(Original post by oblivious)
omg we're on page 1337!
Spammer!!! :rolleyes:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do people here think Arsenal's football is somewhat predictable?
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
of passing it along the floor passing it along the floor?
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They have variety in that they can play it out wide and cross or penetrate through the middle, but it mainly comes about by usually 'slick-ish' passing to feet.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well I don't think Arsenal have a plan B as such and from watching recent games between Man Utd and Arsenal I can say from what I've seen so far is that other teams are coming wise to them.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought it was a high foot by Baros therefore free kick to Chelsea and a booking to Baros. Andy Gray has the same opinion. I swear people don't know the rules of European football here.
If it was a foul for a high boot then the ref would've blown before the 'goal' was scored and it would have been disallowed anyway so that puts that theory to bed.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
If it was a foul for a high boot then the ref would've blown before the 'goal' was scored and it would have been disallowed anyway so that puts that theory to bed.
The referee is human and humans make mistakes. It was certainly a high foot. I've seen similar ones being cautioned. Wasn't a Liverpool player booked for the same offence in the final? Also it seemed Drogba earned his second yellow at the Nou Camp against Barcelona for something similar (studs showing). It's a shame we have inconsistent refereeing.

But following your logic there must have been a foul prior to Sol Campbell 'scoring' for England against Portugal otherwise the ref would have blown. :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Fckin typical. I'm watching the Chelsea match. Arsenal miss a penalty and go a goal down, so I switch to watch the Arsenal match. Then that match gets boring and Chelsea go and score.

Edit:Wahey! I saw that one. Cygan 1-1
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Definitely- the only time I ever recalling them change there strategy was when they beat us for the FA Cup (ouch).
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton team tonight against Villarreal;

-----------Martyn
-Hibbert---Yobo---Weir ---Kilbane-
Davies----Cahill----Arteta----Neville
---------Bent-----Ferguson--------

Come on you Blues!
No shame tonight, there's no chance we can be losers, even if we get defeated - we're here on merit and deserve this chance, worse case scenario is the UEFA Cup, so come on you blues!
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Arsenal match is pretty boring, although Fulham look dangerous on the break. Boa Morte's put a few decent balls into McBride who's been unable to finish.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Terrible goal celebration from Chelsea
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought it was a high foot by Baros therefore free kick to Chelsea and a booking to Baros. Andy Gray has the same opinion. I swear people don't know the rules of European football here.
You seem to put a lot of stock in what Andy Gray thinks. Other commentators/annalysts say Cech was lucky not to be sent off, the referee has said he feels that his decision to allow the play to continue benefited Chelsea cos if the goal wasn't given by the linesman he would have to send Cech off. I even know Chelsea supporters who say they were relieved that the goal was given, they were worried that Cech would be sent off. Baros's foot was up, but he brought it down with easily enough time before Cech flattened him. It's not the same as Drogba's challenge in that the keeper was bending down to catch the ball and Drogba's foot was at the same level as his face and in fact a lot closer to the keeper before he brought it back down.
I do have to add that i think Drogba's yellow was a bit harsh, even for European football.
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton 1-0 down, bad goal to concede. Also, things going rrrrrreally good for my fantasy league team.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Sexy goal from Richardson earlier for United =D
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Everton 1-0 down, bad goal to concede. Also, things going rrrrrreally good for my fantasy league team.
It doesn't change what they have to do too much though. They still need two to stay in the competition, only difference is that two goals now will take it to extra time, rather than take them straight to the group stages
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hmm davies is looking very good i must say. We're lacking the amount of route b stuff today but passing it along the ground at times pretty nicely. The end product needs tuning and bent needs to get some runs timed especially with his pace.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ronaldo is the most GREEDIEST player that I've ever seen :mad:
He should have squared it to Rudd on more than one occasions so that Rudd could score, but all he ever does is shoot and miss. Him and Rooney are the same age, but Rooney always looks to pass.

Ronaldo may be a good player but he's got a lot of learning to do, he dives about all over the place and thinks he can score outside the box :mad: :mad:

We had a comfortable game but Neville is going to be a big loss, hope Brown takes the opprotunity well cos I think he's been hanging around ferdinand for too long.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (77)
19.54%
Labour (189)
47.97%
Liberal Democrats (56)
14.21%
Green Party (25)
6.35%
Brexit Party (5)
1.27%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.76%
SNP (8)
2.03%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.76%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.52%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)