Watch
This discussion is closed.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
if we're talking comebacks i'll say Chelsea v Barca over the two legs this year

first leg chelsea drew first blood through duff's deflected cross which meant the own goal, otherwise J.Cole would have had it
then Lopez and Eto'o score 2 leaving the agg 2-1 barca

after a load of media hype over the mourinho/frisk/rikjaard incident and a ****ging enslaught from eto'o we came to the second leg at stamford bridge
much like the three liverpool scored in that game in may, first 15/20 minutes saw gudjohnsen, lampard and duff put the blues 3-0 up but a Ronaldinho penalty and a moment of his brazilian magic saw Chelsea on the verge of being knocked out

but on the 76th minute Terry scored from one of Chelsea's set pieces (not without a bit of controversity form Carvalho) saw Chelsea through 5-4
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think United's was becasue if we won we'd win the treble. I'm not saying that Liverpools was crap but as a United fan I'm gonna go for Uniteds.
So if Chelsea ever did the quadruple (assuming the CL game had a come back etc) that would supercede United's treble? :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
if we're talking comebacks i'll say Chelsea v Barca over the two legs this year

first leg chelsea drew first blood through duff's deflected cross which meant the own goal, otherwise J.Cole would have had it
then Lopez and Eto'o score 2 leaving the agg 2-1 barca

after a load of media hype over the mourinho/frisk/rikjaard incident and a ****ging enslaught from eto'o we came to the second leg at stamford bridge
much like the three liverpool scored in that game in may, first 15/20 minutes saw gudjohnsen, lampard and duff put the blues 3-0 up but a Ronaldinho penalty and a moment of his brazilian magic saw Chelsea on the verge of being knocked out

but on the 76th minute Terry scored from one of Chelsea's set pieces (not without a bit of controversity form Carvalho) saw Chelsea through 5-4
The controversial goal from Terry was justified given Barcelona's diving in the first leg and a source confirmed Mourinho's claim that Frisk was approached three times by Rijkaard, which, unsurprisingly, was left out in UEFA's reports of the disrepute charge.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
So if Chelsea ever did the quadruple (assuming the CL game had a come back etc) that would supercede United's treble? :p:
With the Carling Cup... Be Proud... I'm sure Fergie could have won the league cup in 99' if he actually wanted it! (God that hurt to say that)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
With the Carling Cup... Be Proud... I'm sure Fergie could have won the league cup in 99' if he actually wanted it! (God that hurt to say that)
Possibly he could but we will never know. You're telling me you see Man Utd as a bigger rivalry than Chelsea? Surely not? :eek:
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
liverpool winning 2 - 0
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Now, Villareal v Inter Milan would be a decent fixture.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Possibly he could but we will never know. You're telling me you see Man Utd as a bigger rivalry than Chelsea? Surely not? :eek:
Totally! Ask any gunner regarding recent rivalries and they will say that the Utd rivalry superceeds any other rivalry atm. I have never seen as much agression on the pitch in a premiership game as that as an Arsenal Vs Utd match. Even that btw us and the yidos!

Lets face it Chelsea have only become a serious threat for cups and the title in the last two seasons
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
liverpool winning 2 - 0
2-1 now.. good goal as well!
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i would say arsenal - man u is a bigger rivalry dispite the tapping up incident, 2003/04 CL 1/4 final etc. as they have the unbeaten run end thanks to Man U, also who could forget Keowns face at i think RVN
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Their unbeaten run was long overdue, just as Fulham and Portsmouth fans.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Totally! Ask any gunner regarding recent rivalries and they will say that the Utd rivalry superceeds any other rivalry atm. I have never seen as much agression on the pitch in a premiership game as that as an Arsenal Vs Utd match. Even that btw us and the yidos!

Lets face it Chelsea have only become a serious threat for cups and the title in the last two seasons
True. And you will notice there is a difference when you see Arsenal play against Chelsea than Arsenal against Man Utd. Okay, the FA Community Shield wasn't the greatest games in terms of discipline and respect but previous games between the two London sides have often been decent and I hope it remains like this. I don't like Pizzagate.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i would say arsenal - man u is a bigger rivalry dispite the tapping up incident, 2003/04 CL 1/4 final etc. as they have the unbeaten run end thanks to Man U, also who could forget Keowns face at i think RVN
Iconic image for me
Attached files
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is he doing the Haka? :rolleyes:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
True. And you will notice there is a difference when you see Arsenal play against Chelsea than Arsenal against Man Utd. Okay, the FA Community Shield wasn't the greatest games in terms of discipline and respect but previous games between the two London sides have often been decent and I hope it remains like this. I don't like Pizzagate.
You and Pizzagate!

The match against Utd in November was probably one of the worse matches I've ever seen (and days of my life) on so many different levels.
There is of course the obvious, and the fact that the game basically never really got of the ground for how violent it was I can't recall any great, even good football at all.. it was like one big brawl
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh I like calling it Pizzagate, reminds me of Watergate and that's American and errmmm some takeover by some American tycoon etc. :rolleyes:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is he doing the Haka? :rolleyes:
Explanation!
Attached files
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yey - 3-1 and el moro getting a brace...
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the 1990's was such a class era for football, so much better than the game 2day

at least in the 1990's most footballers were british and all foreign players were either amazing or good.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Iconic image for me
i was thinking of the other image - where keown's nearly head height
Attached files
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.62%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.26%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.87%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.75%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.43%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed