Report 15 years ago
Arca is Sunderlands best player.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
I'd expect corners to actually beat the first man, and free kicks on the edge of the box not to be blazed 20 feet over the bar!
It's really not much better than Premiership standards though. I swear about 20 times more corners fail to beat the first man than those that do. Not sure about the 20 feet too high free-kicks though...
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Very surprised that its Palace through the final.

If West Ham go through tomorrow, then it means there will definetly be another London team in the Premiership next season.
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Very surprised that its Palace through the final.

If West Ham go through tomorrow, then it means there will definetly be another London team in the Premiership next season.
hopefully that wont happen.

i would have prefered to play s'land in final though, they would be easier to beat. no offence. got to win tonight first though (stomach churns).

glad it was mcateer who missed a pen, really dislike the guy. that other guy though - what an idiot! hope he kept out of mick mcarthy's way!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amyitfc)
hopefully that wont happen.

i would have prefered to play s'land in final though, they would be easier to beat. no offence. got to win tonight first though (stomach churns).

glad it was mcateer who missed a pen, really dislike the guy. that other guy though - what an idiot! hope he kept out of mick mcarthy's way!
1-0 to westham could be anothergame with extra time :eek:
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
so its westham vs crystal palace should be a wicked final!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
couldve done a sunderland-palace, shame the 90th minute shot hit the post :eek:
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
so its westham vs crystal palace should be a wicked final!
woooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

f-ing brilliant, is the night of the nottingham summer party, cmon you irons!!!!!
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Getting knocked out of the play offs is the worst thing that can happen to a football fan. That's twice in the last few years its happened to us. Its worse than losing a cup final. Its worse than getting relegated. Its worse than being pipped to the title. You have to resign yourself to the fact that you're going to be playing another season in a **** league, when you could have been going up.
And in Ipswich's case, they have to see Norwich go up.
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
And in Ipswich's case, they have to see Norwich go up.
mwahahahaha

sunderland did deserve to go up far more than palace, gutted about that score

*glory glory west ham united! *
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
West Ham United! Bubbles Everywhere...

so its WH vs Palace, im gonna be supporting west ham, cmon you hammers
Suzi Q
Report 15 years ago
Getting knocked out of the play offs is the worst thing that can happen to a football fan. That's twice in the last few years its happened to us. Its worse than losing a cup final. Its worse than getting relegated. Its worse than being pipped to the title. You have to resign yourself to the fact that you're going to be playing another season in a **** league, when you could have been going up.
Worse is losing in the play-off finals. We (QPR) had Cardiff last year at the Millenium Stadium... Probably one of the worst draws to have had. After the match they directed our cars back through the centre of town and their fans were looking for fights... and thats with them winning. I'd have hated to see what would have happened if they had lost. But then it is a bit pathetic that most Cardiff fans hate English fans considering they play all English teams. If they hate us that much why don't they set up their own little league???
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Tell me about it. Remember 1998, Sunderland v Charlton? Flaming 4-4 it was, should have had the game sewn up but we had a complete numpty of a goalie in Lionel Perez, thought he was superman flying out for a cross he'd never have reached. Then up steps Mickey Gray for a penalty...
LOL Lionel Perez, guess who he is a keeper for now?!? Stevenage Borough!!!!
A Mighty good one for them aswell.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
And I bet they're wondering how they can get rid of the useless git.
He is wicked.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Does he still have that outrageously bad hair?

Indeed long and down to his shoulders.

Just looks like any normal french geezer though.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Some England players get their place even if they've done nothing to deserve it particularly, and nobody questions why they are there. Examples:

Sol '2nd touch is a sliding tackle' Campbell - Never questioned, ever, despite not being able to trap a bag of cement.

Nicky Butt - Why oh why? Surely Gerrard is infinitely superior in a similar role, why make room for Butt?

Paul Scholes - 'Best midfielder in the world' according to Ron Atkinson; why when he can't tackle, his only discernible strength is knocking a few goals in, and not all that many goals at that?

Gary Neville - Surely there must be a better full back than this clown, its amazing he hasn't given away more penalties than he has as he seems to like to do the tango with forwards at corners.

David Beckham - Simply will never, ever be dropped, no matter what he does - guaranteed place.

Michael Owen - Another one who can't seem to lose his place no matter what his performances are like.
IMO From that list Scholes, Beckham and Sol deserve their place.
Gery Neville, i know...what a clown! His average goal tally per season is -3

Back to Perez for a sec, he was injured in March by ex Stevenage Super-star Grazioli (whom scored against Newcastle in FA Cup , but was later stolen by BArnet :mad: ). And Perez has been out since then with a broken leg and it is feared that he will never play again
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
Thought you were a supporter, and you only just found that out...

Oh well, that's a shame. I used to think he was ok til he let that goal in against Charlton. Hope he's sorted for cash!
Which bit did i just find out? The only bit I just found out was that he was injured by Grazioli, knew all the rest. I knew he was injured, but not by whom.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Some England players get their place even if they've done nothing to deserve it particularly, and nobody questions why they are there. Examples:

Sol '2nd touch is a sliding tackle' Campbell - Never questioned, ever, despite not being able to trap a bag of cement.

Nicky Butt - Why oh why? Surely Gerrard is infinitely superior in a similar role, why make room for Butt?

Paul Scholes - 'Best midfielder in the world' according to Ron Atkinson; why when he can't tackle, his only discernible strength is knocking a few goals in, and not all that many goals at that?

Gary Neville - Surely there must be a better full back than this clown, its amazing he hasn't given away more penalties than he has as he seems to like to do the tango with forwards at corners.

David Beckham - Simply will never, ever be dropped, no matter what he does - guaranteed place.

Michael Owen - Another one who can't seem to lose his place no matter what his performances are like.
I don't think you can drop Beckham because he can always pull out something special (although I don't particularly rate him), Campbell (pace and strength that without Rio we are really lacking), or Neville and Owen, merely due to lack of replacements. Scholes however I agree has not earned his place and Lampard without doubt deserves a place in the team ahead of him. I think for Man U he does more than just scoring goals, and he is a very talented individual, but for England his influence has recently been minimal. It's not just about the lack of goals, his brilliant vision also seems to completely desert him.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I agree although I don't think he's quite so good for Man U as you do. For a real good quality attacking midfielder, see Robert Pires - miles better than Scholes in every way and scores more goals, how can England ever hope to compete with the best?
Oooh... They're very different players. Scholes has a far greater range of passing and is also probably a better reader of the game. On the other hand Pires is faster and better at beating a man. They obviously tend to play in different positions as well. With regard to goals I think they are just different when it comes to taking their chances. Pires will tend to place his shots, Scholes will just rocket them into the corner. I don't think you can really compare the two players though. If anything, Scholes is more like Ljungberg (who's had a very poor season).
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Todays football headlines:

(1)
Chelsea to make mega £30M bid for Liverpool's Gerrard

Chelsea are preparing a mega £30 million offer for Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard.
The Independent says Chelsea's owner Roman Abramovich has approved the biggest * and most ambitious * bid from the club since he took charge.

The club's chief executive, Peter Kenyon, is free to use as much money as he needs to tempt Liverpool and their captain.

Chelsea are willing to make Gerrard a contract offer worth over £100,000-a-week and their interest is sure to test Liverpool's resolve.

Liverpool rebuffed Chelsea 12 months ago when Abramovich picked Gerrard out as an initial target. They were willing to pay around £20m then, but now he is worth more.

(2)

Spanish striker Fernando Morientes is interested in a move to England and is proud to be linked with clubs like Arsenal and Chelsea.

Morientes is still a Real Madrid player, but has been on loan at Monaco this season and has played a big part in the French side's run to the Champions League final. The 28-year-old is the leading scorer in Europe's top club competition with nine goals.

(3)

David Beckham appears to be the latest high-profile signing to the Kabbalah faith.

The England footballer was spotted wearing the distinctive red string Kabbalah band just a week after his wife, Victoria, was also snapped wearing a similar bracelet.

The Kabbalah faith, which is based on ancient Jewish teachings, already has a string of celebrity devotees.

Madonna, Britney Spears and Demi Moore are all followers of the faith, which promises good fortune and love to those who live by its teachings.

Beckham was pictured wearing the bracelet during a testimonial match for Arsenal's Martin Keown earlier this week.

The star is said to be considering a return to the UK and has been rumoured to be signing with Chelsea.

exciting
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (261)
47.98%
No (61)
11.21%
I'm not old enough (222)
40.81%

Watched Threads