I wonder why.
Because of personnel.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Because of personnel.
I wonder why...

... you see where this is going... again...?
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
I wonder why...

... you see where this is going... again...?
Change the record.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Chelsea have lots of good central midfielders and few strikers, which is what the system accomodates for. While United is the reverse and are only playing it as Keane needs support in the centre of the park nowadays. Also it's faring quite while for us atm anyway. Would still prefer to see 4-4-2 wid United tho, at least then we could play 2 of Giggs, Ronaldo, Park and Richardson, rather than the one the 4-3-3 allows for.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hiya peeps.
See I ain't dead I am still here.
Anyways don't forget to predict tonights qualifiers (see in predictions forum) as there is still time
cindy x
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Change the record.
*changes record*

Score tonight?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Hiya peeps.
See I ain't dead I am still here.
Anyways don't forget to predict tonights qualifiers (see in predictions forum) as there is still time
cindy x
:dancing:

wb
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If Joe Cole is dropped tonight, and Rooney is put on the left then it means that England still have problems on that left side and the midfield in general still needs sorting out, as was admitted by Eriksson last week.
IMO Beckham plays much better in the middle, and SWP should, on current form, definitely play on the right where his pace can terrorise any defender. Rooney also plays a lot better in a free role off a main striker (he should never play as lone striker), which leaves just 1 more place for Gerrard or Lampard. So if Sven had the balls, imo he should play
J.Cole, Gerrard/Lampard (preferably Gerrard on current form), Beckham, SWP, but he wants to accomodate all the big names.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
If Joe Cole is dropped tonight, and Rooney is put on the left then it means that England still have problems on that left side and the midfield in general still needs sorting out, as was admitted by Eriksson last week.............
According to the news Sven is dropping Joe Cole. I can't believe it. Why drop someone when they scored the winner for England against Wales?? :eek:
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think it was a deflection. IMO Joe Cole is crap and doesn't deserve to be in Sven's first eleven.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
According to the news Sven is dropping Joe Cole. I can't believe it. Why drop someone when they scored the winner for England against Wales?? :eek:
Because it was a deflected goal and not of his own making? At the end of the day, he's not even a winger and keeps drifting inside. Dropping him for the team's top goalscorer and only current one capable of filling the lone striker role makes good sense to me.

EDIT: Following from what endeavour's said, I'd defo try out 4-4-2 of J Cole-Gerrard-Beckham-SWP.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Because it was a deflected goal and not of his own making? At the end of the day, he's not even a winger and keeps drifting inside. Dropping him for the team's top goalscorer and only current one capable of filling the lone striker role makes good sense to me.

EDIT: Following from what endeavour's said, I'd defo try out 4-4-2 of J Cole-Gerrard-Beckham-SWP.
TBH I don't see anyone scoring a really good goal tonight. Think it will be a lucky thing. I will eat my hat though if I am wrong. Well thats if I stay awake long enough!
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I think it was a deflection. IMO Joe Cole is crap and doesn't deserve to be in Sven's first eleven.
That's a bit OTT?! I think he's capable of doing a decent job on the left, but who else would replace him anyway?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
TBH I don't see anyone scoring a really good goal tonight. Think it will be a lucky thing. I will eat my hat though if I am wrong. Well thats if I stay awake long enough!
Drop Lampard, then we might get somewhere. That midfield is far too congested for anything to get through - either way.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do you think he will play a 4-5-1 formation?
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by endeavour)
That's a bit OTT?! I think he's capable of doing a decent job on the left, but who else would replace him anyway?
I think he's more of a CM and doesn't have the discipline to play on the left. Downing is a possible candidate for the left. I may be fishing here but what do you guys think of Greening (WBA)?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Drop Lampard, then we might get somewhere. That midfield is far too congested for anything to get through - either way.
No! You can't drop Lampard. *sticks tongue out at Ben*
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Do you think he will play a 4-5-1 formation?
I think he might as well give it a go. He doesn't really have the right personnel, but he's proven himself unwilling to drop any of the Big 3 (Goldenballs, Goldenballs Mk II and Gerrard!).
an Siarach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Kenny ****ing Miller .
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I will look forward to seeing that hat eating then.

Just cus that's what you chelsea fans are used to seeing! :p:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (168)
19.22%
Labour (446)
51.03%
Liberal Democrats (117)
13.39%
Green Party (49)
5.61%
Brexit Party (13)
1.49%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.72%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.69%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)