The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I know. I wonder how many Liverpool fans who never saw themselves lucky in the CL last year (basically couldn't careless about the ghost goal) think of Sol Campbell's disallowed goal against Portugal. :rolleyes:

The team was certainly responsible against Denmark. I don't think Sven's the right man personally. I'm favouring Big Sam now.
I've always liked Sven except for his choices for captain, which weren't for the benefit of the team, more to win favour with the English public.

Team namely defence was to blame against Demark all the way... it's harsh to blame it all on David James, but his not good enough for the English side anyway

The campaign I was most pissed off with the one-man-blame scenario, was the last world cup with Ronaldinhos fluke-free-kick-goal. Where Seaman shouldered most of the blame despite him playing amazingly through-out the game, against the mighty attack of the Brazilians... I mean for god sake we were playing BRAZIL!!!
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I've always liked Sven except for his choices for captain, which weren't for the benefit of the team, more to win favour with the English public.

Team namely defence was to blame against Demark all the way... it's harsh to blame it all on David James, but his not good enough for the English side anyway

The campaign I was most pissed off with the one-man-blame scenario, was the last world cup with Ronaldinhos fluke-free-kick-goal. Where Seaman shouldered most of the blame despite him playing amazingly through-out the game, against the mighty attack of the Brazilians... I mean for god sake we were playing BRAZIL!!!
A 10-man brazil and with a team including a Beckham and Owen who probably weren't at full fitness. Sven had (has) no plan B, plan C, plan D etc quite similar to Ged Houllier. Portugal in the Euros last year were able to make a couple of substituons, change their system slightly and pen England in their own half. Chelsea can alter their game depending on the opposition and revert to long balls if necessary. Benitez proved last year he's flexible with the formation he plays and the players he uses. Haven't seen any indiciation from Sven that he's able to do something similar. Infact, without Rooney every england performance would seem dull and totally bland.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I don't like the guy at all, he's not got a plan B and that's why we lose against teams like France etc. Beckham shouldn't be captain and Sven should quit.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
A 10-man brazil and with a team including a Beckham and Owen who probably weren't at full fitness. Sven had (has) no plan B, plan C, plan D etc quite similar to Ged Houllier. Portugal in the Euros last year were able to make a couple of substituons, change their system slightly and pen England in their own half. Chelsea can alter their game depending on the opposition and revert to long balls if necessary. Benitez proved last year he's flexible with the formation he plays and the players he uses. Haven't seen any indiciation from Sven that he's able to do something similar. Infact, without Rooney every england performance would seem dull and totally bland.
That has made me think! I have no retort because your actually quite right
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Kills me to say it, but Utd have more class and passion in their football. When Utd play us they really bring everything to the table agression (some sheer down right cheating) but also great football!!!! (God I'm gonna kill myself after saying this)
You deserve rep for that I'll add you to the list :p:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
You deserve rep for that I'll add you to the list :p:
Please never (ever ever) re-post that, let it slip in to ult footie thread history
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Please never (ever ever) re-post that, let it slip in to ult footie thread history
I like people being honest :p: Don't worry I'll never let you forget that you said that!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Boro 1-0 Birmingham and we're all over them. Fantastic work from morrison down the right for Viduka to smash it home.

I'm watching the Sunderland match as well. They're so bad. It's almost painful (but mainly hilarious).
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Woo! Everton signing a Ferrari!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What A Goal!!!
Come On Sofia!!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OH MY GOD WHAT A GOAL VIDUKA

When he's on form he's one of the best in the league and what an absolute stunner that second goal was.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Villa down to 10 men :eek: Portmouth will probably win now.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Villa down to 10 men :eek: Portmouth will probably win now.
Villa were down to ten men after ten minutes, both goals have came after it.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Villa were down to ten men after ten minutes, both goals have came after it.
Good point :p: What did he get sent of for?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know Sofia aren't going to win the tie, but it'd be brilliant if they won this game tonight; Liverpool are sh*te!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good point :p: What did he get sent of for?
Violent behaviour, reacted badly to a nasty tackle from Hughes.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Violent behaviour, reacted badly to a nasty tackle from Hughes.
Well if he's on his way to Liverpool, he'll be going with a ban.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Really though - Viduka's second goal........

*creams*
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Solano is crap though, i hope he does go to Liverpool.
Oh another note; why didn't Sofia play like this in the first leg? Maybe they'd have a chance tonight if they had..
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Really though - Viduka's second goal........

*creams*
Is MOTD on tonight?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)