The Student Room Group
jamlan
So you think that it isn't possible to be a proper Arsenal supporter unless you hate Tottenham?

hating tottenham comes with being a proper arsenal supporter
~Sam~
I think that's sad too. I can understand hating football teams, but sometimes it just gets too extreme

it is sad, some teams throw flares etc. even when its a rare meeting like in CL.

even the West Ham - Chelsea Carling Cup match was disgusting to hear on the Gillette Soccer Special last season, glad it wasnt on the tv live. I shudder to think what those games will be like
oblivious

So that's a yes, then. I disagree. I think you can love your club (this includes the ones you mentioned, though sometimes it's harder eg AC/Inter, cos of the environment you're in, everything is forcing you to hate them) without hating another club
Reply 26363
oblivious

Do you really hatred is that important? So you can't be a football supporter without hating anyone? I dislike Chelsea and Man United as clubs immensly, but I don't see how you can actually hate individual fans
jamlan
So that's a yes, then. I disagree. I think you can love your club (this includes the ones you mentioned, though sometimes it's harder eg AC/Inter, cos of the environment you're in, everything is forcing you to hate them) without hating another club

So it's acceptable to 'hate' a club if you share a stadium with them, but not if you don't?

jamlan
So you think that it isn't possible to be a proper Arsenal supporter unless you hate Tottenham?

Would baffle me if an Arsenal fan supported the goings on at Spurs, aye..
Liverpool have now won more European trophies than any other team this century
That was from BBC website.

UEFA Cup 2001
European Super Cup 2001
UEFA Champions League 2005
European Super Cup 2005

Nice! :biggrin: (yes, i know we're only five years in, but still)
Reply 26366
Ok, I'm going to bed now people! No more arguing without me please, I don't want to miss it! Let's all just be a nice, happy, tsr family :biggrin:
afireinside©
So it's acceptable to 'hate' a club if you share a stadium with them, but not if you don't?

Would baffle me if an Arsenal fan supported the goings on at Spurs, aye..

Show me where i said it's acceptable. It's harder not to, it doesn't make it right.
I'm not saying they should support Spurs as well. There is an area between hating something and loving it y'know. It's really not that difficult
fernando
and in some of those cases its near dangerous

need i mention last seasons CL clash

Ah that's nothing compared to SS Lazio and AS Roma.
omg moyes sign Heskey he's amazing, 30+ goals a season easily !!!
oblivious
omg moyes sign Heskey he's amazing, 30+ goals a season easily !!!

I can't believe that WBA are playing so crap. Birmingham are walking all over them-they're dictating the game. Pennant is a brilliant player and one day Arsenal are gonna regret selling him. (I'm gonna lose a bet with my mate now :frown:)
darth_vader05
I can't believe that WBA are playing so crap. Birmingham are walking all over them-they're dictating the game. Pennant is a brilliant player and one day Arsenal are gonna regret selling him. (I'm gonna lose a bet with my mate now :frown:)

yer pennant is immense, very good long distribution though i think Bolton would regret not buying him more than Arsenal selling him.
oblivious
yer pennant is immense, very good long distribution though i think Bolton would regret not buying him more than Arsenal selling him.

Who do you think is better- Pennant or SWP?
Ahhh....what a lovely day for sport. I'm going to watch the Chelsea Spurs match on the computer and the Ashes on the telly. Beautiful.
I've been wearing my headband today (the one that Premiership players use) and I think I resemble Juan Pablo Sorin from Villareal. :eek:
1-0!!!!!!!!! sky blue army:biggrin:
scowcroft:p:
Spurs are down to 10 men. :eek:
NDGAARONDI
I've been wearing my headband today (the one that Premiership players use) and I think I resemble Juan Pablo Sorin from Villareal. :eek:

where do u get one, i want one :frown:
NDGAARONDI
Spurs are down to 10 men. :eek:

i missed it :frown: the stream was buffering like mad :frown: i hate saturday afternoon football its never on tv, wish i had art sports :[
oblivious
where do u get one, i want one :frown:

I used ebay.

Latest