(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I agree.
Tut! Do u have 2 *sigh*
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'll have my disagreements with you when we play against you in the league no doubt.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ah thats nice.

England's troubles bringing everyone together.

'Tis nice.
Rainy
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Its not all Svens fault by the way, with a side of England's supposed talent and potential the way all the players played last night and over the last year of international games has been on the most part shocking... Even if they were manager-less they should have played better than they did last night.
It's not like it's the manager who makes the substitution/tactics/formations. But yes, there should have been better leadership on the field, and players of Lampard and Gerrard's quality should have dragged the team over the line. Obviously this is rather difficult when the ball is generally 20 feet over their heads.
~ o ~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Intoxicated are we? I'll have what you've been having! :top:
:rolleyes: you make me laugh...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by missy_B19)
:rolleyes: you make me laugh...
Was it a hallucinogen? :rolleyes:
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
It's not like it's the manager who makes the substitution/tactics/formations. But yes, there should have been better leadership on the field, and players of Lampard and Gerrard's quality should have dragged the team over the line. Obviously this is rather difficult when the ball is generally 20 feet over their heads.
It seems though that everyone is blaming Sven due to formation but lets face it the defence were not tight and playing too forward and Rooney and Owen had sh*t games where they were incapable of finshing. I mean of the class that England possess thoses sort of things that are supposed to sort the Englands from The Northern Irelands, they were severely lacking!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Was it a hallucinogen? :rolleyes:
its alright you don't make me laugh :p:
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
It seems though that everyone is blaming Sven due to formation but lets face it the defence were not tight and playing too forward and Rooney and Owen had sh*t games where they were incapable of finshing. I mean of the class that England possess thoses sort of things that are supposed to sort the Englands from The Northern Irelands, they were severely lacking!
for the position they had in the first 25 mins they should have made more chances too, something like 70-odd%
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
for the position they had in the first 25 mins they should have made more chances too, something like 70-odd%
England aren't agressive enough aswell anymore, I blame this on the most part on Beckham. As captain (like when he 1st took over as Englsnd captain) you must employ a must win, i-will-win, win-or-die attitude, of late Beckham is not only playing sh*t for England but is looking like he doesn't give one as well

PS. QUIZ ANSWERS AND RESULTS POSTED
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Ermm... what? McClaren was practically running onto the pitch and pushing our defensive line higher. It was our mdifield tactics that fell apart, not our defence. The goal just epitomised our game, by that time we had become a mess all over the pitch. As for Rooney - he wasn't played properly, and Owen had no service whatsoever - what with Beckham lobbing the ball over 21 others' heads to the corner flag.

Midfield tactics have been screwing us over for ages, partly due to the (lack of) personnel.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Midfield tactics have been screwing us over for ages, partly due to the (lack of) personnel.
Sven should try Parker, I believe he is what England need right now, there are too many midfielders in current selection that like to go forward, a holding man is obviously ideal
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont know if its been mentioned but Chelsea have been charged for giving independant drugs tests to players back in 2004, which caught now Juventus striker Adrian Mutu out for testing positive for Cocaine

i think with some cases, clubs have a right to do so, after all they pay the money to get the player to the club and a further amount to keep him there, yet Mutu lied to the club about his involvement with drugs straight to Mourinhos face.
i read that cocaine is a drug that stays in the body for a short period of time so even if a test was organised he may have gotten away with it.

Although there is a problem of test fixing, its made an example of Mutu and how drugs in sport shouldn't be tollerated
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Sven should try Parker, I believe he is what England need right now, there are too many midfielders in current selection that like to go forward, a holding man is obviously ideal
I'd go for a flat 4-4-2, dropping one of Gerrard and Lampard. At least for the next qualifier to see what could work. I'd actually prefer Carrick to Parker - always found him tidier on the ball. Plus he's had far more playing experience.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Exactly. Something England will need against teams like France and Brazil perhaps.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd go for a flat 4-4-2,
Agreed been saying this all along
I'd actually prefer Carrick to Parker - always found him tidier on the ball. Plus he's had far more playing experience.
Of the 2 I prefer Parker, although if I were Sven I would choose Carrick because as you said recently due to Parker's lengthy injury, Carrick has had much match play
SideView
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how about Ian Wright as manager! Yesterday after the final whistle talking with Gary he was so upset....i was cracking up ...he was so gutted that we lost he has plenty of passion for England..what a legend
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sam Allardyce must have been shouting his head off.
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd go for a flat 4-4-2, dropping one of Gerrard and Lampard. At least for the next qualifier to see what could work. I'd actually prefer Carrick to Parker - always found him tidier on the ball. Plus he's had far more playing experience.
So would that be:

J.Cole, Gerrard/Lampard, Carrick, SWP ?
sounds much more balanced than the current setup, but Sven just doesn't have the balls to drop any of Gerrard, Lampard or darling David (who can pass but can't tackle to save his life), let alone 2.
I knew we were in for trouble when he admitted that he held a meeting with senior members of the first team to "sort out the midfield, once and for all". Clearly, it still needs a lot of work / complete makeover.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One stylish b*stard :rofl:
Attached files
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.35%
Labour (438)
50.75%
Liberal Democrats (116)
13.44%
Green Party (48)
5.56%
Brexit Party (13)
1.51%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.74%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.7%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.46%
UKIP (9)
1.04%
Other (7)
0.81%
None (31)
3.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise