The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
AFAIK reckless challenges are a yellow card offence. 10 game ban? Bloody hell. And Beatie should be behind bars I suppose. :rolleyes:
Yeah, that is a bit harsh. :eek:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I should think at this rate Blackburn will exhaust all of their squad before the Premiership campaign finished at this rate. It seems over the years it's becomg less and less physical to the extent that we'll become La Liga II.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I should think at this rate Blackburn will exhaust all of their squad before the Premiership campaign finished at this rate. It seems over the years it's becomg less and less physical to the extent that we'll become La Liga II.
True, but reckless challenges should never be tolerated.
JoeFen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If Silva would have broken his ankle then there would be no arguing over the red. It was reckless and there was no need to bring in the other foot. Reminds me of the Lampard tackle on Alonso which was also on the bordering a red card IMO.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
True, but reckless challenges should never be tolerated.
Which can be shown by the use of the yellow card.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They tried sticking the bus in front of the goal? :p: :rolleyes:

Good to see Jenas' red card downgraded. It's not the first time Steve Bennett has helped Arsenal apparently.
They didnt just park the bus in front of the goal, they had clamps on the wheels as well.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by JoeFen)
If Silva would have broken his ankle then there would be no arguing over the red. It was reckless and there was no need to bring in the other foot. Reminds me of the Lampard tackle on Alonso which was also on the bordering a red card IMO.
It also reminds me of Aaron Mokoena's tackle during Blackburn v Chelsea and that was bordering on a red card also too - so many points and goals scored were potentially lost when Chelsea lost Robben. They were scoring goals for fun when he got back from injury at the start of the season - from winning 1-0 to 4-0.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It also reminds me of Aaron Mokoena's tackle during Blackburn v Chelsea and that was bordering on a red card also too - so many points and goals scored were potentially lost when Chelsea lost Robben. They were scoring goals for fun when he got back from injury at the start of the season - from winning 1-0 to 4-0.
Same can be said for Gilberto. Arsenal are unbeaten in the last 46, I think, games that he has played for us so he was a massive loss last year and no doubt we would have beaten Chelsea
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Economist)
Arsenal are unbeaten in the last 46, I think, games that he has played for us so he was a massive loss last year and no doubt we would have beaten Chelsea
You can never be sure.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
*sigh*

The system's fine as it is. I'd just like to see greater collaberation and agreement between referees as to what constitutes a cautionable and a sending-off offense. It's the interpretations that create these difficulties, imo, meaning referees make more 'mistakes'. Referees are human I suppose, and I can put my hands up and say that - considering the bad calls against us last season. Then again, Bennet's just a prick.

*ahem*

Champions' League 3QR ties tomorrow and Wednesday... thoughts? It's safe to say that the Bucaneers and Pool should get through. Looking forward to the Everton game already!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Which can be shown by the use of the yellow card.
Recklessness = yellow card? Seems very wrong, recklessness shouldn't be tolerated, and as such a red card should be dished out.
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
*sigh*

The system's fine as it is. I'd just like to see greater collaberation and agreement between referees as to what constitutes a cautionable and a sending-off offense. It's the interpretations that create these difficulties, imo, meaning referees make more 'mistakes'. Referees are human I suppose, and I can put my hands up and say that - considering the bad calls against us last season. Then again, Bennet's just a prick.

*ahem*

Champions' League 3QR ties tomorrow and Wednesday... thoughts? It's safe to say that the Bucaneers and Pool should get through. Looking forward to the Everton game already!
2moro? I thought we play Sofia on the 23rd?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Villarreal/Everton = 24th August.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
2moro? I thought we play Sofia on the 23rd?
Some silly billies aren't there!
So uninformed.. :rolleyes: :cool:
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Some silly billies aren't there!
So uninformed.. :rolleyes: :cool:
Okay now Im confused.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Okay now Im confused.
You're right, he's wrong
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
I'm a week ahead of schedule! :eek:

Woo, another week of dossing around before term starts!

But no Champions' League for another week.

:eek:
JoeFen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Okay I'm with you, hehe

We have Sunderland at home to think about first. I do hope Rafa abandons that 4-5-1 lark as well as playing Djib on the wing.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Essien - £26M - finally confirmed by both clubs. He's flying over for contract talks and medical as we speak.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
woath 26m! Super-Uncool fee ='o
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.21%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.19%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.21%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.19%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.6%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.6%

Watched Threads