Neville !!!!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
which one
No, I said I reckon Neville will be right proud.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
No, I said I reckon Neville will be right proud.
Mr Neville of course. :cool:
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Btw, where do you reckon Owen will end up moving to? Or will he stay? I can't believe that he'd go to Newcastle-they're not in the Champions League. He'd be going down a level, which England don't need.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Btw, where do you reckon Owen will end up moving to? Or will he stay? I can't believe that he'd go to Newcastle-they're not in the Champions League. He'd be going down a level, which England don't need.
I think we'll find out when Milan Baros finally leaves Liverpool...
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
I think we'll find out when Milan Baros finally leaves Liverpool...
to preferably not Everton
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I agree. It seems his best option would be Man Utd. I wouldn't mind him being at Chelsea if it weren't for two strikers being recalled to Stamford Bridge (Crespo and Carlton Cole).
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I agree. It seems his best option would be Man Utd. I wouldn't mind him being at Chelsea if it weren't for two strikers being recalled to Stamford Bridge (Crespo and Carlton Cole).
What about Liverpool? Their gaffer hasn't yet ruled it out, and plus, he's letting Baros go I think. Whoops, just read above comment. I wish Arsenal had gone for Owen!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
What about Liverpool? Their gaffer hasn't yet ruled it out, and plus, he's letting Baros go I think. Whoops, just read above comment. I wish Arsenal had gone for Owen!
For some reason a lot of people don't want Owen back. Arsenal should have gone for Owen and would have been a better bet than trying for Baptista. We know that Brazilians like the Spanish league and sometimes they can flop in the English league, plus we know what Owen's calibre is in the Premiership too.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Interestingly, it appears that Rodney is in Sven's top quartet of strikers - Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch - ahead of AJ.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Interestingly, it appears that Rodney is in Sven's top quartet of strikers - Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch - ahead of AJ.
Obviously. Scott Sinclair should be an England striker in 4 years time.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Doubt it. In four years' time, all of our current lot will be in the prime.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mr Neville of course. :cool:
Woopie!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Doubt it. In four years' time, all of our current lot will be in the prime.
You can easily have injuries and suspensions in the way. Then who says Sven will still be in charge? Who says Sinclair won't get really good by then? Nobody knows, unless you're a prophet.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd love it if Everton beat Man Ure tomorrow, with Phil Neville netting the winner, of course :cool:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
You can easily have injuries and suspensions in the way. Then who says Sven will still be in charge? Who says Sinclair won't get really good by then? Nobody knows, unless you're a prophet.
He's what, 16? It's far too early to be predicting great things, especially considering the fact that he's going to rot in your reserves, behind any other moviestar striker Uncle Roman sets his eyes upon.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I wish Arsenal had gone for Owen!
For some reason a lot of people don't want Owen back. Arsenal should have gone for Owen and would have been a better bet than trying for Baptista. We know that Brazilians like the Spanish league and sometimes they can flop in the English league, plus we know what Owen's calibre is in the Premiership too.
I disagree, a player like Owen wouldn't suit Arsenals style of play at all... I think it would be a disaster if he moved to us. Owen is a striker he is use to supplied balls within the area to score goals. All current Arsenal attackers atm (Henry, Reyes, Van Persie and Bergkamp) are all forward, they can create their own chances and consequently use the ball more creatively and techinically than Owen. Owen therefore would be in short supply of the ball, and the balls he would get supplied in a team consisting of those that deliver into the area such as Man Utd would be severely lacking at Arsenal.
Baptista on the otherhand is an Arsenal type player, his quick footed to suit our quick tempo game, techinacally agile: a given to be in the Arsenal squad because of our flair and creativity, and versatile as he has the ability to play as a forward or a midfielder. IMO he would have been an excellent acquisition for the club and would have fitted in well with our diverse squad. Don't take Kleberson as an example of Brazialians gone wrong, he wasn't that good anyway (Fergie has lost all his talent spotting ability years ago, in conjungtion with his old age) And many foreign players have a battle to settle in at Man Utd I don't know why!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I'd love it if Everton beat Man Ure tomorrow, with Phil Neville netting the winner, of course :cool:
I'd like it if u beat Utd tomorrow, good and proper! But I don't want the uglier twin to score
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
James Vaughan!!!!!!!
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I disagree, a player like Owen wouldn't suit Arsenals style of play at all... I think it would be a disaster if he moved to us. Owen is a striker he is use to supplied balls within the area to score goals. All current Arsenal attackers atm (Henry, Reyes, Van Persie and Bergkamp) are all forward, they can create their own chances and consequently use the ball more creatively and techinically than Owen. Owen therefore would be in short supply of the ball, and the balls he would get supplied in a team consisting of those that deliver into the area such as Man Utd would be severely lacking at Arsenal.
I beg to disagree, I think Owen would be an excellent buy for you. He's ready made for the Premiership - 47 goals in his last 2 Liverpool seasons under Houllier can't be bad. He's not the sort of player who scavenges and makes his own balls, he scavenges and feeds. He may lack a couple of yards since his England debut, but he's still the sharpest shooter around. At the end of the day, he likes the ball to his feet, not lobbed over the top. In Arsenal's flowing, pass and move style, this is what he'd be getting. With Henry in his loose role, and quality service from midfield, there should be plenty of balls and service to play from. The only problem I see with him, is his lack of height, which would be noticeable in your already short team. However, he has a knack of getting on the ends of crosses, and scores his share of heads. At the end of the day, with Owen you'd be guaranteed at least 20 goals per season.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (83)
33.6%
No I don't (116)
46.96%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.43%

Watched Threads