The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I suppose it could be possible. Joe Cole is technically an attacking midfielder, and I suppose Robben could be left free to roam. But Duff last? I'd pick him over any of the others!
:ditto: I would have picked Duff first, partnered with Robben. They are good together.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So then Chelskyites, who would you preferred wingers be from the 4 you have?
Robben left, Duff second left
SWP right Cole second right
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
:ditto: I would have picked Duff first, partnered with Robben. They are good together.
Apart from Duff, they all seem kinda lightweight. They can pull their tricks, and SWP is defo fast, but I couldn't trust them to track back and protect the full backs. That's why Makalele's so important for your team.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
Robben left, Duff second left
SWP right Cole second right
I agree.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I agree.
So do I
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Hyypia's signed a new contract, until 2008! I reckon they want to continue in a coaching role after a while, as I don't see him playing top flight in 3 years' time?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He'll be back up from next year anyway and we'll need his experience.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
So do I
We all agree. Yayness.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
He'll be back up from next year anyway and we'll need his experience.
If he takes Whitbred under his wing, I'll be happy. I don't think he had a bad season, it's just there are holes. Nothing wrong with his positioning or defending, but he's slowing down, which is noticeable alongside Carragher.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He never had any pace to lose though. He's been on a downward slide for the last 2-3 years unfortunately and that includes his positioning. It's a great shame we couldn't get Milito.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
He never had any pace to lose though. He's been on a downward slide for the last 2-3 years unfortunately and that includes his positioning. It's a great shame we couldn't get Milito.
Militio would have been a useful player, and certainly a better option than Andrade who everyone's raving about. He may be quick and scores goals, but he's not Premiership material. That's not to say he's no quality, but he's lightweight and Rafa likes his tall players. Complete speculation, but I'd much rather a Metzelder or even Granqvist despite his relative inexperience.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Militio would have been a useful player, and certainly a better option than Andrade who everyone's raving about. He may be quick and scores goals, but he's not Premiership material. That's not to say he's no quality, but he's lightweight and Rafa likes his tall players. Complete speculation, but I'd much rather a Metzelder or even Granqvist despite his relative inexperience.
Don't know where you got that from. Milito and Ayala are tiny to give two examples.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Don't know where you got that from. Milito and Ayala are tiny.
I think he's generally trying to build on the height and physicality of our team - which is partly where we were elt down last season IMO. We just needed to get stuck in more, win our share of high balls etc. That could have been part of the reasoning behind players like Crouch and Sissoko. Obviously there were other factors in their purchases, but their height is definitely a positive.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Old news but never mind, Souness is a ********* http://football.guardian.co.uk/Colum...344901,00.html
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You too can manage a club just like Souness. Follow these simple rules and you will soon be on your way to making lots of money from early contract terminations and backhanders from Sky. While you are fleetingly employed, you will also get the satisfaction of completely stuffing another club (possibly for up to 10 years) like Liverplod.

All you have to do is:-

1) Create such harmony that players actually fight on the pitch and then do nothing about it.

2) Make sure you play at least one out and out racist thug in your multi-national team.

3) Give one of your old clubs (like Rangers) 8m for a player they got on a free 6 months earlier.

4) Sell all the creative players you inherit and replace them with cloggers (like you did at Southampton and Blackburn)

5) Make wild and inaccurate statements to the press (on a daily basis if you can) about bids you are making for players who you know will never have anything to do with you.

6) Always make sure that you underperform relative to Fulham (let them win the Div 1 title and don't win the Intertoto)

7) When a club based to the south of you fails in a bid for a player because he doesnt want to move North, tell the press that you are after him.

8) Be sure to do this at a club with a great tradition who get at least 50,000 fanatical customers a week so that you can annoy the maximum number of people.

:toofunny:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
9) Always make sure an excuse is at hand when losing matches, the best team never wins
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i think mourinho's and cole's fine from the tapping up saga has been reduced both to £75k after their appeals
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/...SP?HLID=298044
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And the appeal costed them?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
And the appeal costed them?
well for mourinho he wont take any more action so thats it for legal fees - i doubt it costed him £125k

but that link i posted says cole may appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
but that link i posted says cole may appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport
Well AS Roma did it so he probably could.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (159)
47.46%
No (42)
12.54%
I'm not old enough (134)
40%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed