This discussion is closed.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
In all competitions yes.
I think Drogba will get more than last season, because he should be used to the premiership.

West Ham have got Bellion on loan, I think we should just sell him to them. I think West Ham might stay up this season.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think Drogba will get more than last season, because he should be used to the premiership.
I agree. And Crespo to score more than he did two seasons ago. :cool:
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
There is talk about Spurs and the Champions League. As a Spurs fan do you think Spurs can break into one of the 4 spots available realistically?
Yes I think we can - we will be challenging with Liverpool for 4th spot I reckon. Usuaully we are battling with them right up until Jan/Feb before we fall away but this season I think we can go all the way and pip them at the post.

We have strength in depth all the way through the team, and, with possible new additions of a LW, and a striker we will be fully equipped to mount a serious title challenge in a few years even.

We must keep our best players though, Mendes and Keane must stay in my opinion, and I don't particularly want Jenas at this point I have to say, certainly not at the expense of those two anyway.

Also, our main fault is not beating the smaller teams - in the six matches against the relegated teams, we only won two. Also, we lost to teams like Portsmouth, which we should be winning - and we beat them on the first day of the season, perhaps even more competititve than one in the middle of the season.

But if we keep our good players, and play to our potential, like we looked like doing last season, I think that Champions League spot could well be ours.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
West Ham have got Bellion on loan, I think we should just sell him to them. I think West Ham might stay up this season.
I reckon West Ham will stay up - and finish mid-table.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Carvalho is moaning - http://www.sportinglife.com/football...&TEAMHD=soccer

He's not that good I don't think. Ah well get used to it or go back to Porto. :rolleyes:

Luckily I opted for del Horno and not Carvalho in my Dream Team then! :p:

Carvalho is immense I have to say - he'd walk straight into our team, even though we have six central defenders!

King and Carvalho would be quality!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Well said.
Welcomes back to Adam, our resident Spurs fan and Neighbours expert!
Well I've only been in the BB thread really - Neighbours thread has a sloweer post rate than the Home and Away thread at the moment, and then I decided I hadn't posted in here for a while, so here I am!
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
Yes I think we can - we will be challenging with Liverpool for 4th spot I reckon. Usuaully we are battling with them right up until Jan/Feb before we fall away but this season I think we can go all the way and pip them at the post.

We have strength in depth all the way through the team, and, with possible new additions of a LW, and a striker we will be fully equipped to mount a serious title challenge in a few years even.

We must keep our best players though, Mendes and Keane must stay in my opinion, and I don't particularly want Jenas at this point I have to say, certainly not at the expense of those two anyway.

Also, our main fault is not beating the smaller teams - in the six matches against the relegated teams, we only won two. Also, we lost to teams like Portsmouth, which we should be winning - and we beat them on the first day of the season, perhaps even more competititve than one in the middle of the season.

But if we keep our good players, and play to our potential, like we looked like doing last season, I think that Champions League spot could well be ours.
Fair enough.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Luckily I opted for del Horno and not Carvalho in my Dream Team then! :p:
For some reason I'm preferring Wayne Bridge for left back at Chelsea. It's more a question of his style and how it suits the defence and the team as a unit rather than individual qualities.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I reckon West Ham will stay up - and finish mid-table.
Stimmt.
I agree.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blackburn to go down.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Blackburn to go down.
It'll be Blackburn, Fulham, West Brom and possibly West Ham and Portsmouth, battling to avoid relegation at end of season.

Wigan and Sunderland I reckon will be relegated leaving 18th place open to avoid!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
King and Carvalho would be quality!
I think King is overated. He isn't a paticularly good CB and isn't cut out to be in the England squad. I think Wayne Bridge is better than Del Horno. Del Horno was bought for cover because last season when Bridge was injured Mourinho didn't have options for LB.

Did Bridge play for Southampton before Chelsea?
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL - Newcastle trying to sign Kanoute at the last minute.

Maybe we can bump the price up a bit!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think King is overated. He isn't a paticularly good CB and isn't cut out to be in the England squad. I think Wayne Bridge is better than Del Horno. Del Horno was bought for cover because last season when Bridge was injured Mourinho didn't have options for LB.

Did Bridge play for Southampton before Chelsea?
I think you should watch a few more Spurs games - King is absolute quality, and definitely should be challenging for a place in the England team.

Great at tackling, positioning and his communication is quickly improving as club captain.

As for Bridge, he did used to play for Southampton - whether he will be better than del Horno if he produces form he produced in Spain is debatable though.
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
For such an untalented premiership footballer, it's amazing how awesomely awesome spud is! Charlton should loan us him back for our games against the scum - he always managed to score the winner! And have you seen his missus...? :rolleyes: :p:
I know his missus In a friend of a friend kinda way.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think you should watch a few more Spurs games - King is absolute quality, and definitely should be challenging for a place in the England team.

Great at tackling, positioning and his communication is quickly improving as club captain.
You're probably right but I'm still wary of him I think Tottenham have got quality players- I think Mido is top and so is Carrick. I think in the England line up both Gerard and Lampard shouldn't play together, Carrick should play with one of them. He's got great vision.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton will win the Premiership, Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup this season no doubt but not the Carling Cup because that's our bogey competition.
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You're probably right but I'm still wary of him I think Tottenham have got quality players- I think Mido is top and so is Carrick. I think in the England line up both Gerard and Lampard shouldn't play together, Carrick should play with one of them. He's got great vision.
Carrick is good but a bit too inconsistent - on his day, he is very influential, and very creative, but in other games he doesn't have much impact on the game at all, and yoou cant do that as a central midfielder.

He will improve more this season and he definitely deserves a place in the England squad anyway.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Everton will win the Premiership, Uefa Champions League and the FA Cup this season no doubt but not the Carling Cup because that's our bogey competition.
:rofl:
Are you being serious, I think Everton will be lucky to be in the top ten this season :p:
theaman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
And what you just said is a load of snot.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.74%
Labour (543)
51.67%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.42%
Green Party (58)
5.52%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)