The Student Room Group
Reply 25500
theaman
Yes I think we can - we will be challenging with Liverpool for 4th spot I reckon. Usuaully we are battling with them right up until Jan/Feb before we fall away but this season I think we can go all the way and pip them at the post.

We have strength in depth all the way through the team, and, with possible new additions of a LW, and a striker we will be fully equipped to mount a serious title challenge in a few years even.

What Spurs have is youth, and talented youth. In 5 years' time, I'd be agreeing with you, you could become a dominant force. But not this year. At the end of the day, we still have the stronger squad. Last season we held our own last season with enough injured players to fill Broadgreen Hospital - and we still made a domestic cup final, became European Champions and finished 3pts off 4th. You ever seen Carrick play lone striker? I've had to see Gerrard do it. My point is that we won't have to do that this season, and our subs are of far better quality than last season.
NDGAARONDI
Blackburn to go down. :biggrin:

i hope so
Raindance
What Spurs have is youth, and talented youth. In 5 years' time, I'd be agreeing with you, you could become a dominant force. But not this year. At the end of the day, we still have the stronger squad. Last season we held our own last season with enough injured players to fill Broadgreen Hospital - and we still made a domestic cup final, became European Champions and finished 3pts off 4th. You ever seen Carrick play lone striker? I've had to see Gerrard do it. My point is that we won't have to do that this season, and our subs are of far better quality than last season.

I expect us to finish in the top 6 this season - and I think we will finish close to Liverpool. Whether we finish ahead of you remains to be seen, but we will be up with you.
Reply 25503
theaman
I expect us to finish in the top 6 this season - and I think we will finish close to Liverpool. Whether we finish ahead of you remains to be seen, but we will be up with you.

I'd tip you for 5th. :wink: :biggrin:
vBookie odds for this weekends matches are up and ready for you all to lose some pennies. :biggrin:
4-1, how incredibly embarrassing.
Did anyone watch the game?
jamlan

Tommy Graveson man of the match for sure! :cool:
Reply 25507
This will probably be better for englands preparation for the qualifiers then a 1-1 or win.
So Calamity James and Steven Gerrard responsible for two of their goals I heard...
jamlan

Well I hope we do better against Wales :frown: I think it's time Sven left.
darth_vader05
Well I hope we do better against Wales :frown: I think it's time Sven left.

I've never had much confidence in him. He seems to run out of ideas and is unable to adapt to a change in the situation. I don't know if that's relevant to this game cos i didn't see it
Why did he bring on Owen and James at half time? Why not give Defoe a full game?
jamlan
I've never had much confidence in him. He seems to run out of ideas and is unable to adapt to a change in the situation. I don't know if that's relevant to this game cos i didn't see it

I think it's relevant to all his games. I don't like a guy who can't play attacking football, he always goes defensive when England are one nil up and that always results in us drawing. If we don't win the World Cup he's got to go.
darth_vader05
I think it's relevant to all his games. I don't like a guy who can't play attacking football, he always goes defensive when England are one nil up and that always results in us drawing. If we don't win the World Cup he's got to go.

I think he'll go anyway. Did you see what Robbie Fowler said about him?
jamlan
I think he'll go anyway. Did you see what Robbie Fowler said about him?

He's got some get out clause in his contract so after the world cup he can bugger of. What did Fowler say?
darth_vader05
He's got some get out clause in his contract so after the world cup he can bugger of. What did Fowler say?

There was more, but i can't find it

"Darius Vassell won far more caps under Eriksson than I could ever have dreamed of and that's because the manager was obsessed with lumping long balls for quick fellas up front. It's the modern disease and, for me, it's the preserve of a bankrupt coach"

I'm assuming he said it before Vassell joined City :rolleyes:
jamlan
There was more, but i can't find it

"Darius Vassell won far more caps under Eriksson than I could ever have dreamed of and that's because the manager was obsessed with lumping long balls for quick fellas up front. It's the modern disease and, for me, it's the preserve of a bankrupt coach"

I'm assuming he said it before Vassell joined City :rolleyes:

:rofl:
He should start a fan club for Vasell :wink: But I'm glad someone spoke the truth :p:
I think that's all Sven has tried with this England squad. I know he's had a good record with England but I've never liked the guy. But who could be a replacement?
jamlan

nope - covering someone as work and didnt realise there were internationals back then

oh well earning more £££ > the match
From bbc.com
"Rommedahl passed for Jon Dahl Tomasson to score, while Michael Gravgaard headed a corner against Steven Gerrard and into the England net"
Sounds like the Danes were playing with two balls! No wonder they beat us 4-1! :eek:
darth_vader05
:rofl:
He should start a fan club for Vasell :wink: But I'm glad someone spoke the truth :p:
I think that's all Sven has tried with this England squad. I know he's had a good record with England but I've never liked the guy. But who could be a replacement?

I think it'd be better to let him take us to the World Cup now. It's too late to change. But after the World Cup, since the next England manager "has to be English" McClaren is an obvious successor. Big Sam is good but i don't think so. Curbs?

Latest