The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I agree the way it has effected the transfer market is messed up, it has all been majorly skewed in Chelseas direction. Meaning we all have to wait around for Chelsea to do their bidding and fight for the scraps after.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
Oh, we're talking about Jose because your post referred to what has happened since Roman came to Chelsea.

I'm not getting at Jose for having pots of roubels behind him but I think the effects upon the transfer market are disgraceful.

Players like Essien abandoning a team that he arguably loved just because a Russian scumbag waves a few notes in front of him.

Same with Adu - happy with playing in America, Kenyon does a little scouting and all of a sudden, Chelsea are his bestest most favouritiest club ever in da world!!!!!!

Get lost.
But he didnt love them that much. He didnt want to stay there, he wanted to come to Chelsea and to be honest, wouldn't you go where the money is?? Rooney did. I know I blooming well would. The world clearly revolves around money.
Oh and calling Roman a scumbag is clearly slander and may land you in court.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Neither did Madrid but they got a nice cut of the spanish tv revenue.
but there were only 4 spanish teams in the CL then
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
but there were only 4 spanish teams in the CL then
But at the expense of Zaragoza was it not.

There would have been national outrage had Everton been booted out at the expense of us and fair enough, I wouldn't have wanted that.

But why should we be blamed for being entered into the CL, much of the work was done by Uefa officials if I'm not mistaken and the hype that the British media put on the win and how we should be allowed to defend it (plus teams like Everton and Manure).

Cheers. I felt the same way about Bruce Willis after Die Hard.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
But he didnt love them that much. He didnt want to stay there, he wanted to come to Chelsea and to be honest, wouldn't you go where the money is?? Rooney did. I know I blooming well would. The world clearly revolves around money.
Libel... [/pedant]

Tha' just the thing, Essien did love the club. But Kenyon got his claws into him and has been whispering poison into his ear - a la Terry/Lampard with Gerrard. Speaking of Gerrard, he didn't go to follow the money, neither have a fair few players, and I respect them all the more for it.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He agreed to stay another year, even contract talks were underway with a 1 yr extension on the cards and Roman swoops in with a nice big wage, new cars, yachts and houses etc and all of a sudden, Essien won't play in the Lyon shirt again and he is now training with the reserves.

I don't think it was about money with Rooney as much as it is with Essien. Everton were shoddy the season before last and Rooney knew he had to move in order to further himself.

Essien moving to Chelsea will have unknown effects, I mean christ how many more midfielders do you need. Even Duff might be on his way out if Essien moves.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He agreed to stay another year, even contract talks were underway with a 1 yr extension on the cards and Roman swoops in with a nice big wage, new cars, yachts and houses etc and all of a sudden, Essien won't play in the Lyon shirt again and he is now training with the reserves.

I don't think it was about money with Rooney as much as it is with Essien. Everton were shoddy the season before last and Rooney knew he had to move in order to further himself.

Essien moving to Chelsea will have unknown effects, I mean christ how many more midfielders do you need. Even Duff might be on his way out if Essien moves.
Duff will stay.
I wonder what will happen if Chelsea win both the FA cup and the league title?? Will they play against themselves? :eek: I mean, we have enough players to be able to do so. Ooopps, sorry that's me being arrogant. :p:
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, and more than enough players to ruin.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, and more than enough players to ruin.
ROFLMAO!! Ruin! What are you talking about now??
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Duff will stay.
I wonder what will happen if Chelsea win both the FA cup and the league title?? Will they play against themselves? :eek: I mean, we have enough players to be able to do so. Ooopps, sorry that's me being arrogant. :p:
You play the team in 2nd.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Duff will stay.
i think second place would get the community shield place - then again chelsea v chelsea would basically be a training match
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Duff will stay.
You play the 2nd place team... its happened to Arsenal and Utd... its not that special!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
agents are to blame rather than the clubs for unsettling players with the extortionate fees they can potentially net e.g. Stretford and co
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ChelseaBabe - you should know that.

No wait, you only started to learn stuff about trophies circa 2003.

Silly me.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
agents are to blame rather than the clubs for unsettling players with the extortionate fees they can potentially net e.g. Stretford and co
I agree there, it is the Agents who hold out for more.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Silly me.
Actually you are right there, anything before don't matter cos Chelsea weren't in it!!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Silly me.
LOL!!!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago

Silly me.
Come off that dude, it's not a smart comment to have made.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I agree the way it has effected the transfer market is messed up, it has all been majorly skewed in Chelseas direction. Meaning we all have to wait around for Chelsea to do their bidding and fight for the scraps after.
Man Utd used to do this, now they get a taste of their own medicine.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Silly me.
Oh and Joe, the names Cindy, Cindy with a 'C'.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (52)
19.55%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (59)
22.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
18.8%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.68%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.4%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
9.4%

Watched Threads