The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I never knew '****' was a swearword and I'm actually a Liverpool supporter.

How petty that he names Terry, Ferdinand, King and Campbell as the best 4 CB's in the premiership and leaves out Carragher.

Terry cannot head
Ferdinand is a greedy cokehead who is prone to mistakes
Campbell - well his place is at threat from Senderos, (Yes I said Senderos)
King - well, receives far more hype than he deserved.

Your manager spends far too much time talking about pointless ***** and it is clear Liverpool have got under his skin.

Bravo Rafa, bravo.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
Proof that Jose is a ****, if ever we needed more.
That (and it kills me to say it) makes him sound alright
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
His place is not at threat!

And the back four he suggested bar king (who will feature, but may not be first choice) is probably very correct
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

How petty that he names Terry, Ferdinand, King and Campbell as the best 4 CB's in the premiership and leaves out Carragher.

Terry cannot head

Your manager spends far too much time talking about pointless ***** and it is clear Liverpool have got under his skin.

Bravo Rafa, bravo.
Terry can't head?
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
I hate to admit it but I think Liverpool are going to be a stronger team this year and could well sneak up behind everyone if they are not careful. Rafa's style of management is very similiar to God's and they chat regularly. :p:
No they'll come in 4th and they'll be happy with it
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Terry cannot head

Bravo Rafa, bravo.
Oh contrair... 'Pool aint got under his skin, why should they? What have they won, oh yes the CL. The only reason why they got to defend it is because people in high places voted for them, not because they played well in the Premiership. As I said before, Rafa and he are on good terms.
JT scores most of his goals with head. I have to agree with you about Ferdinand, never did like him or Campbell or King.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Carragher has had 2 outstanding seasons for us and only recently has he got the credit he deserved.

Still though, if you rebuke Jose in a final, be warned, a few months later he will ***** about you in the press.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago

Terry cannot head

Bravo Rafa, bravo.
I think that's a wee bit harsh, although Moaninho's blatantly feeling the strain, and is jealous of our European Championship. Hence the roughing up, dismissiveness of our players and of our threat. Terry, grudgingly, has been fantastic for Chelsea. Playing Carragher alongside him wouldn't be tactically astute, as they'd lack a fair bit of pace and height between them. Campbell's past it, and King's overhyped. Unfortunately, Sven likes to pick the hyped players rather than those who get the job done, and Maureen and Fergie would have a right strop.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Carragher has had 2 outstanding seasons for us and only recently has he got the credit he deserved.

Still though, if you rebuke Jose in a final, be warned, a few months later he will ***** about you in the press.
Why not? Everyone has *****ed about Chelski since Roman came in.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I think that's a wee bit harsh, although Moaninho's blatantly feeling the strain, and is jealous of our European Championship. Hence the roughing up, dismissiveness of our players and of our threat. Terry, grudgingly, has been fantastic for Chelsea. Playing Carragher alongside him wouldn't be tactically astute, as they'd lack a fair bit of pace and height between them. Campbell's past it, and King's overhyped. Unfortunately, Sven likes to pick the hyped players rather than those who get the job done, and Maureen and Fergie would have a right strop.
Yes I agree with most of that, good post.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why not? Everyone has *****ed about Chelski since Roman came in.
Because what he is doing to the game is worth *****ing about.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He is doing nothing that any other manager with the funds available wouldn't do if they were in his shoes. :p:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hes made it better imo
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh, and if the people in high places voted us in they didn't half do us over by plomping us in the first qualifying round and giving us the potential for less money than we might recieve if we went into the Uefa cup.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
He is doing nothing that any other manager with the funds available wouldn't do if they were in his shoes. :p:
To be fair, any other manager wouldn't call himself "the Special One", unashamedly tap players up illegally, proclaim the "the best team lost" when the got knocked out of europe etc...
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh, and if the people in high places voted us in they didn't half do us over by plomping us in the first qualifying round and giving us the potential for less money than we might recieve if we went into the Uefa cup.
You can't have it all I am afraid.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh, we're talking about Jose because your post referred to what has happened since Roman came to Chelsea.

I'm not getting at Jose for having pots of roubels behind him but I think the effects upon the transfer market are disgraceful.

Players like Essien abandoning a team that he arguably loved just because a Russian scumbag waves a few notes in front of him.

Same with Adu - happy with playing in America, Kenyon does a little scouting and all of a sudden, Chelsea are his bestest most favouritiest club ever in da world!!!!!!

Get lost.
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You didn't finish in the top 4 and its only fair to other teams you were placed in the first qualifying round. All the 4 other english teams get less money as a result of you coming in, its only fair you get less money.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
To be fair, any other manager wouldn't call himself "the Special One", unashamedly tap players up illegally, proclaim the "the best team lost" when the got knocked out of europe etc...
If they had an ego as big as his they would. He knows he is good, the man oozes confidence and all this has rubbed off on the team. To be good you need to believe you are good. Arsenal and Man Utd were the same a few years back. As for tapping up, it became so public because of all the hype with Chelsea. I am sure other managers are guilty of the same, just didn't get caught! Like Jose I beleive the 'best team' did lose, but I am biased.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
You didn't finish in the top 4 and its only fair to other teams you were placed in the first qualifying round. All the 4 other english teams get less money as a result of you coming in, its only fair you get less money.
Neither did Madrid but they got a nice cut of the spanish tv revenue.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (59)
19.28%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
20.92%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.95%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (65)
21.24%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.13%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.48%

Watched Threads