The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
If we play like this all season we may finish above the mighty Everton.
I don't think so. Boro are far from the finished article, just like ourselves. I think you should be looking to try and sneak into the UEFA cup, again.
Pretty much like ourselves, really!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol @ Morientes
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If we play like this all season we may finish above the mighty Everton.
mighty :rofl: I think boro are better than everton, but they need to strengthen there defence. You're definitely guaranteed goals with hasslebank and viduka.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
mighty :rofl: I think boro are better than everton, but they need to strengthen there defence. You're definitely guaranteed goals with hasslebank and viduka.
Defence? Our defence is, and always has been the strongest side of our game. And then we have McMahon, Bates, Hines and Walker. They will play for England. And then we have Queudrue - the most underrated player in the Premiership. We do need more attacking options in midfield. We have no real pace and link between midfield and attack and Morrison can't play every game this season. We need a right winger and a central attacking midfielder.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol @ Morientes
He's awful.
Makes me laugh the people who write off Beattie, then go on to say that Morientes will find his feet, go on to score a load of goals etc.
He's crap.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4178164.stm
I hate Real Madrid :mad: :mad:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate Liverpoool. I really really do hate them with a passion. They shouldn't even be in the Champions League this season, let alone in the draw for the group stages on Thursday.
All that pis*ing and whining has paid off it seems. They make me sick.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/53...57C85AE85A779B

From SkySports - "The goal was all the work of the former Leeds man as he received a throw in on the edge of the Birmingham area, he then tricked his way past three players before unleashing a Van Basten-esque volley into the corner leaving Taylor stranded."
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4178164.stm
I hate Real Madrid :mad: :mad:
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I hate Liverpoool. I really really do hate them with a passion. They shouldn't even be in the Champions League this season, let alone in the draw for the group stages on Thursday.
they did enough over two legs, so even if you begrudge them their cl place you can hardly begrudge getting through...
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The champions of a tournament should be granted automatic qualification. It's just crazy otherwise! They're give no chance to defend their title.

Anyway onto tonight's game... very, very disappointed. We should have beaten Villa no question about it. As soon as we equalised Villa looked like they'd settle for a point. Fair play to them they defended ok and scored a nice goal (free header from a free kick though, extremely worrying...).

Lualua's goal was pretty great but tbh I'd rather have scored a normal goal. At the moment we only seem to be able to score crackers. We created a few good chances but nobody took them. Most of our new signings look rubbish. This new striker - Karadis - he's just not up to it.

If we had Stone, De Zeeuw & Berger we'd have won this match easily. It's so infuriating knowing we had a very good squad and we've let most of the very good players go! And brought in substandard ones.

I don't like to be impatient but these are games we have to win if we want to stay up! What's next? Trips to Man City & Everton and... I'd be surprised if we get anything from them.

kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL :top:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
The champions of a tournament should be granted automatic qualification. It's just crazy otherwise! They're give no chance to defend their title.
Not at all. What is the aim of the Champions League? I thought it was for the top teams from each country to play against each other. Were Liverpool one of the top four teams in England? No.
It's just wrong that they have been able to get piss easy teams and walk into the group stages when they shouldn't even be there, and we're on the verge of going out because we weren't seeded and because of this are playing one of the top spanish teams.

I don't like to be impatient but these are games we have to win if we want to stay up! What's next? Trips to Man City & Everton and... I'd be surprised if we get anything from them.
True.. :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
LOL :top:
A horrible, horrible football team. I detest them.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
and we're on the verge of going out because we weren't seeded and because of this are playing one of the top spanish teams.
Everton wouldn't have been seeded anyway ffs because they've done **** all in Europe for the last 5 years

Jesus, so bitter. Good job all Evertonians aren't like you.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Everton wouldn't have been seeded anyway ffs because they've done **** all in Europe for the last 5 years

Jesus, so bitter. Good job all Evertonians aren't like you.
And you were seeded because..? Because you won the trophy? You shouldn't have been given a free place anyway!
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Not at all. What is the aim of the Champions League? I thought it was for the top teams from each country to play against each other. Were Liverpool one of the top four teams in England? No.
It's just wrong that they have been able to get piss easy teams and walk into the group stages when they shouldn't even be there, and we're on the verge of going out because we weren't seeded and because of this are playing one of the top spanish teams.

True.. :cool:
It's a league for the champions, as the name suggests. A league for the best teams in Europe. Are Liverpool champions? Are liverpool one of the top teams in Europe? Well... yes, they are!

I'd sooner see the champions of the CL qualify than whoever finishes 4th in the English league.

Just read that it was an own goal we conceded... that's even worse! It must've been very hard to accidentally score from there :-/
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's a league for the champions, as the name suggests. A league for the best teams in Europe. Are Liverpool champions? Are liverpool one of the top teams in Europe? Well... yes, they are!
I'd sooner see the champions of the CL qualify than whoever finishes 4th in the English league.

Just read that it was an own goal we conceded... that's even worse! It must've been very hard to accidentally score from there :-/
Indeed, the champions of their respective leagues and the other teams from the lower positions in the league (i.e. in england positions 2nd, 3rd and 4th) that the respective FAs select to go through for the competition.
Oh yeah - Liverpool got beat by CSKA Sofia tonight at Anfield :rofl:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And you were seeded because..? Because you won the trophy?
erm, yes actually. The winners of the competition are given an automatic place in next season's tournament as the top seed and go straight into the group stages. Due to our constant participation in Europe (and uefa cup success in 2001) our seeding was quite healthy anyway before Istanbul, hence the reason we were seeded and were in pot 2 for last year's competition. Everton's lack of seeding has absolutely no relevence whatsoever to Liverpool or any other club in the competition.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
erm, yes actually. The winners of the competition are given an automatic place in next season's tournament as the top seed and go straight into the group stages. Due to our constant participation in Europe (and uefa cup success in 2001) our seeding was quite healthy anyway before Istanbul, hence the reason we were seeded and were in pot 2 for last year's competition. Everton's lack of seeding has absolutely no relevence whatsoever to Liverpool or any other club in the competition.
Due to your teams constant pissing and whinging about not being in the trophy if they won it and finished 5th..
I'm not complaining about our lack of seeding, just that it's wrong that Liverpool are now through to the group stages, when they shouldn't even be in the competition at all.
If Villarreal go through tomorrow, which is very likely, UEFA will have got exactly what they wanted.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.64%
Labour (188)
47.96%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.29%
Green Party (25)
6.38%
Brexit Party (5)
1.28%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.77%
SNP (8)
2.04%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.77%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.53%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)
0.51%
UKIP (6)
1.53%
Other (1)
0.26%
None (12)
3.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise