The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Yep, typical of a team that did win it. The same goes for the supporters of a team that reached the heady heights of fourth in the premiership and used it as an arguement substitute for weeks!
Yes, I guess the "our 4th placed finish was better than your 5th placed finish therefore we were better than you last year" arguement is quite a valid one, to be honest.. :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
Only cus Chelsea got further than Juve :p:
Or perhaps people are starting to realise that Cech is better. :p:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
whats worse is you idiots thinking its better than winning the league
No, what's worse is your lot thinking that finishing fourth is a better than winning the CL. Congratulations on qualifying for the UEFA Cup by the way
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool in the same group as Chelsea could help Man Utd and Arsenal.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Everton have drawn Dinamo Bucharest in the Eufa cup. Cork City have Slavia Prague and Hibs have FC Dnipro.

Van der Meyde is actually a decent signing for the blue***** but runs too hot and cold. Quite like Gronkjear. Also a shame that Luque has gone to Newcastle, he's actually quite a good player.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
w00t van der meyde van der meyde van der meyde !!!! van der meyde !!!! and just as good !!! PISTONE OUT FOR MOST OF THE SEASON GET IN !!!!!!
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Yes, I guess the "our 4th placed finish was better than your 5th placed finish therefore we were better than you last year" arguement is quite a valid one, to be honest.. :cool:
I notice my above post went unanswered..

Ps - Van Der Meyde will be a quality signing, and Ferrari, things are looking up already!

Pps - We'll welcome you to the UEFA cup once you've been dumped out of the CL at group stage by Anderlecht

:tsr:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I notice my above post went unanswered..

Ps - Van Der Meyde will be a quality signing, and Ferrari, things are looking up already!

Pps - We'll welcome you to the UEFA cup once you've been dumped out of the CL at group stage by Anderlecht

:tsr:
i remember radzinski being Anderlecht's top scorer at the time we bought him hahahahaha
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
i remember radzinski being Anderlecht's top scorer at the time we bought him hahahahaha
Hehe - Well for sure it's a scrap out of Liverpool, Real Betis and Anderlecht for the 2nd place in that group. Would be refreshing to see that shower of sh*te come last and miss out on the UEFA
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hehe - Well for sure it's a scrap out of Liverpool, Real Betis and Anderlecht for the 2nd place in that group. Would be refreshing to see that shower of sh*te come last and miss out on the UEFA
so you fancying a trip to bucharest? i ain't risking my life!
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
http://sport.moldova.org/stiri/eng/3905/

The score was 3-1 at the half and stayed put, Dinamo choosing to settle in to a defensive stance and protect their advantage, much to the dissatisfaction of their fans in the stands. The Dinamo Bucharest fans, which make the Dinamo stadium most hostile place to play in Romania for visiting teams, threw lit torches in the middle of the few Cypriote fans in the stadium. 10 were transported to the hospital for severe burns. Dinamo has not been penalized or fined by UEFA, although, initially, UEFA officials considered declaring the match a 0-3 Dinamo forfeit due to the violence in the stands.
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm finally back again, god damn the school! :p: What have I missed?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
I'm finally back again, god damn the school! :p: What have I missed?
Not much- apart from the Uefa and Champions league draw United have been drawn with Villareal, Nantes and Liles.

You back at school already.
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
Not much- apart from the Uefa and Champions league draw United have been drawn with Villareal, Nantes and Liles.

Really?? When I was here it was 1319 pages on this thread but now it's 1347 pages. Chelsea and Liverpool in the same group? I think that they are not going to win this time.

You back at school already.
Yepp, the school started at Monday.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
Yepp, the school started at Monday.
I think you wrote in my quote.

I think it's going to be a tough battle for second place, becasue Real Betis are a good team. Chelsea will definetly get first spot and hopefully pool will get the second. The games between Chelsea and pool will probably be draws or pool winning
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, I guess the "our 4th placed finish was better than your 5th placed finish therefore we were better than you last year" arguement is quite a valid one, to be honest..
Yes it is a valid one, but then when you consider we also reached the League cup final and beat some of the best teams in Europe on our way to no. 5, can't say I really cared

Chelsea will definetly get first spot and hopefully pool will get the second. The games between Chelsea and pool will probably be draws or pool winning
Then how is for certain that Chelsea will win the group?!
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Then how is for certain that Chelsea will win the group?!
By Pool losing the others and Chelsea winning the rest
Chill, I was only writing what I was hoping for :p:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
The games between Chelsea and pool will probably be draws or pool winning
Where are the goals going to come from Liverpool then? Their strikeforce isn't as great as people would think.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It will be when St Michael comes back home

Same could easily be said about Chelsea. Couldn't score past us in 180 minutes, in the league games took two deflected goals to beat us and an own goal in the league cup final to get back into the game.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
It will be when St Michael comes back home

Same could easily be said about Chelsea. Couldn't score past us in 180 minutes, in the league games took two deflected goals to beat us and an own goal in the league cup final to get back into the game.
Based on the semi-final yes but look at their goals in the Premiership etc. So many goals from midfield we don't need an outright goalscorer to do our job. I'm not sure if Michael Owen will come to Liverpool, you have enough strikers - Crouch, Morientes, Cisse, Mellor, Cinema Pongoal etc.

Only Arsenal outscored Chelsea in the Premiership.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (60)
18.87%
Labour (156)
49.06%
Liberal Democrats (45)
14.15%
Green Party (20)
6.29%
Brexit Party (4)
1.26%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.94%
SNP (7)
2.2%
Plaid Cymru (2)
0.63%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (4)
1.26%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)