This discussion is closed.
Ronaldinho_88
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
I am the Sports Mod.
Yepp, and you are soon going to give my reputation points :p: .
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldinho_88)
jeebus dude! if cindy's decided she's gonna rep you, she won't forget... stop harpin on about it.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apparently Martins is interested in a move to Stamford Bridge. :rolleyes:
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Owen is on the verge of signing a 4 year deal with Newcastle. S***! Does anyone else think that's a bad move? Maybe he had no choice, since we weren't willing to offer more than £8/£10 million
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
Owen is on the verge of signing a 4 year deal with Newcastle. S***! Does anyone else think that's a bad move? Maybe he had no choice, since we weren't willing to offer more than £8/£10 million
That was it IMO. No one can say Rafa didn't want him, we've been trying to play poker with him and Real for the last month but we've had a pretty bad hand whereas Newcastle had their cards on the table. Fair play to them. Hopefully it's a £16m loan move though

Now lets get this right winger and central defender.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
That was it IMO. No one can say Rafa didn't want him, we've been trying to play poker with him and Real for the last month but we've had a pretty bad hand whereas Newcastle had their cards on the table. Fair play to them. Hopefully it's a £16m loan move though

Now lets get this right winger and central defender.
At least now we won't sell Cisse and he doesn't have all the ridiculous speculation hanging over him. It'll be difficult to see Owen playing in their colours though, especially against us.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You can wait now!! :p:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jamlan)
At least now we won't sell Cisse and he doesn't have all the ridiculous speculation hanging over him. It'll be difficult to see Owen playing in their colours though, especially against us.
Yup, but life moves on. Good luck to him, hopefully he scores every game but they conceed two also He should get a great reception back at Anfield hopefully.
jamlan
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Yup, but life moves on. Good luck to him, hopefully he scores every game but they conceed two also He should get a great reception back at Anfield hopefully.
lol, yeah, or maybe three to make sure. I hope for his sake he has a relegation get-out clause in his contract. Having said that, he could turn it around for them, now they have a proper (young) goalscorer.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rangers 0 - 3 Hibs. Hearts lead by 6 points. Champions League eh? Where's technik? :p:
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No idea why he is joining newcastle, they have no european football this season, shearer is leaving at the end of the season and they dont have a great squad. The oly reasons i can think of why he isnt joing liverpool is because liverpool couldnt agree fee and guarentee him first team place with cisse, morientes in the squad aswell.

I think he will be regretting his choice but i understand why he would move as he needs first team football and want a challenge of getting newcastle into the top four of the league.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
He has a £12m release clause in his contract apparently, see you next year Michael
james101
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
He has a £12m release clause in his contract apparently, see you next year Michael
doubt it, why would they sign him for £16m and let him go for £12m? where did you hear that from?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Chris Bascombe's article in the Echo. Not gospel at all but wouldn't surprise me.
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
You can wait now!! :p:
:hmpf: :motz:
Ronaldinho_88
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Michael Owen has agreed to join Newcastle. It remains to see if Newcastle can improve their place in Premier League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ed/4196760.stm
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Michael Owen has agreed to join Newcastle. It remains to see if Newcastle can improve their place in Premier League.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ed/4196760.stm
For discussion on this please see the owen thread. Newcastle are bound to move up a few places. A player like Owen wins matches. He will scores goals!
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
John Terry to miss the next two England matches due to injuring his knee. :eek:
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Isn't Gerrard or someone also a doubt. There were 2 players weren't there? It's not very good, especially with Campbell also out (obviously).
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Isn't Gerrard or someone also a doubt. There were 2 players weren't there? It's not very good, especially with Campbell also out (obviously).
Not sure about the rest, I just heard on ChelseaTV. Doesn't look good for England if all the best players are injury doubts. :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (58)
19.21%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (64)
21.19%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.21%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (64)
21.19%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (29)
9.6%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise