The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
The only time Rooney has supposedly dived is in the match vs Arsenal when he got the penalty. But since then I can't seem to remember him diving. RVN is the most disgraceful diver- he needs a medal. He played OK last night but still lacks some sharpness. I think Ruud and Rooney's partnership will be good.
Apparently, even though there was no contact, the ref was right to award a penalty, according to the rules
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
Unlucky to Everton last night, hehe.

However, I think this whole Essien saga is a complete pile of ***** and he is a right ****.

I personally see him as just another upper middle ranking big game geebag who wants to play for the best, i.e. richest

Chelsea offer him a ridicilous wage , flash cars and big houses and yachts etc and then all of a sudden, he goes from being content at Lyon to being a moaning, greedy, miserable, arrogant ****head intent on ****ing Lyon off and making them out to be the bad guys whilst Chelsea are the ones seen to be 'rescuing' him.

He reckons he can't understand why Lyon are doing this to him. Hmmmm, I'd tell him ****ing why - because they're one of the few clubs are who standing up to Roman, Mourinho and their cronies instead of being bullied and pushed around by a bunch of *****.
u can't keep him there if he wants to go to chelski
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
However, I think this whole Essien saga is a complete pile of ***** and he is a right ****.

I personally see him as just another upper middle ranking big game geebag who wants to play for the best, i.e. richest.
Not the first player to do so. Why do you think Rio Ferdinand went to Leeds and then to Man Utd? :rolleyes:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Seabiscuit)
Afternoon Footie Supporters. To avoid this turning into a Premiership love in, heres Seabiscuit to balance it with some some news from Coca Cola League 2...

LEYTON ORIENT ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN LEAGUE 2 WITH AN 100% RECORD AFTER WINNING BOTH GAMES!

It all kicked on Saturday. Leyton Orient 2 - 1 Macclesfield Town. Super sub Efe Echanomi also scored the biggest absolute peetake of the season thus far (look out for it on Soccer AM). He rounds the keeper in stoppage time, and WALKS the ball to the line and then stops on it... The crowd goes mental.

[url]http://www.leytonorient.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/a6/73/0,,10439~2716582,00.jpg[/imgl]

Before literally tapping it in - QUALITY!

He then tops it off with his trademark celebration of about 8 backflips in a row:

http://www.leytonorient.premiumtv.co...2716583,00.jpg

He then tops it off with his trademark celebration of about 8 backflips in a row:

http://www.leytonorient.premiumtv.c...~2716583,00.jpg

Now yesterday, I made the 5 hour journey from London to Bury to watch Leyton Orient take on Bury FC. We dominated the game and won 2-1 letting a consolation goal in early which took us to the top of League 2 once more! Our support was vocal, the team were fantastic and I got home last night at half 3 in the morning... GET INNNN
The links don't seem to work
Reloaded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Unlucky to Everton last night, hehe.

I personally see him as just another upper middle ranking big game geebag who wants to play for the best, i.e. richest

Chelsea offer him a ridicilous wage , flash cars and big houses and yachts etc and then all of a sudden, he goes from being content at Lyon to being a moaning, greedy, miserable, arrogant ****head intent on ****ing Lyon off and making them out to be the bad guys whilst Chelsea are the ones seen to be 'rescuing' him.

He reckons he can't understand why Lyon are doing this to him. Hmmmm, I'd tell him ****ing why - because they're one of the few clubs are who standing up to Roman, Mourinho and their cronies instead of being bullied and pushed around by a bunch of *****.
agreed. well said mate
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
How would you have settled it then?
Longer halves for the extra time. :cool:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
u can't keep him there if he wants to go to chelski
Well, you can. He's just questioning (well, stating, actually) his motives for moving Chelski
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Both teams were absolutely knackered. Any longer and it'd have become dangerous.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I think the better team won the game, there's no doubt about that, and Sorin in particular for them was outstanding, by far the Man of the Match.
However, you have to question the tactics of their players in this game, their keeper needed the physio to come on 3 times during the match, yes, three times! Diving, whinging, cheating, didn't expect any different, it's a shame english clubs aren't like that sometimes, especially when the referee is conned by it time and time again.
Welcome to European Football.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Well, you can.
No you can't. Freedom of movement - Bosman :eek:
Reloaded
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hopefully Leyton Orient can stay top for longer, unlike last season. and maybe Dagenham & Redbridge can finally escape the conference black hole
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Both teams were absolutely knackered. Any longer and it'd have become dangerous.
A replay then dammit. It's never nice losing on penalty kicks.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Welcome to European Football.
The keeper landed flat on his back and would have needed treatment - Cahill had to be taken off anyway. And the extra time was twice as long as specified.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
A replay then dammit. It's never nice losing on penalty kicks.
It's never nice losing a Champions' League Final? I think penalties were in their favour anyway.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And then, when all the players are too tired to play any longer, and the two keepers are running around trying to tackle eachother while dodging all the semi-comatose players on the floor around them, and everyone's switched off cos the novelty has worn off from seeing it five times this season already. Then, with no goals, what should they do. Decide that actually it's only a game, they both tried their hardest and both deserve to win it equally. The important thing is that they played. So they go home happy in the knowledge that they entertained everyone and got a decent amount of exercise. I'm sure the fans won't mind, they got to see a game of football after all.

b*****ks!
:p:
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No you can't. Freedom of movement - Bosman :eek:
At least this summer they can. When does his contract expire? I'm assuming it's at least another two years
Seabiscuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apologies lads - links now fixed.

Cheers Reloader - Last time we had this good a start to the season, we went to the playoffs in Cardiff! I don't mind the Daggers so much, really should be in the League with us if it werent for those cheating bstds Boston United...

PS

1 Leyton Orient 2 2 6
2 Darlington 2 2 4
3 Cheltenham 2 1 4
4 Barnet 2 1 4
5 Chester 2 1 4
6 Grimsby 2 1 4
7 Wycombe 2 1 4
8 Carlisle 2 1 4
9 Rushden & D'monds 2 1 4
10 Notts County 2 1 4
11 Wrexham 2 1 3
12 Rochdale 2 0 3
13 Lincoln City 2 0 2
14 Oxford Utd 1 0 1
15 Torquay 1 0 1
16 Macclesfield 2 -1 1
17 Bristol Rovers 2 -1 1
18 Mansfield 2 -1 1
19 Northampton 2 -1 1
20 Stockport 2 -2 1
21 Shrewsbury 1 -1 0
22 Bury 2 -2 0
23 Boston Utd 1 -2 0
24 Peterborough 2 -2 0

NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Villareal diving didn't surprise me to be honest. Look at Barcelona.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly, I'm questioning his motives.

Would he even be guaranteed a regular place in the Chelski squad seen as he is up against Lampard, Makelele, Robben, Duff, Cole and Tiago and no doubt a few others.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Exactly, I'm questioning his motives.

Would he even be guaranteed a regular place in the Chelski squad seen as he is up against Lampard, Makelele, Robben, Duff, Cole and Tiago and no doubt a few others.
Doubt it. There's an article on the bbc.com that i can't be arsed to find, that says he's not as good going forward as Lamps, not a holding mid like Maka, and unlikely to get a place on the wings with the amount of competition there. I can't understand why they want him. Squad rotation maybe? Mour has said that he wants two world class players for each position
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (179)
18.76%
Labour (488)
51.15%
Liberal Democrats (129)
13.52%
Green Party (55)
5.77%
Brexit Party (15)
1.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.42%
SNP (15)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.63%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)