The Ultimate Football Thread

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
On the same note how many trophies did you buy under Houllier? :toofunny: Try something else for a change instead of being as predictable as Arsenal.
Ermm, none?

Houllier wasted away our money after that treble.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
£100 million spent / wasted
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
£100 million spent / wasted
Tbh, I wouldn't say all of it was wasted. He bought Hamann, Henchoz, Hyypia, Dudek, Kirkland, Riise, Babbel, Cisse, Baros etc. But then, he splashed out on Vignal, Cheyrou, Diao et al too. Ah well, at least he gave us Melwood...
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wasn't there was someone called Cherryou or something?
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Wasn't there was someone called Cherryou or something?
A year later...
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
Tbh, I wouldn't say all of it was wasted. He bought Hamann, Henchoz, Hyypia, Dudek, Kirkland, Riise, Babbel, Cisse, Baros etc. But then, he splashed out on Vignal, Cheyrou, Diao et al too. Ah well, at least he gave us Melwood...
My mate lives less than a minute away from melwood and remembered seeing staunton in his mini metro. I live only about 15-20 mins away from melwood and bellefield.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
My mate lives less than a minute away from melwood and remembered seeing staunton in his mini metro. I live only about 15-20 mins away from melwood and bellefield.
Stevie Staunton... those were the days...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A year later...
Whoops. Yeah never heard of him 'til recently.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What have I got to be jealous of? It's not like Chelsea, as they stand, deserve much respect for their success. I'd rather be European Champions through hard graft and a bit of luck, than have bought domestic success.
I second that
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Whoops. Yeah never heard of him 'til recently.
That season we bought Nicky Barmby (£6m), Bernard Diomede (£3m), Gary McAllister (free), Markus Babbel (free) & Pegguy Arphexad (free).
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by missy_B19)
I second that
Says a Buccaneers supporter.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That season we bought Nicky Barmby (£6m), Bernard Diomede (£3m), Gary McAllister (free), Markus Babbel (free) & Pegguy Arphexad (free).
I remember McAllister.
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
I remember McAllister.
Absolute legend.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Attention Please!

The results of my quiz are out if any of you played it, were wondering who won or any of the answers
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Kuz has returned *gives hug*.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So since Souness and Eriksson can be managers of big teams shall we all apply for UEFA coaching qualifications? Half of us would probably take over half the Premiership!
:laugh:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Kuz has returned *gives hug*.
Easy now!

I just want to add my 2 pence about England last night!

Its either Sven leaves now like this very second so a new manager would have time to mould the side into a force for the world cup again. Or he stays until after the world cup and starts managing the side when he first took over and had something to prove as the first "non-English" manager.

Its not all Svens fault by the way, with a side of England's supposed talent and potential the way all the players played last night and over the last year of international games has been on the most part shocking... Even if they were manager-less they should have played better than they did last night.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Easy now!
But but but....

(Original post by Kuz)
I just want to add my 2 pence about England last night!

Its either Sven leaves now like this very second so a new manager would have time to mould the side into a force for the world cup again. Or he stays until after the world cup and starts managing the side when he first took over and had something to prove as the first "non-English" manager.

Its not all Svens fault by the way, with a side of England's supposed talent and potential the way all the players played last night and over the last year of international games has been on the most part shocking... Even if they were manager-less they should have played better than they did last night.
I agree.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Says a Buccaneers supporter.
yeah yeah, watever. Just because you know that we are going to whoop your ass this season :cool:
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by missy_B19)
yeah yeah, watever. Just because you know that we are going to whoop your ass this season :cool:
Intoxicated are we? I'll have what you've been having! :top:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (60)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (56)
20.14%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (58)
20.86%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.99%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.99%

Watched Threads