The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Oh dear god, unfortunate innuendo to be picked out of that!
And you thought of that, Christian n all?! :eek: :rolleyes: :p:
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh dear god, unfortunate innuendo to be picked out of that!
:toofunny: I needed a good laugh!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eto'o will probably win it. *sigh*
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Kahn, Campbell, Carvalho, Ferdinand, Thuram, Joe Cole, Figo, Scholes, van Bommel, Drogba, van Nistelrooy should be nowhere near it. There are far more deserving players out there than that lot. And no, I'm not just bitter because only Gerrard was included.
Totally disagree with you Campbell should be there with bells on, and Ferdinand aswell (not with bells on though)
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Eto'o will probably win it. *sigh*
Nah- it'll probably be Henry.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
1-0 Villarreal
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
1-0 Villarreal
It was a good goal, but against the run of play
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Figeroa deserved that yellow for diving for a pen. Isn't that three yellows for Villarreal so far?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
It was a good goal, but against the run of play
i liked the idea with evertons free kick earlier on, but it didnt quite work out
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Manchester United - Debrecen
1 - 0
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Manchester United - Debrecen
1 - 0
I just realised that's one BBC 1. How strange, CL football on the BBC. I'm gonna have to keep on flicking between the two. Do Man U deserve to be one nil up?
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I just realised that's one BBC 1. How strange, CL football on the BBC. I'm gonna have to keep on flicking between the two. Do Man U deserve to be one nil up?
I don't know really because I saw it on the BBC sports website. They are sending Live there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/4136216.stm
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't know really because I saw it on the BBC sports website. They are sending Live there.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/4136216.stm
Ok. I watched a bit, and they seem pretty comfortable.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was just about to post that Everton have equalised, but they've gone behind again.
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was just about to post that Everton have equalised, but they've gone behind again.
Well, if Everton lose this leg they will have problems in Spain.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's 2-0 to Man U now, van Nist got the second
Now it's 3-0, C Ronaldo tapped in a Rooney pass along the edge of the six yard box. That'll give them a chance to rest some players for the second leg.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, if Everton lose this leg they will have problems in Spain.
I think even if they just draw, it'll be difficult for them in Spain.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Villarreal 2 - 1 Everton FT.

Everton had the high tempo, and lobbed it up to James "who's been eating all the pies?" Beattie every possible chance. Might have had a high tempo start, but it was fugly football all the same. Eventually undone by a classic european goal, striker in behind the last man and a classy finish. Somehow, Everton clawed their way into it. Neville linking with Beattie... I had to check what I'd been drinking. Maybe I was wrong about them, maybe they did have a wee bit of relative talent between them. But then, Beattie's 'goal' wasn't exactly of his own making. All Neville was doing was launching Quarterback balls into the box. Even Pistone was having a blinder - is he Djimi in disguise?Anyhow, natural order was resumed as Villarreal shut the BS up with a scorching header within 2 minutes. I had to chuckle. Second half was fairly boring, no big chances. No big surprises either. Big Dunc on. Launch balls into box. Big Dunc heads. Big Dunc misses. Moyes moans. Cahill cries.

At the end of the day, Villarreal took and used their share of the ball, and it was given away easily. Although Riquelme didn't shine (Everton would have got a spanking if he had), he was the midfield fulcrum and rarely missed a pass. At home, I feel that he'll shift up a gear, as will the rest of the team. All Everton can do is keep grinding away, keep the ball, and *sigh* lob the ball up towards the frontman. Arteta looked the pick of the team. Scoring the necessary amount of away goals will be the difficulty. They're facing a lightweight defense and a shakey goalkeeper. Something may happen.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
After watching United's match I've got to say that O'Shea is either really crap, or he'd been drinking. He had no sense of direction with his long balls and they always went out of play.

Smith has got to go if Fergie intends him to play the anchor role in the middle. He always loses possession and can't play the killer pass.

And a larger welcome to another diver- Park Sung. He made good runs but his dive was patethic. I think he's a good player, always finds space and is always in the oppositions face. Can't wait for 13th August.

It's a shame about Everton, what are the chances of them winning away?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Villarreal 2 - 1 Everton FT.

Everton had the high tempo, and lobbed it up to James "who's been eating all the pies?" Beattie every possible chance. Might have had a high tempo start, but it was fugly football all the same. Eventually undone by a classic european goal, striker in behind the last man and a classy finish. Somehow, Everton clawed their way into it. Neville linking with Beattie... I had to check what I'd been drinking. Maybe I was wrong about them, maybe they did have a wee bit of relative talent between them. But then, Beattie's 'goal' wasn't exactly of his own making. All Neville was doing was launching Quarterback balls into the box. Even Pistone was having a blinder - is he Djimi in disguise?Anyhow, natural order was resumed as Villarreal shut the BS up with a scorching header within 2 minutes. I had to chuckle. Second half was fairly boring, no big chances. No big surprises either. Big Dunc on. Launch balls into box. Big Dunc heads. Big Dunc misses. Moyes moans. Cahill cries.

At the end of the day, Villarreal took and used their share of the ball, and it was given away easily. Although Riquelme didn't shine (Everton would have got a spanking if he had), he was the midfield fulcrum and rarely missed a pass. At home, I feel that he'll shift up a gear, as will the rest of the team. All Everton can do is keep grinding away, keep the ball, and *sigh* lob the ball up towards the frontman. Arteta looked the pick of the team. Scoring the necessary amount of away goals will be the difficulty. They're facing a lightweight defense and a shakey goalkeeper. Something may happen.
Typical gob***** review from a typical armchair Liverpool supporter, do we expect anything else? Course not.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (49)
18.35%
Labour (132)
49.44%
Liberal Democrats (37)
13.86%
Green Party (18)
6.74%
Brexit Party (4)
1.5%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
1.12%
SNP (5)
1.87%
Plaid Cymru (1)
0.37%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.5%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)