The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i think Park is a good buy - bit unlucky with that shot after he superby controlled it
I think he should have passed it to ruud on his second chance, but you can understand him going for glory on his debut. I like the runs that he always makes to create space for himself.
SideView
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sooooo.......what are your predictions for the world cup? I was talking to a couple of friends today (one from Angola and other Nigeria) and they reckon some of african teams stand a good chance. Im really positive at the moment about Englands chances! think theres gonna be any dark horses?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
sooooo.......what are your predictions for the world cup? I was talking to a couple of friends today (one from Angola and other Nigeria) and they reckon some of african teams stand a good chance. Im really positive at the moment about Englands chances! think theres gonna be any dark horses?
I think England have a good chance, but I reckon if we don't win it Sven's going to get fired. I haven't actually thought about the world cup but it's going to be a good contest.
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmmmm yeah.........Sven. I still havent made my mind up about him.... do you think hes passionate enough?... I would like to see a manager thats out there screaming at the players... getting sent to the stands if needs be
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmmmm yeah.........Sven. I still havent made my mind up about him.... do you think hes passionate enough?... I would like to see a manager thats out there screaming at the players... getting sent to the stands if needs be
Same here. I think the only time I've seen an outburst from him was when Portugal scored in Euro 04. I think he's got a defensive mentality which doesn't go with England's playing style. I think he has to go.

Isn't he the most paid manager or sommer- well he's not his moneys worth :mad:
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
although his record for England wins/lose is pretty good isnt it?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
although his record for England wins/lose is pretty good isnt it?
Yeah but he's had a lot of draws aswell. He is a good manager but I hate it when he goes all defensive when we're one nil up. Due to that we always end up losing.
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well see how do in Germany!..... I wont **** him off(yet!) cos if we win it i'll look like a bit of a tit!....
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well see how do in Germany!..... I wont **** him off(yet!) cos if we win it i'll look like a bit of a tit!....
I hope we at least get past the quarter finals in germany. Don't worry I'm not ****ging him off, I'm just still bitter from Euro 2004 :p: I hope we do win it!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just got back from the wigan game, ahhh stupid wiganers singing "we're gonna win the league" what a finish from Crespo though, unlucky at the Chelsea fans who left after 80 minutes
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm gutted for Wigan that they couldn't hold out for a draw. And I swear Chelsea must have slipped the ref some money or something because of the number of descisions against Wigan.
I was very glad that Arsenal beat Newcastle. Parker and their goalie played well to keep Arsenal out for long periods, but we got through in the end. And what a nice goal for Van Persie. One of many this season I feel.
As for whether it was a sending off offence for Jenas... Well, it was dangerous and hard-that merits a sending off offence. People might get away with it, but that tacle could have caused damage!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Why the change of heart?
I reckon that Owen will stay at Madrid until Liverpool come and buy him. I reckon that as soon as Baros has been sold, Owen Benitez will go for Owen, and I hope for Owen's sake he goes. Than he can team up with Gerrard again. It seems as if the Man U-Owen rumours have died down.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Just got back from the wigan game, ahhh stupid wiganers singing "we're gonna win the league" what a finish from Crespo though, unlucky at the Chelsea fans who left after 80 minutes
F*ckin hell, how long did it take you to get back? :rofl:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
F*ckin hell, how long did it take you to get back? :rofl:
had to visit the pubs of wigan after the game and the train was a joke
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I reckon that Owen will stay at Madrid until Liverpool come and buy him. I reckon that as soon as Baros has been sold, Owen Benitez will go for Owen, and I hope for Owen's sake he goes. Than he can team up with Gerrard again. It seems as if the Man U-Owen rumours have died down.
Don't underestimate Rafa in the transfer market, he is an absolute beast. He's also a liar about things too and he also wants to have a lot of fun in buying players, seen as his time at Valencia was pretty uneventful in terms of transfers as the board decided every one of them. (actually one of the reasons he gave for his departure)

I also think the board are gradually leaking news of it to the press too, one of the reasons why the tabloids have been going crazy about us getting him recently.

I think the Baros transfer is pretty much done and as soon as the funds are got from that, Owen will be back.

And praise the lord.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
I think the Baros transfer is pretty much done and as soon as the funds are got from that, Owen will be back.
You know, I think that Liverpool need more goals and they need owen.
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I'm gutted for Wigan that they couldn't hold out for a draw. And I swear Chelsea must have slipped the ref some money or something because of the number of descisions against Wigan.
I was very glad that Arsenal beat Newcastle. Parker and their goalie played well to keep Arsenal out for long periods, but we got through in the end. And what a nice goal for Van Persie. One of many this season I feel.
As for whether it was a sending off offence for Jenas... Well, it was dangerous and hard-that merits a sending off offence. People might get away with it, but that tacle could have caused damage!
even as an arsenal fan i would have given jenas a yellow, it was no way near as bad as some of the other challenges that occured over the weekend plus he did win the ball

hleb put in a good performance and no doubt a rising talent for the future, as for newcastle from what i saw of emre was crap
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
awwww poor Wigan =*(

Charlton are top, AND THATS THE TRUTH!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by esx77)
even as an arsenal fan i would have given jenas a yellow, it was no way near as bad as some of the other challenges that occured over the weekend plus he did win the ball
Thank you, thank you.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Well, it was dangerous and hard-that merits a sending off offence.
I swear people should get the Premier League rule book. God knows how many times Vieira would have been sent off last season then. :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (83)
33.47%
No I don't (117)
47.18%
I work during the holidays (48)
19.35%

Watched Threads