This discussion is closed.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
Why thank you
I'm not really fussed about whether Pool are better than Everton, but I'm still bitter from losing to everton due to Big Duncs goal last season. So at the moment I'd be biased towards Liverpool

I think Van Der Meyde is a great player- seen him play for holland and he's top quality. How do you think Everton are going to do tomorrow?
i'm not so sure about vdm, been told his end product is what lets him down and newcastle or spurs may hi-jack the deal somehow. Draw, we're lacking the striking talent up front, hope Moyes gets a striker after missing out on bellamy and forssell. But I have 10 tubes of smarties here ready to relieve me of any disappointment tomorrow.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
i'm not so sure about vdm, been told his end product is what lets him down and newcastle or spurs may hi-jack the deal somehow. Draw, we're lacking the striking talent up front, hope Moyes gets a striker after missing out on bellamy and forssell. But I have 10 tubes of smarties here ready to relieve me of any disappointment tomorrow.
From all accounts VDM hasn't been able to settle at Inter, hence why he's being allowed to leave. If he could capture his Ajax form, he'll be one of the top midfielders in the league - Moyes gets the best out of everybody (Carsley, anybody?), and so I don't see VDM not being a quality signing
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
Well we'd expect to beat teams like Fulham, but we never seem to get a result there, kind of a bogey team you could say!

I reckon we'll win though, 0-1 should be alright, or 1-2, certainly won't score 3! We're desperate for a top-class striker, especially as Beattie is out.

Van Der Meyde will be quality for us, i'm really excited about him being added to our midfield. It's slowly but surely showing signs of being able to challenge with the top teams. VDM/Arteta/Cahill/Davies - don't think anybody could say that's not a top 6 midfield.
I think Everton should play 4-4-2. They've got a top midfield but one striker is not enough. I hate the 4-5-1 which United sometimes seem to adapt to. I think Bent and Beattie would make a good duo but with a lone striker you haven't got much chance.Everton putting a bid in for Owen just shows there desperation for a striker.

I 've predicted Everton to lose tomorow but knowing my luck they'll proabably win now :eek: Anyways I'm off now.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think Everton should play 4-4-2. They've got a top midfield but one striker is not enough. I hate the 4-5-1 which United sometimes seem to adapt to. I think Bent and Beattie would make a good duo but with a lone striker you haven't got much chance.Everton putting a bid in for Owen just shows there desperation for a striker.
I 've predicted Everton to lose tomorow but knowing my luck they'll proabably win now :eek: Anyways I'm off now.
Night man :cool:

ps - we're 2 first team players short of a fantastic team, sort out left back and give us a new striker, then we're sorted. Just need a few extra bodies to fill in for injuries and suspensions
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where have all the kopites gone? I'm being surrounded here!
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Another european trophy....gosh, we may have to hire a trophy cabinet from big clubs like Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton or Aston Villa soon :eek:
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Another european trophy....gosh, we may have to hire a trophy cabinet from big clubs like Newcastle, Tottenham, Everton or Aston Villa soon :eek:
Gosh.
Newcastle nearly won the Inter Toto cup too, we're lagging behind everybody.. :rolleyes:
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Night man :cool:

ps - we're 2 first team players short of a fantastic team, sort out left back and give us a new striker, then we're sorted. Just need a few extra bodies to fill in for injuries and suspensions
tbh screw the left back situation and play 3-5-2

--------------------Martyn--------------------

----------Yobo-----Kroldrup-----Ferrari---------

--------------------Neville---------------------

--Davies-------Arteta-----Cahill-------V.D.Meyde-

--------------Beattie--------New Striker--------

Hate to say it but Bellamy would have been a PERFECT strike partner for beattie with his pace and linking play with the ball up front like his partnership with shearer for newcastle
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why thank you
I'm not really fussed about whether Pool are better than Everton
we both know which is the better team anyway, so there's no point in discussing it
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rooooooooooockin all over the world

Gosh.
Newcastle nearly won the Inter Toto cup too, we're lagging behind everybody.. :rolleyes:
I'm sure Everton would have won 46 European trophies by now had it not been for us.

Oh come all ye faithful
Joyful and triumphant
Oh come ye Oh come ye
To Anfield

Come and behold them
They're the Kings of Europe
Oh come let us adore them Oh
come let us adore them
Oh come let us adore them
Liiiverpool
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Rooooooooooockin all over the world

I'm sure Everton would have won 46 European trophies by now had it not been for us.
indeed
oblivious
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you're the manager of Dinamo Bucharest read this piece of advice from an everton fan to a bucharest support on an everton forum.

"you be careful mate. we have our very own hagi. goes by the name of mcfadden. so just stick all your defenders on him or he'll rip you apart. i shouldnt be telling you that really."
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If you're the manager of Dinamo Bucharest read this piece of advice from an everton fan to a bucharest support on an everton forum.

"you be careful mate. we have our very own hagi. goes by the name of mcfadden. so just stick all your defenders on him or he'll rip you apart. i shouldnt be telling you that really."
:rofl:!!
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

hope you win the uefa cup btw - make it an all blue final
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dunno, but its not nice. then again winning the supercup twice in 5 years isn't bad going...
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
i dunno, but its not nice. then again winning the supercup twice in 5 years isn't bad going...
I'm not complaining!
I'm happy for Evertonians to insult us all they want (well, not happy but you know what I mean!) I just think that references to Heysel cross the line
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I'm not complaining!
I'm happy for Evertonians to insult us all they want
OoOoOoO

:tsr:
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I'm not complaining!
I'm happy for Evertonians to insult us all they want (well, not happy but you know what I mean!) I just think that references to Heysel cross the line
You what?!?! Is that what that was meant to mean?
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
You what?!?! Is that what that was meant to mean?
That's what I got from it...ask Dan.
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OoOoOoO

:tsr:
Read the other bit Dan!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (309)
46.19%
No (75)
11.21%
I'm not old enough (285)
42.6%

Watched Threads