:rolleyes: I meant Stevie Gerrad.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
It should've been Carra
Cara's brilliant defending couldn't have won Liverpool the match, I think Gerrad has to perform for Liverpool to play well. This season Liverpool should try to become less dependant on GERRAD :p:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think you needed to have watched more Liverpool games last season withough the media's gerrard-tinted glasses on. Carragher was our best defender. He was our best player. He was our leader. There probably wasn't a single game in which that wasn't the case. However, Gerrard didn't play at home to Leverkusen, away to Juve or the two Depor games. He was also quiet in the Chelsea tie too. It should've been Carra hands down but no biggie as he'll continue to shine without getting the plaudits whereas SG prefers the limelight.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You're probably right, but I think Gerrad is the driving force when Liverpool are going forward. I'd say Gerrad is more like a talisman for Liverpool.
Do you think that Liverpool are going to put a bid for Owen?
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
I think you needed to have watched more Liverpool games last season withough the media's gerrard-tinted glasses on. Carragher was our best defender. He was our best player. He was our leader. There probably wasn't a single game in which that wasn't the case. However, Gerrard didn't play at home to Leverkusen, away to Juve or the two Depor games. He was also quiet in the Chelsea tie too. It should've been Carra hands down but no biggie as he'll continue to shine without getting the plaudits whereas SG prefers the limelight.
Yea but in the crucial matches like against Olympiakos and Milan he more than secured that award imo. When they needed something special he popped up.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Did anyone see the UEFA awards before the draw? Cech beat Buffon in the nominations for the best goalkeeper. :cool:
Only cus Chelsea got further than Juve :p:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Yea but in the crucial matches like against Olympiakos and Milan he more than secured that award imo. When they needed something special he popped up.
Where was Gerrard in the other 89 minutes against Olympiacos before he scored? I've got nothing against him but bugger me Carragher was IMMENSE last season, he truly was while the ****** from Fleet Street had their head up Gerrard's arse. He only has to touch the ball and he's won man of the match. Carra was completely ******ed in extra time in Istanbul - cramp in both groins apparently - yet put in several sliding tackles when he could easily have cried himself off. His performances against Chelsea and Juve were heroic. He was awesome.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
Cara's brilliant defending couldn't have won Liverpool the match,
Well actually, he was amazing the whole season (one of the reasons why we conceded as few goals as we did in CL), and also made some crucial interceptions IIRC in the final, despite cramp.

I think Gerrad has to perform for Liverpool to play well. This season Liverpool should try to become less dependant on GERRAD :p:
Kinda true, but we won many matches without him last season. This season we shouldn't be as dependent, as long as Alonso remains fit, Benitez signs a good right winger and if he manages to get the best out of someone like Zenden or Morientes (though I'm still skeptical about these 2 players).

P.S. it's "Gerrard"
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by kpg)
Where was Gerrard in the other 89 minutes against Olympiacos before he scored? I've got nothing against him but bugger me Carragher was IMMENSE last season, he truly was while the ****** from Fleet Street had their head up Gerrard's arse. He only has to touch the ball and he's won man of the match. Carra was completely ******ed in extra time in Istanbul - cramp in both groins apparently - yet put in several sliding tackles when he could easily have cried himself off. His performances against Chelsea and Juve were heroic. He was awesome.
Yea Carragher was immense but it always gunna be well hard for a defender to win an award like that. They can be super solid at the back and what not, but they can't really change a game and that's what people look at when they hand out these awards.
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
I know it's based on the club's co-efficients but they don't say how much x team has gained by going through to the semis etc.
These r the current 5 year rolling coefficients, chelsea quite a way behind atm.

Real Madrid CF** 131.326
AC Milan** 121.191
FC Barcelona 117.326
Liverpool FC* 115.864
Manchester United FC*** 110.864
FC Internazionale Milano*** 101.191
FC Bayern München 97.166
Arsenal FC** 93.864
FC Porto** 93.739
Juventus FC 93.191
PSV Eindhoven 84.145
Olympique Lyonnais 81.324
Panathinaikos FC** 70.715
Chelsea FC 68.864
naivesincerity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If I wanted to watch a bunch of divers I'd watch the Olympics.
Gudjohnsson, Robben, Drogba don't dive? Certainly the former two do IMO
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://209.172.55.18/aAfkjfp01fo1i-3...n_laff_big.jpg
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't see Boros european adventures being talked about?
Must be mistaken.. :cool:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rumour has it that Matteo Ferrari, a dynamic left back from Roma, and Andy Van Der Meyde, a midfield maestro from Inter Milan are set to be unveiled by Everton tomorrow..
mc_watson87
Rep:
?
(Original post by afireinside©)
Rumour has it that Matteo Ferrari, a dynamic left back from Roma, and Andy Van Der Meyde, a midfield maestro from Inter Milan are set to be unveiled by Everton tomorrow..
Ferrari wud be an incredible signing.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
P.S. it's "Gerrard"
Thanks! I'd have got it right eventually
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I think Ferrari would slove Everton's LB problem and Andy Van Der Meyder- well he's just brilliant.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think Ferrari would slove Everton's LB problem and Andy Van Der Meyder- well he's just brilliant.
Ferrari can't play left back, many Roma fans have told me, he can play there but not very well like pistone.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
Ferrari can't play left back, many Roma fans have told me, he can play there but not very well like pistone.
So you'd rather have Pistone?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Ferrari wud be an incredible signing.
Vroooooooooom!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)