This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
Rooney's suspended :rolleyes:
Well then I'd play defoe over Crouch... god damn it I'd start myself before Skeletor!
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mind you, if Kaka was playing for Chelsea Raindance would still say Gerrard I bet.
non-centrally acting
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What's wrong with Crouch? Like someone mentioned before he's a player that links the midfielders and strikers. Defoe and Owen cannot play together because they're to similar and don't complement each other.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Well then I'd play defoe over Crouch...
I agree.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
What's wrong with Crouch? Like someone mentioned before he's a player that links the midfielders and strikers. Defoe and Owen cannot play together because they're to similar and don't complement each other.
Sorry but Crouch is sh*t, technically his poo! The only thing his got going for him is his size, and yet, shock horror, he can't actually co-ordinate his huge frame and looks like a piece of spaghetti sliding acroos the pitch
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I agree.
FFS! Dude.. this has to stop LOL!
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Mind you, if Kaka was playing for Chelsea Raindance would still say Gerrard I bet.
I agree
(Original post by Kuz)
I don't understand as well why Gerrard IS an immediate start, I would play Lampard in front of him anyday. If a midfielder likes to go forward well it better be for a valid reason, ie. assists and attempts on goal. Lampard out classes Gerrard in this aspect so I'd play him before Gerrard anyday.
100% agree.
(Original post by Kuz)
Sorry but Crouch is sh*t, technically his poo! The only thing his got going for him is his size, and yet, shock horror, he can't actually co-ordinate his huge frame and looks like a piece of spaghetti sliding acroos the pitch
Haha, I agree!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by afireinside©)
I agree

100% agree.

Haha, I agree!
I'd play Young in front of Neville though...lol!
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'd rather play David James up front than Crouch
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Well then I'd play defoe over Crouch... god damn it I'd start myself before Skeletor!
Even though I think Crouch is **** and Defoe is the ****; Defoe and Owen together isn't likely to work aswell as Crouch and Owen just because of their styles of play.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Gerrard anyday! Dunno wat ya chatting about tho!

(Original post by Kuz)
Effective tho, non?

Jan Koller aint much technically at all, but is top goal scorer in the European qualifiers with 9 goals. :cool:
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't understand as well why Gerrard IS an immediate start, I would play Lampard in front of him anyday. If a midfielder likes to go forward well it better be for a valid reason, ie. assists and attempts on goal. Lampard out classes Gerrard in this aspect so I'd play him before Gerrard anyday
Because the media are so far up Gerrard's arse and the general footballing public follow this like sheep. He (Gerrard) is a ****ing monster of a footballer. He is quite possibly the most well rounded midfielder in Europe. He could play in any outfield position on the pitch, signified by his stint at right back in the CL final (tho he has a lot of experience at RB) and being used as a 2nd striker (or 1st striker vs Bolton at home) last year. Hell he could probably do a decent job in goal aswell. If he fulfills his potential he will be the best midfielder in the country, probably Europe. If he retires in 10 years time he could surpass Souness, Robson et al. In 2003-4 he was simply awesome. And I mean awesome. He did everything, he tackled, he scored, he won headers, he made last ditch tackles, 70 yeard passes. All this x 10. He carried Liverpool virtually single handedly all season. He WAS the best midfielder in the country in that year and I can't remember a single player in my short time watching football who has had such an influence on his own team.

BUT his form last season was sketchy to say the least. Although he scored an excellent number of goals his consistency was lost and his captaincy questionable to the extreme. His form for England recently has been pretty poor but some of that is due to the way he has been handled. Playing him on the left side consistently is pointless. His stint in the centre isn't bringing any rewards either. He doesn't have the tactical discipline (yet) to just sit in front of the back four, but then again I don't think he's being asked to do that either. He's roaming around, a bit like a headless chicken. He doesn't look like he's enjoying his football with england and he doesn't look like he knows what he's supposed to be doing. Is he sitting or is he going forward? Does Lampard & Gerrard as a partnership know what their roles are? I don't think so. If Sven wants to experiment with formations or whatever he could do a lot worse than dropping Gerrard or Lampard and trying someone like Carrick, Neville (Phil) or Hargreaves in there. Based on form Gerrard would be the one to go but I'm not sure Sven has the *******s to attempt it.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I'd play Young in front of Neville though...lol!
Scum!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Because the media are so far up Gerrard's arse and the general footballing public follow this like sheep. He (Gerrard) is a ****ing monster of a footballer. He is quite possibly the most well rounded midfielder in Europe. He could play in any outfield position on the pitch, signified by his stint at right back in the CL final (tho he has a lot of experience at RB) and being used as a 2nd striker (or 1st striker vs Bolton at home) last year. Hell he could probably do a decent job in goal aswell. If he fulfills his potential he will be the best midfielder in the country, probably Europe. If he retires in 10 years time he could surpass Souness, Robson et al. In 2003-4 he was simply awesome. And I mean awesome. He did everything, he tackled, he scored, he won headers, he made last ditch tackles, 70 yeard passes. All this x 10. He carried Liverpool virtually single handedly all season. He WAS the best midfielder in the country in that year and I can't remember a single player in my short time watching football who has had such an influence on his own team.

BUT his form last season was sketchy to say the least. Although he scored an excellent number of goals his consistency was lost and his captaincy questionable to the extreme. His form for England recently has been pretty poor but some of that is due to the way he has been handled. Playing him on the left side consistently is pointless. His stint in the centre isn't bringing any rewards either. He doesn't have the tactical discipline (yet) to just sit in front of the back four, but then again I don't think he's being asked to do that either. He's roaming around, a bit like a headless chicken. He doesn't look like he's enjoying his football with england and he doesn't look like he knows what he's supposed to be doing. Is he sitting or is he going forward? Does Lampard & Gerrard as a partnership know what their roles are? I don't think so. If Sven wants to experiment with formations or whatever he could do a lot worse than dropping Gerrard or Lampard and trying someone like Carrick, Neville (Phil) or Hargreaves in there. Based on form Gerrard would be the one to go but I'm not sure Sven has the *******s to attempt it.
I agree with you but if Gerrard or Lampard were to be dropped, it has to be only for Parker or Carrrick EFFECTIVE holding midfielders. Hargreaves recent form has been shocking, I wouldn't want either Lampard or Gerrard dropped for him. Its not the players that need to be changed but the tatics employed in that position
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)

Effective tho, non?

Jan Koller aint much technically at all, but is top goal scorer in the European qualifiers with 9 goals. :cool:
Sorry but U=Man Utd Supporter=Fan of RVN=Most untechnical forward/striker to grace a pitch in top flight football :cool: fo sho
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I agree with you but if Gerrard or Lampard were to be dropped, it has to be only for Parker or Carrrick EFFECTIVE holding midfielders. Hargreaves recent form has been shocking, I wouldn't want either Lampard or Gerrard dropped for him. Its not the players that need to be changed but the tatics employed in that position
Sven seems to be a Hargreaves fan and to be honest, so am I. But I can't explain why he keeps being brought off the bench in the last 20 minutes of games. He's an uncomplicated player who can do a very good solid job. Probably more used to a holding role than Parker or Carrick and a lot more experienced.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Sorry but U=Man Utd Supporter=Fan of RVN=Most untechnical forward/striker to grace a pitch in top flight football :cool: fo sho
Great thort out relevant argument there, as usual over the years from you.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok

Robinson
Carragher Rio Upson ACole
SWP Lampard Murphy JCole
Owen Bent

if the game needs some winning, bring on Gerrard for Lampard and Rooney for Bent. if Owen's looking lacklustre bring on Defoe. Owen for Captain. Becks can warm the bench permanently.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
Ok

Robinson
Carragher Rio Upson ACole
SWP Lampard Murphy JCole
Owen Bent

if the game needs some winning, bring on Gerrard for Lampard and Rooney for Bent. if Owen's looking lacklustre bring on Defoe. Owen for Captain. Becks can warm the bench permanently.
ok enough of the jokes, what's your real team?
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by oblivious)
ok enough of the jokes, what's your real team?
injured. and i'm sorry, but you cant have gerrard and lampard - i decided. name a midfielder who will hang back while the gerrard/lampard goes on rampage. murphy is ideal. aside from that it is a laugh, lol.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (119)
19.83%
Labour (302)
50.33%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.17%
Green Party (30)
5%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)