual post.

Wtf?
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know. That's annoying.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I wasn't going to mention that.
not bad though - it was the final after all, looks like chelseas youth future is bright
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
not bad though - it was the final after all, looks like chelseas youth future is bright
You are right there. It looks like we have a few good and very promising young players.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And see our huge keeper at 6'4 come through the youth ranks. What does Lenny do these days?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And see our huge keeper at 6'4 come through the youth ranks. What does Lenny do these days?
He is listed as a first team Goalie!! :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He is listed as a first team Goalie!! :p:
Yes but I don't see him playing for the youth team ebcause the 6'4 Belgian giant is there (forget his name). So I'm wondering what happens when Pidgeley plays....

Edit: His name is Yves Makaba-Makalamby.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes but I don't see him playing for the youth team ebcause the 6'4 Belgian giant is there (forget his name). So I'm wondering what happens when Pidgeley plays....

Edit: His name is Yves Makaba-Makalamby.
His name is so long they named him 'Sue'. (from a very old song )

I presume they will take it in turns.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
When Claude goes they can call him Maka surely?
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Palace Lost
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.74%
Labour (543)
51.67%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.42%
Green Party (58)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)