The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
nope - covering someone as work and didnt realise there were internationals back then

oh well earning more £££ > the match
So was i. I hoped to catch the second half, then i realised it kicked of at 7, or sometime around then, so i missed it all
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
I think it'd be better to let him take us to the World Cup now. It's too late to change. But after the World Cup, since the next England manager "has to be English" McClaren is an obvious successor. Big Sam is good but i don't think so. Curbs?
I'm not to sure about any of the three. Bryan Robson would be good IMO.
Steve Mclaren has been Sven's second hand man and hasn't exactly done anything.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
So was i. I hoped to catch the second half, then i realised it kicked of at 7, or sometime around then, so i missed it all
yea, i came home at about 8.50

at least i dont miss the chelsea game on sunday, if it were saturday though i wouldnt be happy, working all day
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol at interviews on SSN
while Beckham's talking, theres a song in the background, all i heard of it was " If only i could turn back time" Denmark's trying to rub it in our faces then
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
Missed the match, reading the reviews. Apparently Defoe was useless, and our defense was brittle.

I know players can have bad matches, but 4-1 to Denmark? Although I was working and haven't seen the game, it seems to me that we severely lack a midfielder to cover the CHs, as Ferdinand and Terry are too inept to do this. Terry may get his arse kissed by the media, but I'm sure he'd be exposed at Chelsea minus Makalele. You should already know what I think about Ferdinand. I'm all for playing Carragher and King if, as I get the impression, the current two aren't getting their arses in gear. Of course, as I haven't seen the match, I could be completely mistaken. Either way, Gerrard or Lampard have to go.
Striker-wise, I think we've seen the reasons for Owen's inclusion over Defoe. He's a bright spark, but we need experience up front - especially considering what escapades Rooney gets up to. The awareness of Beckham-Owen/Gerrard-Owen are fully established.

Ultimately, this has to be mainly down to the manager not doing his homework, not putting his balls in the line, and not making the important decisions - other than how to spend his extortionate wage cheque.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
Bryan Robson would be good IMO.
Just proves how there really aren't any decent candidates for the job.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Just proves how there really aren't any decent candidates for the job.
no one english anyway
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/4157000.stm

he's just trying to cover his own back side :mad:
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mourinho or Moyes for England manager
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mourinho anyday
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mourinho anyday
indeed we wanna keep moyes!!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think you can have him because he's not wanted by anyone else :p:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think you can have him because he's not wanted by anyone else :p:
he'll be your next manager mate when SAF gets sacked
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mourinho anyday
hands off Jose - perhaps Benitez should be next England manager - could use that knock out competition experience to our advantage
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
he'll be your next manager mate when SAF gets sacked
Lick russian criminal's arse, or an american donkey's (+ sons). Rock and a hard place, methinks.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
hands off Jose - perhaps Benitez should be next England manager - could use that knock out competition experience to our advantage
As a bigger Liverpool than England fan, get you filthy mits off him! I don't doubt he could do the job. Here's an idea... give Fowler the job!
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Screw this how about you all nominate me for England manager? I propose we reduce the risk of David James going in goal again by playing him up front next to Rooney
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
:top: Btw, how's Spud [Murphy] getting on?

Flo Po's back in training, and he's coming to get yers'.
Yeh Spuds doing great! Hes in good hands.

Hahaha
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Although I was working and haven't seen the game, it seems to me that we severely lack a midfielder to cover the CHs, as Ferdinand and Terry are too inept to do this. Terry may get his arse kissed by the media, but I'm sure he'd be exposed at Chelsea minus Makalele. You should already know what I think about Ferdinand. I'm all for playing Carragher and King if, as I get the impression, the current two aren't getting their arses in gear.
Ferdinand and Terry were tight in the first half. Then Neville, Terry and Robinson came off for Glen, Carra and James in the 2nd half. The understanding between the defence seemed instantly lost... the downfall seemed imminent. You could blame Sven for this, but really it was due to how rarely this defensive group had played together, the collapse was understandable really. You need a unit that understands exactly where and how their teamates will be playing and this can only really be achieved from playing together. It was just a friendly and was a largely untested defensive group. So I'm not too worried defensively.

Attacking wise the main problem was the lack of tempo and intent from England. It has always been Sven's style and it sux. They largely rely on moments of individual brillaince for their goals, which is not the way to go! They played the ball between defence for far too much of the game, without caring about getting the ball forward, ended up costing them 2 of their goals. I was also deeply dissapointed at how un-motivated the players were. This is directly the managers fault imo, he has to get the players fired up! The few who were motivated, Rooney for example, was clearly due to self motivation.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sup all?

Came back from inter-railing round europe and saw an 1860 Munich game in the Allianz Arena while I was out there, was absolutely amazing!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (309)
46.19%
No (75)
11.21%
I'm not old enough (285)
42.6%

Watched Threads