The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Typical gob***** review from a typical armchair Liverpool supporter, do we expect anything else? Course not.
Calm down mate! I picked it apart ala "typic armchair Liverpool support", but came back through full of positives. Were you wearing a pale yellow t-shirt, by any chance, because the guy on tv looked familiar?
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think the better team won the game, there's no doubt about that, and Sorin in particular for them was outstanding, by far the Man of the Match.
However, you have to question the tactics of their players in this game, their keeper needed the physio to come on 3 times during the match, yes, three times! Diving, whinging, cheating, didn't expect any different, it's a shame english clubs aren't like that sometimes, especially when the referee is conned by it time and time again.

Anyway, I don't expect an Everton win from the second leg, but a good performance will suffice
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Calm down mate! I picked it apart ala "typic armchair Liverpool support", but came back through full of positives. Were you wearing a pale yellow t-shirt, by any chance, because the guy on tv looked familiar?
Nah I wasn't, was in me EFC top :cool:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Nah I wasn't, was in me EFC top :cool:
Nyah, close enough. Sorin was on fire...
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Nyah, close enough. Sorin was on fire...
A class above anybody else on the field, outstanding
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
A class above anybody else on the field, outstanding
I thought Pistone had his moments.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought Pistone had his moments.
He's the biggest sh*thouse going, waste of space.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
He's the biggest sh*thouse going, waste of space.
Well, yes, he's Pistone. But this was not Pistone I was watching. Maybe he needs european football (shame that (kidding...)) a la IIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOORRRRR RR. :eek:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, yes, he's Pistone. But this was not Pistone I was watching. Maybe he needs european football (shame that (kidding...)) a la IIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOORRRRR RR. :eek:
Worst player on the pitch tonight was Kilbane, awful, just awful.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Worst player on the pitch tonight was Kilbane, awful, just awful.
Tbh, I didn't think any of your players were awful - just outclassed. Bent faded, and Yobo possibly cocked up, but that's about it.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Tbh, I didn't think any of your players were awful - just outclassed. Bent faded, and Yobo possibly cocked up, but that's about it.
Bent isn't a good finisher, but he tries his hardest which is all you can ask for what we paid for him.
Yobo wasn't too good, I was hoping Kroldrup would be fit to play but obviously he wasn't, Weir was good, and Arteta was quality as usual.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Bent isn't a good finisher, but he tries his hardest which is all you can ask for what we paid for him.
Yobo wasn't too good, I was hoping Kroldrup would be fit to play but obviously he wasn't, Weir was good, and Arteta was quality as usual.
Arteta's your shining light, but he couldn't offer much outside of set pieces - was just missed out, either by their passing or your long balls. Shame that, because I want to see him play.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arteta's your shining light, but he couldn't offer much outside of set pieces - was just missed out, either by their passing or your long balls. Shame that, because I want to see him play.
Hibbert can usually only resort to long balls, Pistone was attempting long balls, but failing, badly. Kilbane was several levels under what was needed tonight, and it's clear that we need another striker if we want to get anywhere.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Villarreal 2 - 1 Everton FT.

No big surprises either. Big Dunc on. Launch balls into box. Big Dunc heads. Big Dunc misses.
Err Crouch?
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bent is ****, couldn't control the ball and he can't finish
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Err Crouch?
Different sort of player to the tampon. He's actually better with his feet than his head. :s:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bent is ****, couldn't control the ball and he can't finish
Can't blame Bent, we should have created more chances anyway, we didn't do enough to get even a draw out of the game and got what we deserved in the end.
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Neville was immense, but do you know what the worst thing about the game was?

NO CHANG!!!!!!!!! BLOODY UEFA!!!!!!!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Neville was immense, but do you know what the worst thing about the game was?

NO CHANG!!!!!!!!! BLOODY UEFA!!!!!!!
Went to The Grand National before the game like, had a smooth John Smiths to settle the pre-match nerves, hehe :cool:
mmjp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought Everton were unlucky in some respects, because the first goal set us back a lot, and was totally unexpected. Having said that, I thought that the tactics failed us after 20 minutes and we should have valued possession much more than we did. Villarreal are an excellent passing side and you can't afford to give the ball away to them all the time. On a positive note, it's no shame to lose 2-1 to the thrid best team in Spain, in what wasn't really an unbalanced contest, even though they did eventually deserve to win.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.87%
Labour (156)
49.06%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.29%
Brexit Party (4)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.94%
SNP (7)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.26%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.31%
UKIP (6)
1.89%
Other (0)
0%
None (10)
3.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise